Reaper of Souls First Look: Historical Westmarch
Patch 5.4.1 Live This Week
Patch 5.4.1 goes live this week, bringing updates to the Recruit a Friend system, the Blizzcon pet, and tooltip updates to reflect the Patch 5.4 hotfixes. The previously mentioned merging of all previous patches into one file has been reverted, so it should be a very small download.
Murkalot's Flail is the Blizzcon Reward pet added in Patch 5.4.1, and grants the Murkalot achievement. If you aren't going to Blizzcon, you can still get him by purchasing the Virtual Ticket.
Recruit a Friend In-Game UI
The Recruit a Friend system has been moved in game, making it even easier to use.
The Emerald Hippogryph is the new Recruit a Friend reward and grants the Friends In Places Even Higher Than That achievement.
Recruit a Friend Pet Rewards
Some pets that were previously only used for promotions in Asia are now Recruit a Friend rewards.
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionArena
Player vs. Player
- Are You Not Entertained? no longer rewards 10 points
Feats of Strength
- Friends In Places Even Higher Than That (New) Obtain an Emerald Hippogryph mount through the Recruit-a-Friend program. Account Wide.
- Murkalot (New) Proud owner of Murkalot from the 2013 BlizzCon. Account Wide.
Player vs. Player
- Fire-Watcher has been updated to reflect the hotfix down to 2,000 coins, down from 10,000.
- You're Doing it Wrong now rewards 10 points.
Mounts and Pets
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionMounts
- Emerald Hippogryph (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Emerald Hippogryph. The capabilities of this mount depend on your Riding skill and location. Account wide. 1.5 sec cast.
- Bernard (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss Bernard. Battle Pet. Instant.
- Murkalot (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss Murkalot. Battle Pet. Instant.
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
- BLIZZARD_STORE_ERROR_PARENTAL_CONTROLS - Feature has been disabled by Parental Controls.
- CHOOSE_ONE_REWARD - Choose 1 Reward
- CLAIM_REWARD - Claim Reward
- ERR_RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_ACCOUNT_LIMIT - You have submitted the maximum number of recruits for this time period. Please try again later.
- ERR_RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_FAILED - Failed to send Recruit A Friend request. Please try again later.
- PREVIEW - Preview
- PRODUCT_CHOICE_NO_TAKE_BACKSIES - Are you sure? You can't change your selection after this step.
- PRODUCT_CHOICE_SUBTEXT - (%s)
- PRODUCT_CLAIMING_FAILED - Error claiming product. Please try again.
- QUEUED_STATUS_LOCKED - |cffff2020Locked|r
- QUEUED_STATUS_LOCKED_EXPLANATION - You are locked to this rated battleground until it finishes.
- RAF_BENEFIT1 - Level Faster
- RAF_BENEFIT2 - Grantable Levels
- RAF_BENEFIT3 - Summon your friend
- RAF_BENEFIT4 - 30 days of free game time
- RAF_BENEFIT5 - In-Game Mount
- RAF_BENEFITS - Benefits
- RAF_BUTTON_DISABLED_FACTION - You cannot use Recruit A Friend while playing a neutral character.
- RAF_BUTTON_REWARD_TOOLTIP_DESCRIPTION - You have earned a reward from Recruit A Friend! Click here to claim it!
- RAF_BUTTON_REWARD_TOOLTIP_TITLE - Recruit A Friend Reward
- RAF_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_DESCRIPTION - You can recruit a friend and earn fantastic rewards!
- RAF_BUTTON_TOOLTIP_TITLE - Recruit A Friend
- RAF_DESCRIPTION - Earn game time, in-game rewards,\nand more by recruiting your friends
- RAF_ENTER_EMAIL - Enter your friend's email address
- RAF_ENTER_NOTE - Write a note to your friend
- RAF_ENTER_NOTE_PROMPT - Enter a note...
- RAF_FAQ - Recruit a Friend FAQ
- RAF_INVITATION_SENT - Your invitation has been sent!\n\nYour friend will receive an email with instructions on creating a new account and downloading the game. You will be notified in-game when they have created a new character and you can begin your adventure together.
- RAF_INVITEE_FRIEND_ADDED_EXPLANATION - You are now friends with the person who invited you to play World of Warcraft.\n\n|cffffd200Right-click|r their name to whisper them when they are online.\n\nYou can now join up and enjoy Azeroth together!
- RAF_INVITEE_FRIEND_ADDED_NOTICE - Open your friends list to find your friend that invited you to play World of Warcraft
- RAF_INVITER_FRIEND_ADDED - Your recruited friend is now your Battletag Friend: |cff88C5ff[%s]|r
- RAF_MORE_DETAILS - [Click here for more details on how it works.]
- RAF_PRODUCT_CHOICE_CLAIM - Click to choose your reward
- RAF_PRODUCT_CHOICE_EARNED - You have earned a Recruit A Friend Reward
- RAF_REALM_INFO - Your friend will be directed to join:\n|cffffd200%1$s|r on |W|cffffd200%2$s|r|w
- RAF_SEND_INVITATION - Send Invitation
- RECRUIT_A_FRIEND - Recruit A Friend
- RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_FACTION_SUGGESTION_ALLIANCE - Your friend plays for the Alliance faction. Pick one of these races if you want to play together.\n\nHuman, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, Draenei, Worgen, or Pandaren
- RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_FACTION_SUGGESTION_HORDE - Your friend plays for the Horde faction. Pick one of these races if you want to play together.\n\nOrc, Undead, Tauren, Troll, Blood Elf, Goblin, or Pandaren.
- RECRUIT_A_FRIEND_REWARDS - Recruit A Friend Rewards
Originally Posted by MMO-ChampionAutomated In-game Mail
- Automated In-game Mail #399 - Emerald Hippogryph: Some feel that the Emerald Hippogryph is the most majestic of these noble creatures.
Even if one does not agree, they are certainly a striking sight nonetheless!
--Mei Francis - Exotic Mounts
Recruit-A-Friend Updates Coming Soon
Connected Realms Update
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
There has finally been some news recently, so here is your chance to catch up!
- October 17
- October 18
- Paragon posted their video of the solo healed Heroic Garrosh 10 encounter.
- October 20
- We looked at the overall raid completion rate of players.
- October 22
- Holinka shared some information about how the new region wide arena pools and new mounts are working out
- October 24
- Reaper of Souls will be bringing back the Mystic that was removed from beta, adding Transmogrification and Enchanting (similar to Reforging in WoW).
- October 25
- The contents of the Blizzcon goody bag were released.
- October 27
- We looked at a partially complete implementation of character level scaling that was added in Patch 5.4.