Deleted

[Mage] Trinket question

I am currently running Frost spec. Having had some truly horrible luck with trinkets this side of 5.4, I now have an option of 1 of 3 trinkets for my second trinket slot (I am already using the upgraded normal Immersius trinket)
    1. Wushoolay Normal 2/2
    2. Breath of the Hydra Normal 2/2
    3. Cha Ye Thunderforged Normal 2/2

I have been using Wushoolay till now, but am wondering whether moving to Breath of the Hydra is a better idea. It will help me reach around 19K haste (a breakpoint for both LB and NT). However askmrrobot.com seems to rank this trinket incredibly low (below Ghost Iron Dragonling????) making me wonder whether there is something I am unaware off about its proc rate. Do the wise dwellers of this forum have any advice for me as to whether I can switch to BotH from Wushoolay? I will of course have to refrain from using Frost Bomb in this setup.

1) will you be able to reach hit cap easily without wushoolay?
    2) breath of hydra will be amplified by immerseus trinket, so it gives more haste than the tooltip, which is nice.

equip wushoolay on ask mr robot, click save, and click optimize. write down the optimized gear score
    repeat and replace wushoolay with breath.

take the higher gearscore. as long as hit cap isnt a problem im betting breath will be nicer because it gets amplified.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buffmageslol View Post
    1) will you be able to reach hit cap easily without wushoolay?
    2) breath of hydra will be amplified by immerseus trinket, so it gives more haste than the tooltip, which is nice.

equip wushoolay on ask mr robot, click save, and click optimize. write down the optimized gear score
    repeat and replace wushoolay with breath.

take the higher gearscore. as long as hit cap isnt a problem im betting breath will be nicer because it gets amplified.
    With Breath of The Hydra, I lose around 600 static spellpower (after raid buffs). I however gain 2.7% haste (taking me to around 19k haste) as well as 0.9% mastery (after optimisation). Do you think this is worth it?

Deleted
    First off, never use Cha Ye's as a mage. But I think you knew that ^^

Second: I don't know how reliable AMR is in these issues. Personally, I have found that the shortened stack time on Wushoolays makes it quite bothersome to use; there is a good chance that you wont profit very much from the higher stacks of its spellpower (only casting, say, a Frostbolt), making the "static spellpower" you cite quite theoretical. Add to that the fact that Hydra profits from PBoI, and I think it really comes out ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
    First off, never use Cha Ye's as a mage. But I think you knew that ^^
    Don't know what your trying to say there, Cha-Ye was incredibly strong as Fire and was BiS by far in T15.

With my limited experience as Frost I would recommend:

Breath of the Hydra & Wushoolays, Only would use Cha-Ye if you are struggling to hit the 28% crit soft cap, obviously including self buff.
    Also keep in mind intellect procs give you crit

Hit shouldn't be an issue and if it is then you should gem expertise and breath is best for frost but hopefully you can get the trinket off garrosh which would be even better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpots View Post
    Don't know what your trying to say there, Cha-Ye was incredibly strong as Fire and was BiS by far in T15.

With my limited experience as Frost I would recommend:

Breath of the Hydra & Wushoolays, Only would use Cha-Ye if you are struggling to hit the 28% crit soft cap, obviously including self buff.
    Also keep in mind intellect procs give you crit
    I'm awfully sorry, obviously I somehow didn't manage to type "Frost mage" there, which it should have said. Thanks for catching that. That being said, it stands true though: A Frost mage should never use Cha-Ye, not if given the other options

OP, I currently use Wush and Breath both 2/2 normal, still have yet to get PBoI. As soon as I get PBoI, it will replace Wush. For me it will be Breath and PBoI, replacing Breath with Garrosh trinket.

Go with PBOI and Breath until you get KTT then use PBOI and KTT. KTT is a slightly higher dps gain than BBoY at least for the haste build. BBoY is best for single target mastery build. BBoY would also depend on your bomb choice.
    Last edited by Vedel; 2013-10-28 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    A bit late, but thanks for responses guys!
    The static intellect I was referring to meant that I would have to use expertise gems rather than intellect gems (+ haste of course) in my red sockets leading to reduction in spellpower (ignoring procs)