Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolvanish View Post
    IMO the killer of WoW is the community. Stupid threads like these don't really help either.
    I bet the people who make these threads are subbed to the game and complain about it all the time in LFR and Trade.
    All whine about how easy the game is because they completed raidfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Flex Raids now work from between 7-40 players
    - Scenarios and 5 mans are rolled into Flex Dungeons 3-6 players
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

I know I know don't thank me all at once. I'm just trying to help.
    And this is why you will never ever ever work in the game industry.

LOL @ all the people wanting 40 mans back.

With the graphics and effects as they are now, you'd need a NASA computer to play 40 mans in those tiny rooms. (Tongue in cheek ofc)

With the small percentage that actually do 25 mans regularly, how about we try to fix that first before we ask for 40 mans back.

15+ Year Old Account
    1-3 are the WORST shit ive read all week
    4-5 Are not that bad
    6 is good, i wouldt mind the ability to grind mobs for rep, done it before, can do it again

Good to know people like the OP is not in charge of Blizzard
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

-Haven't noticed this yet. Kind of odd that I didn't hear anything about this.
    -Saw a realm first hc kill today, doubt it is removed.
    -That'd be kind of cool. Source?
    -Heard nothing about it..
    -Seen no skills removed. Also no new spec seen.
    -Has been that way since 5.2.

You must be the laziest developper. I'd much prefered it if you made sure the info was out before you made those changes.
    Last edited by mmoc9253cef1ab; 2013-10-28 at 04:12 AM.

1) No, awful ida.
    2) Even worse idea, except for the big red button bit. That bit is a great idea.
    3) I like this one.
    4) I don't have any feelings on this one.
    5) Depending on implementation, maybe.
    6) More choice is always good. I like.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: as I tell my friends who are dating the wrong kinda of people.

"You're choosing to do the tango on a minefield. Expect to lose a limb or two."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    LOL @ all the people wanting 40 mans back.

With the graphics and effects as they are now, you'd need a NASA computer to play 40 mans in those tiny rooms. (Tongue in cheek ofc)

With the small percentage that actually do 25 mans regularly, how about we try to fix that first before we ask for 40 mans back.
    I only want 40man back if the bosses only drop 2 item pieces per boss, 5 different people have extreme lag and disconnects and 15 people stand afk or die the first chance they get.
    Oh yeah forgot, hybrids are healers and warriors are tanks, and paladin blessings back to singletarget with 5 minute duration.

10+ Year Old Account

- I unsubscribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually if these suggestions were implemented I'm pretty sure you would be doing the opposite.
    1. So basically a glorified Slow Fall? Cause you do know how fast the fatigue bar goes down right? And that in order to balance this with ground mounts they would also get the same mechanic added.
    2. No this is just stupid as it'll piss off the casual and hard core raiders to no end that they would unsubscribe within a heartbeat. Also big red button? So basically every boss would be Mimiron now?
    3. Not needed and would annoy players to no end with the major feedback lag from healing. 10-25s are fine.
    4. No they are better separated so that you can still have more chances at gear and JP in dungeons and a chance at a very good piece of gear from Scenarios.
    5. Really don't understand what you mean here but 4th specs for all classes wouldn't be possible all at the same time and would have to be slowly introduce so balancing isn't messed up.
    6. Just bring back tabards and dailies, they were fun and gave you choice.

I'm pretty sure WoW is fine and doesn't require your (awful) ideas to 'save" it
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The big problem with mounts is it allows people to circumvent obstacles to reach a goal, thus making certain quests far too easy, and also makes it harder to design content. The problem isn't with being able to travel fast. The fatigue bar doesn't solve that problem it just makes it more inconvenient to travel long distances. If you want to get rid of it, do that, but a fatigue bar doesn't solve any problem while making the game inconvenient at the same time. For example on the pirate ship on the timeless isle, I can swim out to where I get fatigue mount up, fly over and drop down on top of the ship captain and just kill him without clearing the boat, and without even coming close to having my fatigue bar hit 0.

I agree we need less raid modes. The problem with Flex is they said they aren't good at tuning it to be harder without breaking it for certain group comps.

Don't combine scenarios and 5 mans. They are fundamentally different in that you don't need tank/heals for scenarios. If you want to get rid of one, get rid of dungeons, and replace with scenarios. It would be nice to have scenarios that scale up to bigger group sizes though. This expack basically did get rid of dungeons for all intents and purposes, by simply not making new ones or making them worth doing.

Not sure what you mean by ability bloat "addressed". That issue can be addressed a variety of different ways and I am sure not matter what way we choose it would piss somebody off. I agree that there should be less abilities with more dynamic interactivity between abilities.

Dailies are a just as much a grind as grinding mobs for hour. What people need is something to do that doesn't feel like a grind. Some kind of dynamic large group/scaling content like Instant Adventures and Events in Rift.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clueless is what clueless does. and no need to make two posts about it.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    The big problem with mounts is it allows people to circumvent obstacles to reach a goal, thus making certain quests far too easy.
    With the exception of The horde/Alliance quests in krasarang, they nearly always disable flying in current content. Thunder Isle, Timeless Isle. And I don't know many quests that were that much easier by flying. Once you hit 90 you can essentially steamroll most content anyway that you can fly to.

Too many changes that benefit too few of the wow population, and either inconvenience or annoy the rest.
    Here's my take on it.

-Normal is given flex tech. Getting rid of wait-list is a good idea, pushing people away from normal->heroic progression cycle is a bad idea. Enable x-server current tier normal/heroic. Server first race is a poor poor excuse for limiting the player pool so drastically for normal. Wow has rarely sacrificed so much current content for achive integrity. With good reason.

-Personal skill based achievements for lfr/flex raids. Boss kill achieve means next to nothing. Having an achieve that shows you take minimal avoidable damage, execute the "raid wipe" mechanic successfully, and minimally fulfill your role (in x-amounts of kills) means the world to raid builders. Stop throwing the perfomance evaluation part so strongly on the player's (and mod maker's) shoulders.

-Equal gear advancement for pvp and pve players. It is unacceptable that any pvp geared player be at a disadvantage (even is perfectly fine) in a pvp setting when against pve geared players. And yes, even to the point where pvp gear pieces become strong in pve due to ilvl.

-SOLO QUEUE RANKED PVP! Yes, even for arenas and rbgs. People on low pop shouldn't have to rely on forums xfers and oqueue. Ranked shouldn't just be out of the small percentage of players who still care after point cap. Wow pvp is getting trashed in participation with every other genre cause of their silly insistence on pre-formed groups.

-5man challenge mode queue. Put a proving grounds gold pre-req on it if you have to. Shouldn't take an act of congress to get a group for these things if you just prefer them for valor over other routes. Same with hscens. Did half a decade of /trade or /guild lfm <insert small group content>. Enough is enough. Just let me prove to the system that I'm not fail, and let me queue with people who've done the same. Rest of the stuff I can deal with. No guild hopping. No annoying grouping mods/websites. No server xfers. Just content at my skill level when I can play.

Actually these ideas are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    With the exception of The horde/Alliance quests in krasarang, they nearly always disable flying in current content. Thunder Isle, Timeless Isle. And I don't know many quests that were that much easier by flying. Once you hit 90 you can essentially steamroll most content anyway that you can fly to.
    That is pretty much the point I am making. The problem with flying is the one they address by not letting you fly, therefore an exhaustion timer doesn't accomplish anything worth accomplishing. The no-fly zones are not a very elegant solution in my opinion, but getting rid of no fly zones and replacing them with an exhaustion timer(if that is the plan) wouldn't solve the quest circumvention issue.

genius.

everything else is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I only want 40man back if the bosses only drop 2 item pieces per boss, 5 different people have extreme lag and disconnects and 15 people stand afk or die the first chance they get.
    Oh yeah forgot, hybrids are healers and warriors are tanks, and paladin blessings back to singletarget with 5 minute duration.
    I'd stick around for another 10 years if this came back.

:P

I'm only interested in saving Azeroth.