Deleted

Iron Juggernaut (Heroic) - CD

Guild has just started progression on IJ Heroic.

Just mildly curious as to wether Zen Med affects the Shock Pulse damage? Apparently it works single-target but i'm just curious if we can use it as a raid cooldown?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what spec you're talking about, but for WW I use ToK > Diffuse Magic > Zen Med for the 3 shocks. I suppose you could use Dampen Harm for them assuming you took no more damage between them.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Zen Med only redirects single target spells, and at the moment they hit a raid member. Eg if someone cast a frostbolt at your tank you could redirect it to you. The application of DoTs and direct CC often works too, eg Parasites debuff on HC Durumu, and a hunter's Freezing Trap. It's very similar to grounding totem, and works on just as few raid mechanics as that. :P
    Of course, the personal 90% reduction is very often useful anyways, so yeah, use it on a shock but not as a raid CD.
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

If you provide us with your raid composition and other possibly available players it would help us, help you, significantly more.

Deleted
    Prot Paladin
    BrM Monk
    --
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    --
    WW Monk
    Frost DK
    --
    Fire Mage
    S Priest
    Hunter

Thats our raid setup. Just trying to figure something comfy out!

Spirit Link and DH first shock
    Avert Harm and Devo Aura second
    Healing Tide and Bubble Third.

Make sure the Hunter Det's the first 2 shocks. Monk should Zen med one so he doesn't take as much damage. I'm used to 25 so I don't have a clue what ten man damage looks like, but those should be okay. Also, you need to use those CD's right as they come up during second siege phase.
    Shadow priest should heal during the 2nd phase as well. DPS check is non-existent, it's about living through Siege. Monks can even drop healing spheres and stuff.

Also, you're DK can AMZ a shock if you want. Getting people into link/bubble/AMZ is a pain, but it really helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno344 View Post
    Prot Paladin
    BrM Monk
    --
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    --
    WW Monk
    Frost DK
    --
    Fire Mage
    S Priest
    Hunter

Thats our raid setup. Just trying to figure something comfy out!
    If you're using the p2-out-range tactic:

1st Pulse:
    SPriest VE pre-pulse to top everyone since IJ is still in range
    PW:Barrier from your Disc
    Personals

2nd Pulse:
    Divine Hymn + Aura Mastery pre-pulse
    Healing Tide after the pulse

3rd Pulse:
    Spirit-Link Totem & Ascendance pre-pulse to top everyone
    Avert Harm
    Anti-Magic Zone

For Personals:
    Hunter can Deterrence
    S-Priest can Disperse / Shield
    Mage can Greater Invis / Ice Block
    DK can AMS / IBF
    Monk can Touch of Karma, Diffuse Magic, Zen Med

Shaman can spec Astral Shift / Stone Bulwark Totem
    Don't know about your priests though, spec into Angelic Bulwark and keep using Binding Heal & Shields pre-shocks & post-shocks imho.

Tanks generally don't need CDs for that phase

Most important thing is to get into the rythm when IJ throws his tar, so you keep your stack points clear of it and someone can call out when the "last tar before the next shock pulse" is out so everone has enough time to stack.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-10-28 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    You can use zen med to reduce the damage of your 20% raid cooldown during knockback.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a WW PoV in 25man Heroic:

I use Dampen Harm as a talent, When P2 Starts I use ToK to stop all residual DMG and gain a little DMG, 1 second before Shock Pulse is finished casting I use Dampen hard (doing this will give you 50% dmg reducion for every Shock Pulse and if someone messes up and kited the laser thru oil you have a CD up for it already!) I also have Transcendene ready so I can port back asap. After shock pulse one is over I use Zen Med where no melee are standing and this will eat 5 charges of something, I see the stacks go down, I assume the laser ticks on people are being consumed, after Zen Med I use Fort Brew, and now you have enough CD's to easily keep you up (make sure to use TeB + Expel Harm and your Lock Rocks!

If you are an enginer you can use your cloak just as Shock Pulse goes off to be rite back on the boss.