Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Leveling with or without heirlooms

Does anyone reroll/create new alts/toons and level without heirlooms? How enjoyable is it to you and does it really make a huge difference in how fast you level?

I do lvl with heirlooms and I have ton of fun doing it

- - - Updated - - -

I can lvl pretty fast myself I could go 1-90 in about 24 hrs

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been wanting to reroll and level until the next expansion comes out. Mostly cause Im too far behind gear wise from raiding current content cause I took a 5 month break from WoW cause of work. Im too impatient to wait for RaF to come back and just level that way without heirlooms

10+ Year Old Account
    I use heirlooms, still do, and now you can enchant them with high level enchants (90 stuff).

Definitely worth the investment if you're wanting to hit raiding ASAP (which I do) or being ready for the next installment of WoW (which will hopefully be announced at BlizzCon in detail).

15+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled most of my recent characters without heirlooms - they're still fairly fast to do, and the quests make sure you, generally, have the gear at the end of a zone to be ready for the next zone. I can do 1 to 70 in a day and a half, and about as much time again to do 70 to 90.

Deleted
    I would enjoy it more without heirlooms.... but I'm too impatient - it's a shame really

Also playing with heirlooms your char looks the same more or less the whole leveling process, which is nowhere near as exciting as upgrading weapons constantly etc

I don't bother with no-heirloom leveling, anymore. I play a ton of alts but after a few hundred hours leveling them all (yeah, that many) the concept of taking 40+ hours to reach 90 from start even once more is not worth it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    i love using Heirlooms as much as i can. i hate certain levels with a passion, 58-68 being the worst offender. i also really only want to have another max lvl toon to do the things that i have the most fun with. and thats casual raiding. i dont care about HM, i just enjoy raiding with friends and guildies. if i can do a raid every night of the week i would, but i need alts to do them with. or if somebody cant make a certain role, i have an alt for that.

low level zones were fun once. but after that its just like watching re~runs. i just wanna get to max lvl and do achievements, or raids. heirlooms are amazing for speeding up that process.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    Ive been wanting to reroll and level until the next expansion comes out. Mostly cause Im too far behind gear wise from raiding current content cause I took a 5 month break from WoW cause of work. Im too impatient to wait for RaF to come back and just level that way without heirlooms

If you dont care about current content then you have plenty of time to level up without heirlooms.

If you are an experienced player, leveling is fast and easy even without heirlooms. Yes, it does make it faster, but not as much as you would expect since most of your time while leveling is traveling.

It would be an interesting project.. the same person levels the same spec with and without heirlooms.

Probably the place it really makes the most difference is if you are a tank or healer and chain-LFGing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    Does anyone reroll/create new alts/toons and level without heirlooms? How enjoyable is it to you and does it really make a huge difference in how fast you level?
    na the real difference come once you hit 85, all the stuff Pre-Mop is a breeze with or without heirlooms, the only difference is that you don't vendor all the gear you get. But once you reach mop levelling suddenly become boring at hell and make me want a full set of heirlooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Just Finished a Shaman in 2 Days 12 Hours Played using a Full BOA loadout, Not the Fastest I know, But I spent a Bit of time just Derping around and not really paying attention. it is definitely a lot more fun using BOA's and completely overpowering the content, but you come down to earth with a bump in MOP

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes with sometimes w/o it really depends on my mood (:

I love lvling in outland stupid fun compared to wotlk cata and mop Leveling with heirlooms obviously through 1-90. MoP lvling is the worst though, takes ages even with the nerfs, Thankfully Timeless isle is an excellent 85-90 lvling spot .

I've done my monk (although with that exp buff / meh) to 90, didnt take to long.

I've done all the class's to 85, pretty much without looms, except a rogue and a mage, I level'd the others to 80 before looms came out and done the rest during cata so yea, pretty much loomless

Oh I did a 80 mage twink with looms, took about 1/3 of the time I have to say, but I do like leveling without looms see more content that way. Badlands quest line is friken awesome now

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled a character on another realm without heirlooms, and i liked it more than the heirloomed toon, because i could replace every piece of my gear.

Deleted
    Leveling with heirlooms guarantees pieces of gear correct for your spec, whereas low lvl instance drops are ffa, and can get grindy getting what you need with everyone rolling on it

10+ Year Old Account
    i have several lowbie alts all fully boa'd up, its so easy to blast through content that until pandaria you feel invincible. I recently made a mage on a friends server to muck about on, no BOA's or chants, bags etc and it was a reality check, really had to concentrate on what i was doing, use CC's and pots to survive some mob pulls in the great outdoors. In other words it was a challenge and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    I do lvl with heirlooms and I have ton of fun doing it

- - - Updated - - -

I can lvl pretty fast myself I could go 1-90 in about 24 hrs
    How? Using RAF/XP flask? I mean 24 hrs is like nothing

I've never used heirlooms, but I can say that it's just as enjoyable as you make it be. Indulging in game lore is fascinating, and taking your time is just as fascinating if your RP you toon.