Poll: How you progress SoO HC

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do YOU progress SoO HC?

Well

To clarify the question. DO you progress it in Linear order of bosses or you skip?
    From beginning of current HC switching model (ICC for those who dont know) there were some really loot pinata difficulty bosses (Lootship) as well as stopwalls in middle of raid (Twilight council, Animus). In SoO the difficulty of HC seems to be perfectly linear with really minor bumps in matter of single % of wowprogress instead of Tenths of percent like Jikun in ToT.

to begin we progress linearly in 25, currently 7/14H

I can see why guilds only raiding like 2-4 days per week skip bosses. U simply dont want to miss out on EZ upgrades if possible for further progression. But as of Heroic Race to world first which I participated in there is no question about it. U kill em all in order.

And for u who are currently 7/14, u already killed the bosses that ppl seem to be skipping for Nazgrim etc. Malkorok and further is linear.

Why would you go in order? The only guilds that would have a reason to is if they are fighting for World First.

You are telling me that you would sit on a boss wiping for weeks and weeks when you could kill half the raid that is easier?

Deleted
    Currently 12/14 heroic, we did everything linear except shamans and nazgrim turned around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Why would you go in order? The only guilds that would have a reason to is if they are fighting for World First.

You are telling me that you would sit on a boss wiping for weeks and weeks when you could kill half the raid that is easier?
    Except the only boss you would do that for in this tier is perhaps Nazgrim, and maybe very maybe Norushen (protectors are slightly harder).

The rest you would do in order anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

If you look at sucess rate on wowprogress (as I mentioned, you can see only very minor difference)
    The supposed "Hard" bosses took us almost no time difference than any other in SoO, about 3 hour Sha and 2 and half hour for shamans. Not really something worth mentioning, we wiped more on the protectors (almost 6 hours). I can agree that Galacras (2hours) and Juggernaut (1 hour) were easyer, but not much.

In ToT we had skipped bosses simply because the difficulty was all over the place

10+ Year Old Account
    Linear and currently we're 11/14 Heroic.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

SoO is made to be linearly difficult. The only change to progression I would suggest is nazgrim before dark shaman, as someone pointed out already. Everything else is fairly linear.. although that could also depend more on your raid comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Currently 12/14 heroic, we did everything linear except shamans and nazgrim turned around.
    sounds like skipping to me ^^
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Why go in order? Because there doesn't seem to be any consent on which bosses are harder than others, for the first 8 at least. There can't be, because this early the only people who could say "this boss is hard and this one is easier" is people outgearing the bosses by 10 item levels and just rolling them over. And except for a few, those progression raiders are delusional to the fact that there's people with less skill and less gear trying to down heroic bosses too.

It took us 24 pulls for Immerseus, 20 for Protectors, 4 for Norushen, 4 for Sha (which many people said stands out in difficulty among the first 8 bosses) and 12 on Galakras. From our perspective I'd rank Immerseus and Protectors a lot harder than Norushen and Sha, which is in direct contrast to what seemingly everyone says. We'll probably do Shamans as our 8th kill, because it still gives us headaches on normal mode.

We did everything in order and it was fine. From a 25man perspective I don't really see a reason to skip ahead anywhere - maybe go past shamans for nazgrim? Shamans isn't bad at all though.

Actually, some guilds may find skipping spoils for Thok easier if they have good healing and dps. Thok was kind of a joke compared to malkorok and spoils IMO.

Deleted
    Easiest in 10man:
    Immerseus - Protectors - Norushen (now after the nerf) - Galakras - Juggernaut - Nazgrim - Sha - Dark Shamans - Spoils - Malkorok - Thok - Paragons - Siegecrafter - Garrosh

I have to admit that still basically every guild kills Siegecrafter first but Paragons is a little bit easier. Imo Spoils is easier than Malkorok with the right tactic, but depends on the strengths of each guild. Also usually you would not skip Sha because the boss is easy too but in theory it is harder than Nazgrim. The "breakpoint" is Dark Shamans which is the first harder fight.

We simply progressed linear through the whole instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    We did everything in order and it was fine. From a 25man perspective I don't really see a reason to skip ahead anywhere - maybe go past shamans for nazgrim? Shamans isn't bad at all though.
    in 25 with 3tank and split raid shamans are not really difficult.

Deleted
    I did it all linear except for nazgrim which died 5th (should've been 7th)

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Except the only boss you would do that for in this tier is perhaps Nazgrim, and maybe very maybe Norushen (protectors are slightly harder).

The rest you would do in order anyway.
    I'm not saying you have to this tier because its pretty linear in difficulty but I wouldnt do it in order just for the sake of killing them in order.

Did it all linear and don't see any reason not to really, the bosses have gotten progressively harder pretty smoothly and I'd find it hard to pick a later boss that is easyier to kill than the first 5-7.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    That's how most 10 mans do it to. Our ret goes offtank.

Very easy fight tbh but I'm not complaining, trinket heaven!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Very simple fight with 3 tanks and split raid in 10man too. Just requires gear and skill to be able to beat enrage and to not to die to stupid shit.

Deleted
    linear we are at 9/14, even tho sha of pride took us more time than all other bosses so far bar malkorok. If i would have to do it again id skip sha for the next 4, way easier mechanically.

Linear in 10 men... we don't really like skipping bosses, feels like we'r acknowledging our lack of skill :P