Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM

[Movies] Anyone mind answering a quick survey about movies?

Would you guys mind taking a few minutes to answer this survey real quick? Its just for a persuasion class and this will just be used for prelimnary data. We are just starting to put together a survery to determine what makes people go see movies the most.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

1. When you visit certain websites, do you pay attention to the movie ads?
    Yes or No
    2. What do you think grabs your attention when looking at a poster?
    Yes or No
    3. Do you place more emphasis on critiques from friends or professional critiques?
    Yes or No
    4. Do you find promotional interviews informational?
    Yes or No
    5. Does watching a movie trailer motivates you to go see the movie?
    Yes or No
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

1. No
    2. Nothing in particular.
    3. Pros
    4. Not Really
    5. Not Really

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to figure out how #2 is supposed to have an open answer, yet you expect us to answer yes or no, and how #3 is not a yes or no answer, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    1. no i got adblock

2. nothing in particular, just stuff thats in my taste. if i see a poster with a fairy on it, im not gonna read it, if i see an explosion, or a sword or something i might take a look, but posters are not that great in grabbing my attention really.

3. from friends, friends that i know have simmilar interests to me, if they say they really hate it, a good chance i will to.

4. never watched one

5. yes! trailers are the main way i hear about/know about films!the trailer has to hook me or i won't pay to see it.

Deleted
    1. No

2. Colour scheme. I like dark themed posters.

3. None. Usually try to see how online reviews rate it (imdb, for instance).

4. If I like the actor, yes, but generally I avoid them (who's not going to try and praise their newly released flick?)

5. Yes

The "Yes or No" makes no sense on numbers 2 and 3, and question 5 is stupid so I'm ignoring it.

1. No.
    2. The cast.
    3. Professional.
    4. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    The "Yes or No" makes no sense on numbers 2 and 3, and question 5 is stupid so I'm ignoring it.

1. No.
    2. The cast.
    3. Professional.
    4. No.
    ...how is number 5 'stupid'? It's a valid question. You go to see a movie, or you see the trailer randomly on, say, Youtube. If you like it, does it make you want to go see the movie? There have been plenty of times I've seen previews to movies that I thought looked good, but never wanted to go see in theater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

1. Nope, but to be fair I don't pay attention to any adds.

2. Shirtless men. That was the first thing that came into my head. Do with it as you wish. (So, I guess my answer would be something eye-opening - unexpected?)

3. I'll include my family into the friends category, so definitely from friends.

4. Informational is sort of a weird word to use here. I mean, if someone is being interviewed and he is talking about a movie he's in, of course I'm going to learn more about it. Yes.

5. Only if it's particularly interesting; I'm going to have to go with no.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have add block. So No. (Or do you mean trailers)

The theme.

3. Do you place more emphasis on critiques from friends or professional critiques?
    Professionals. I adore film and have a pretty high standard (most of the time). My friend will see a movie simply because they like an actor.

No. They are promoting. I don't think you are really getting another other then "please see my new movie"

Yes. I'll give you a good example. I really didn't think much of Captain America. The trailer for the new one got me really excited to see it (I usually wont see a squeal if I didn't like the original, as its seems like a waste of money)

Hope that helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Thanks everyone for the responses, you guys have been a big help.

I can always use more so if you want to reply be my guest but i got the amount i needed.

You guys are awesome <3
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

1. No, I also have adblocker because I generally don't want to see ads.
    2. Boobies.
    3. Both. If both my friends and the pros say it sucks, it probably does and I'll skip it.
    4. No. I also usually don't give that much of a crap to watch that kind of shit.
    5. Yes, absolutely, there are very few movies I've seen in theaters that I hadn't seen a trailer for...it's still the most common way of hearing about movies, I think, lots of people watch TV and watch videos on youtube.

1. Yes, (probably one of the select few kinds of adverts I don't filter out).
    2. Famous actors, (that I like), directors, (that I like), and genre.
    3. I usually skim through the first page of critiques on IMDB, then filter out ones written by women, (not sexism, but different tastes -> Twilight/romantic dramas etc.), and pompous windbags.
    4. If they have cuts from the movie. (Like the Harrison Ford promo for Ender's game)
    5.Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    1)No.
    2)This isn't a yes or no question...and usually what gets my attention is pictures or names of actors, writers, or directors whose work I generally enjoy.
    3)Also not yes or no. I place more emphasis on reviews from people who frequently share my tastes-this includes both friends and professionals. If someone who routinely likes and dislikes most of the same movies I do, I am a lot more likely to watch a movie they gave a positive review to than I am a movie that got a positive review from someone who constantly raves about things I dislike)
    4)Sometimes
    5)Depends on the trailer.

Deleted
    1. No
    2. Usually the name of the director.
    3. Pros.
    4. Not really. Most of the time the questions are boring and the answers are run of the mill.
    5. I try to avoid trailers, they're manipulative and often give away too much of the plot.

1. No.
    2. Does it look cool, interesting, is there names I know, it varies a lot. I believe there exists people who knows how a poster is supposed to be set up and look to grab your attention?
    3. I place a lot on IMDb, I only care for one or two movie reviewers that I know, skrew Rotten Tomatoes, it depends on the friend, if I know we have a similar taste I will go by it. Usually I'm the guy that watches most things I care enough to watch first though.
    4. Sometimes, if I like the director/writer.
    5. Yes.

1. Not really
    2. Honestly boobs.(but never click on the boobs, danger lurks within)
    3. Friends
    4. Not informational so much as interesting, if that is what you mean then Yes, otherwise No
    5. Yes (well if it's really good)

No

Anything that I might be familliar with (an Actor / Actress / Director I like, or if it's a movie I've been waiting for / based on a book / series I like etc.)

Only 1 friend which knows his movies, otherwise the pros.

Barely watch any... so no.

Yes

Deleted
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    1 - No
    2 - Thats Not a Yes or No question, but the Quality of the poster, and giving a hint about what its about.
    3 -Again Not another yes / No Question, I check several sources, Movie Bob, Rotten Tomatoes, and IMDB being amongst them, also speak to several friends. Since My friends know me better than a random website I tend to trust them more.
    4 - Sometimes.
    5 - Sometimes.

Personal opinion, Your "survey" needs a lot of work on it, would be interested in taking it again when you have a more complete set of questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you guys mind taking a few minutes to answer this survey real quick? Its just for a persuasion class and this will just be used for prelimnary data. We are just starting to put together a survery to determine what makes people go see movies the most.

Thanks in advance for your participation!

Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Yes or No
    Nope, I don't pay attention to ANY adds.

the general layout, I know that's kind of a non-answer, but it's still true.

friends, most proffesionals these days are godawful. I still trust a few (Claudia Winkleman <3) but mostly I'll wait and see what friends thinks, or just ignore everyone and just go to see whatever I like .

sometimes, I've see a few that were interesting and really made me want to see the film, but I've also seen some that put me off.

yes, all the time , it's one of my primary method's of getting stocked for a film.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    1. No.

2. I honestly don't really look at movie posters.

3. Critique from friends.

4. No. (I don't watch them though.)

5. Yep.
    This passion is a plagiarism.