Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Or perhaps the fact that Alliance players are generally less organized and, let's face it, less talented players - they're the epitome of the unwashed masses.
    That seems highly unlikely. Having played this game since launch, I started out as Alliance in vanilla, and turned horde since end of vanilla (just before Naxx hit). Back then the Forsaken had the best racials in the game (Will of the forsaken & canibalize), and Taurens had % extra life (not base, but including gear! ) that truly mattered when going up against cutting edge raids. So you see, the Horde were extremely unbalanced back then. Over the course of time I've noticed that the horde population has exploede even if Blizzard have tried to balance it out with human racials, and even given the ally's Worgen.

At the end of the day, what Blizzard did back then was due to the fear of not enough people wanting to play "the bad guys", so they over did it, and ever since they've been strugling to turn the tide of balance.

The trash after Malkrok, in the room before you split to either Siegecrafter, Paragons or Thok is killed by NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Top 10
    80% horde in top10 25man and 80% horde in top10 10man
    Proving you can't read what you argue against really devalues your argument. Top 50 raiding is the only place I've seen noticeable horde imbalance, but in every other aspect of the game alliance imbalance is fine?

Reminds me of the whining when cata hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are min maxing every little half of percent then you may call the horde racials better for PvE but in the end they won't make any difference. Yeah Method did faction change but that was at a time where the difference was way bigger then it is today, else you would not see any alliance guilds in the rankings at all. I am convinced that Method would have won the race even if they'd still be alliance.

The fact that nowadays 70% plus are horde guilds in the rankings also comes from all the fan boys faction changing when top guilds did or some horde guilds started to lead some rankings.

Back to topic:

Although I prefer to play horde because I cannot stand the bling bling blue and golden themed cities and calling a gnome my ally I highly recommend that you play one or more chars to max as alliance too. In my eyes it is a whole new experience to level a char from another point of view in other zones and when you reach MoP content you will have some quests which are heavily related to their horde counterparts.

TLR definitely worth giving a try

The only advantage you will have while playing on the alliance side,if you visit the bank and click the guy on there you won't hear a yelling orc like "blood and thunder" with an aggresive attitude

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see the fascination with alliance, I hate being the good guys in any game tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaine View Post
    I honestly don't see the fascination with alliance, I hate being the good guys in any game tbh
    How are they the good guys? Horde and Alliance are both good guys. If anything, Varian has resparked any bad-assery he had in him in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    You mean Lead Systems Designer Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street who is also a Heroic raider is a LFR crybaby?
    "seeing how some top guilds switched to horde, we can say horde is once again one step ahead." http://www.wowjuju.com/_/wowarticles...eg-street-r277

OT: I would love to see for example players being able to purchase any Racial ability, maybe with same Faction cheaper than opposite faction, and for Example as a Troll you start out with Troll racial for free but can swap it so, say, Tauren for Gold if you want to be tank at Heroic raiding.
    I believe horde racials are stronger PvE, I really do. But oh my god with arguments like this do you expect anyone to take you seriously? Greg, like any other player, has been proven time and time again to have no idea what he's talking about with a lot of balancing aspects. Some classes outright disregard what he says for that reason.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    That lord of the rings joke humans tell when you type /silly .. gets me every time.

Deleted
    Don't play Alliance. Worst races in the game.

Human and Draenei males make me want to punch the people behind the keyboard controlling them.

Deleted
    I would really enjoy the laugh I'd have in the day when racials get removed or reworked and actually no horde moves to alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    the best part about rolling alliance is playing with all those pre-teens.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I would really enjoy the laugh I'd have in the day when racials get removed or reworked and actually no horde moves to alliance.
    Of course not. Method moved to horde because the racials were OP, but why would they spend the money to move back to alliance if the racials were nerfed so that both sides were equal? Only way they'd move back is if suddenly alliance racials were OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apom View Post
    Best thing being alliance? The medieval atmosphere and culture. That other faction is just pure barbarian living in tents and wiping @ss with grass. Go look around in bloodhoof village if you dont believe me
    Man I even heared Wrynn has his own flush toilet
    Orc and Goblin industrial might would like to have a word.

Oh Forsaken and Blood Elves to.

(Trolls and Tauren are the only "primitive" races)

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Of course not. Method moved to horde because the racials were OP, but why would they spend the money to move back to alliance if the racials were nerfed so that both sides were equal? Only way they'd move back is if suddenly alliance racials were OP.
    I didn't know method was 3million players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I didn't know method was 3million players.
    It was an example of a guild that moved to horde for the racials that won't move back if they weren't a factor. Don't be so pedantic.

Being a better raider... you know not leaning on crutches like better racial abilities, we down bosses with what the classes bring not queer pigs and cow people.

Not having to feel morally cringey with killing neutral npcs/the opposing faction and still calling myself "noble and honorable".

I have an extremely hard time getting into the mode of being a horde as I find all of their races to be more or less through-and-through evil whilst calling themselves "the oppressed/hunted". I don't want to play someone who's both evil and oblivious to the fact that they are in fact evil. I'd rather play the Scourge as they at least know they are evil.

And I'm also not in my teens listening to Korn whilst rolling an undead warlock or something and believing I'm such a cool anti-conformist against society so I play Horde. I find that attitude to be the general horde-attitude on the forums far more than in-game though.

The general horde-player also seems to believe they as a faction are still the "cool, odd and mature choice" because they play "ugly" races yet they prove time and time again how awkward and angsty they are more so than the alliance side whenever the A/H-discussion surfaces
    Last edited by Laukkanen; 2013-10-29 at 02:08 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for the interesting input, but can one of you answer my question in regards to the classes I mentioned? Thanks

You do less damage in raids. Also, your racials are less useful in raids. You do A LOT less damage in raids when the boss is a beast. You have to recruit more because there are a lot more hardcore horde guilds.

Also, you do less damage in raids.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV