Poll: How much

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i found £60 hanging out of a cash machine once outside a bank. i was about 15 so that was loads of money to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i found £60 hanging out of a cash machine once outside a bank. i was about 15 so that was loads of money to me.
    Yep same when I found £80. Bought a Nokia 3310

Last year before christmas I found like $120 on the ground outside the super marked. The bills were very straight and looked new so my first thought was of some nice grandmother who'd taken it out for christmas presents and lost it. My grandmother always gave us money for christmas and they were always straight and new, like they came straight from the bank.
    There were a lot of people around and I can't believe no one else saw the money as people kept walking past as I went to pick them up. I quickly asked the people around me if they had lost it but nope, all of them were honest.
    So I went back inside the supermarket and gave it to an older lady working there and explained the situation. She said she would hold on to them incase the owners showed up. I have no idea if she took them herself or not, but I didn't keep them at least

Deleted
    Well, I once found a 5 lei bill. That's little over one euro, or about a dollar and a half

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if finding money means I was delivering pizza, guy cancelled his order by card and paid by cash but the manager never changed it (big order, was around $300 something) and I was given all that cash only to find that since the manager fucked up I had a shit load more in tips than I should have... Then yes, I've found $300 before and kept it. Went home with quite a bit of money that night.
    Hey everyone

I found a $100 bill on the floor of a Gamestop once.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I remember when I was a kid, about the age of 13 I was walking to school and found £10 lying on the floor. That was quite a bit of money back then (about 20 years) and especially a lot to me. I spent the whole day at school anticipating spending it. Then when I got home I rushed out to my local model shop and bought about 3 kits I had been eyeing up. I was so chuffed that day, probably one of my happiest memories. I've been given bonuses and things in excess of a grand and still cant beat that day.

50 euro's on a drum 'n bass party in Amsterdam, my night got better and better.

I think 10 or 20 years ago this was a lot more common. Nowadays most people use credit cards in my experience. I get 6 or 800 per year in credit card rewards and pay 0 in interest.

Off topic, but I think I've found maybe 10 or 20 before, nothing substantial. Always kept it (it hasn't happened in probably 10 years) and scored big on candy or something lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most cash I've found lying on the ground was a £5 note in the middle of an empty field.

Other than finding my own money I don't think I've ever found any money just randomly somewhere. I've seen coins here and there but never really picked up any.

I did find a couple hundred dollars I had stashed in an old book when I was a kid.

i've found the odd tenner and fiver, but the most i ever found was £15 back in the days when £15 was a lot of money - it was like 1987/88, £15 would buy you the same as about £120 today - we got our first family computer with that money (partly, my dad paid the rest) and thus my tech addiction was born
    <insert witty signature here>

15+ Year Old Account
    Found 200NOK (24,63euro) after i went to see a movie
    I was like "Well, this movie paid for itself "
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I found an envelope in a strip mall parking lot with $300 in it. I went to the stores near by and asked if anyone had come in stating the lost something recently. They all said no so I kept the money.

I also pound a purse once with all sorts of credit cards, cash and a signed blank check. I found the owner who said she put the purse on top of her car and forgot to grab it before she started driving. I took it back to her and she was super excited I turned it in.
    Last edited by Seirith; 2013-10-28 at 02:44 PM.

I used to work @ GS many years ago and I found all sorts of odd things in games traded in. I had someone trade in 300 for the psp once and since they got credit for it we didnt get an ID. When I went to take the game out, the instruction book looked a little hefty so I opened it and found $250 in it. Set it aside for 2 weeks for someone to come back to claim it, but no one did. So, in the end I got 250 from 300.

$30 or $40 USD when I was younger. I felt like I was rich at the time.

More recently I found two $10 bills folded up outside of the place I work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever found higher than a dollar if even that.

Deleted
    At the age of 10, i found a 100 euro note on the street. It felt like i found a treasure, so i ran home to show it to my mom and she held it and put it on my account the next day. Since then, so now and then i find 5's of 10's, but nothing mayor, mostly money flown out of people their pockets at bus stops, at least i geuss that happend

Deleted
    500SEK lodged between two seats on a bus. I've actually found a total of at least 1000SEK that way as a kid, but 500SEK was the most at one time.

500SEK ~ $80 ~ £50

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    At the age of 10, i found a 100 euro note on the street. It felt like i found a treasure, so i ran home to show it to my mom and she held it and put it on my account the next day. Since then, so now and then i find 5's of 10's, but nothing mayor, mostly money flown out of people their pockets at bus stops, at least i geuss that happend
    What a bitch move! Imagine how much candy you could've gotten for those €100 back then. Money was worth so much more as a kid.

When I found more than €10 as a kid, I kept my mouth shut and made sure my friend and I got some nice candy for our LAN parties that were happening every weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about 10 or 11 in the local Toys R Us with the family. Us kids were spending our hard earned allowance money on whatever shiny new toys we had in mind. I was walking down an aisle and I saw a wallet sitting there. Opened it up and it had $328 in cash in it. I was ecstatic thinking I was about to buy one of everything in the store and make out like a bandit.

Took it to my stepmom who held onto it and I never saw it again. Damn my naive child self for not going on a toy shopping spree immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.