Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Nova!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbuffed: 574 Item Level

Prayer of healing: 30 yard range 2.25 second cast, heals for 62k to 5 targets 350k every 2 seconds

Holy Nova: 10 yard range, instant heals for 3-4k to 5 targets that is 40k at best every 2 seconds, not counting CDG

350k with 30 yard range VS 40k with 10 yard range. How has this been like this so long?????

holy nova is going to be the new snake trap! hah.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Holy nova is there so people who liked it can't complain about it being removed, and it's a glyphs so people can't complain about having a useless spell.

It's a flavor ability, not exactly in the game for actual healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably there to use like it was used before. To pull stuff out of stealth, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Holy Nova hasn't really been a useful spell at any point in the game, save for perhaps a few.

I like how the best animation priest has is for an RP spell.... At the least trade Holy Novas animation for a spell we actually use. IMO make it a 1 min CD that does a good amount of AOE healing with a longer range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    I like how the best animation priest has is for an RP spell.... At the least trade Holy Novas animation for a spell we actually use. IMO make it a 1 min CD that does a good amount of AOE healing with a longer range.
    You mean... Like Halo?

<__<.
    >__>.

I guess your right, that would be another Halo. Which makes me think where Holy would be this tier without Halo, Devine star and cascade. I guess keep it as is just buff the hell out of it. Everyone keeps talking how they want to see Holy DPS, well make it as good as mind seer in dps and at least as good has Prayer of healing in healing considering it has a 10 yard range.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was called "Holy Nova of Critter Bane" for a reason.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    They should probably make it usefull for something.

Maybe buff the damage a little so it's at least better than Mindsear for disc/holy aoe dps :P
    Edit: Nightstorm beat me to it...

Deleted
    Sadly, holy nova is only useful in Hearthstone now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play a Holy Paladin in RBG's and try to help spin the flag, you'll miss Holy Nova.
    That being said, it really should be buffed lol. If it really does heal for like 3-4k, that's pitiful.

It use to be the design goal to make holy nova good and the go to aoe heal for disc. But like all interesting things it got scraped and they removed it and then brought it back as a glpyh (like anyone would waste a glyph spot for it..) and they also removed its ability to hit stealth targets I believe.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It use to be the design goal to make holy nova good and the go to aoe heal for disc. But like all interesting things it got scraped and they removed it and then brought it back as a glpyh (like anyone would waste a glyph spot for it..) and they also removed its ability to hit stealth targets I believe.
    Blizzard and their disc hard on. Thats what disc needs, another CD. Someone needs to fire the priest rep and get one that is not bias.

Blizzard and their disc hard on. Thats what disc needs, another CD. Someone needs to fire the priest rep and get one that is not bias.
    Bwuh? Bwah? But... It didn't happen? Disc was supposed to use Holy Nova instead of Prayer of Healing for AOE healing. Simple as that. Not another CD, just a different button for the 2 specs. And the change didn't go through. And. Wat. Brain hurts .

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Bwuh? Bwah? But... It didn't happen? Disc was supposed to use Holy Nova instead of Prayer of Healing for AOE healing. Simple as that. Not another CD, just a different button for the 2 specs. And the change didn't go through. And. Wat. Brain hurts .
    That would have sucked unless the range was increased but it would have been nice to see holy nova used for something

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    It's probably there to use like it was used before. To pull stuff out of stealth, lol.
    ^^

It's actually pretty handy in low-level pvp as that, and for it being a spammable, non-interruptable (albeit not too strong) heal.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Holy Nova hasn't really been a useful spell at any point in the game, save for perhaps a few.
    Yeah, the rats trap in Strat and pissing off rogues for me

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unbuffed: 574 Item Level

Prayer of healing: 30 yard range 2.25 second cast, heals for 62k to 5 targets 350k every 2 seconds

Holy Nova: 10 yard range, instant heals for 3-4k to 5 targets that is 40k at best every 2 seconds, not counting CDG

350k with 30 yard range VS 40k with 10 yard range. How has this been like this so long?????
    0.5s reduced GCD on Holy Nova. Still not awesome, but just for completeness in your scathing analysis. No need to over exaggerate it more than necessary. It's similar to an unbuffed Sanctuary, not that that means anything. It's still a ridiculous waste.