View Poll Results: How much should the President be aware of what happens in the Government/Country

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • 0-9%

8 10.81%
  • 10-19%

1 1.35%
  • 20-29%

3 4.05%
  • 30-39%

2 2.70%
  • 40-49%

2 2.70%
  • 50-59%

3 4.05%
  • 60-69%

4 5.41%
  • 70-79%

8 10.81%
  • 80-89%

7 9.46%
  • 90-100%

36 48.65%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Seeing as how he doesn't know even know the "important and is necessary" news before the American People have to figure it out and point it out to him, I have doubts he has no clue to what is going on around him except Obama-care which is getting a ton of Flak, even from Democrats surprisingly, because they are ones who supported it.

@Tailswipe, Kurioxan, Rukentuts, mooggogaipan, time0ut, Reg - Can you try not to de-rail because you have nothing Thread relevant to speak of?

Calling ACA Obamacare is a intentionally inflammatory thing.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    remember Obama himself said he liked it.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I doubt I was the first or even the last to call the ACA, Obamacare; So I fail to see how it's "intentionally inflammatory" when Obama himself has said himself "ACA or Obamacare" in a couple of videos.

Everyone associates Obamcare with ACA, so I don't understand exactly what your implying.

@Kurioxan - I'll remember that, I guess I am having a bad day. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    remember Obama himself said he liked it.
    And? It doesn't change the fact that the original intent of calling it Obamacare wasn't exactly noble.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

He knows. It just is his best option to pretend like he didn't know. It's this weeks talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I can try, but no guarantees. It's just hard to take all these hate threads seriously. Very naive to think one man is omnipotent and omniscient.
    I don't see how this is a "hate thread" just because someone doesn't agree with the US President, does not validate everything he/she says to be "hate".

I even took a MSNBC news report, which please by all means correct me if I'm wrong. Is publicly and privately known to be leaning more towards the left, does it not? So your assumption of "hate threads" extends much farther than just me; I'm assuming that I'm the one you're directing your energy to.

I certainly don't agree with the man, and I'm having quite a large amounts of doubt in his ability to operate.

I certainty didn't mean to imply that any man is "omnipotent and omniscient", I have changed my first post to reflect on what the Poll is about. I would like to change the Poll Description, but I don't have the permissions to do so. I don't think I would even have the number of characters at my disposal to make the poll and crystal clear as it should be for you and any others who might be confused by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't find your thread title and word choices to be condescending? It's a poorly veiled hate thread. That's why I don't take you or your poll seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    So you don't find your thread title and word choices to be condescending? It's a poorly veiled hate thread. That's why I don't take you or your poll seriously.
    Well give me your opinion on how I should of worded the title, because it's the only thing I can change right now. I can even change it if it's agreeable between the two of us and any other people's opinions of it.

Elaborate "word choices to be condescending" which "words" exactly, because my English is a little rusty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well give me your opinion on how I should of worded the title, because it's the only thing I can change right now. I can even change it if it's agreeable between the two of us and any other people's opinions of it.

Elaborate "word choices to be condescending" which "words" exactly, because my English is a little rusty.
    You're making it seem it's so bad Obama finds out about stuff after the American people do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The question that comes to my mind is that this is the President of the United States. He is supposedly the most powerful man in America and should be on top of things.

So what do you think, realistically, the President of the United States, should be aware at all times of how much goes on in his own Country?

>Edit<
    As stated by a fellow MMO-member, use some common sense for the poll.

Not everyone is going to know that Micky, a faithful dog died of old age in the house of his owner.

Not everyone will know that a incompetent Doctor is unintentionally killing people in a Hospital somewhere in California.

Not everyone will know a low-level tech NSA personal is using information to blackmail people.

So, use your common sense to how much you think Obama should "realistically" be aware of what is going on in his Government/Country at any given time. (Please use more of your common sense that I don't mean a second to minute basis here, something more reasonable to a couple of days to a week at the longest)
    The poll is a joke. You made a poll going from 0% to 100%. If the president knew 0%, he would not be president, he'd have to be living under a rock for a while. This could have been good but the poll has ruined this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegan View Post
    He knows, people just let him and every other politician get away with it.
    obama is just a lair, just look at his history of lies

Born in Hawaii
    American Citizen
    Fast and furious
    IRS scandal
    Benghazi
    Obamacare

and many, many more

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    The poll is a joke. You made a poll going from 0% to 100%. If the president knew 0%, he would not be president, he'd have to be living under a rock for a while. This could have been good but the poll has ruined this post.
    Then people would complain that I didn't list a 0%, or a 10%, and would say that I'm biased because... (For Example) I listed the poll minimum at 50%. People would say that it would be unrealistic for Obama to understand 50% of the High-Level/Critical things going on the country or something along those lines.

So I'm damned if I do and damned if I dont. So to be fair, I listed the smallest percentage and the highest percentage. Is this not fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're making it seem it's so bad Obama finds out about stuff after the American people do.
    So it's unrealistic that the President of the United States should have 0 clues to what Fast & Furious is, or whats happening before the events of Benghazi because of our NSA / Intelligence bureaus + friendly countries?

Deleted
    I voted 10-19% because I think the US president needs to know all the major things but he doesn't need to know what you had for breakfast. And seeing as how the vast majority of information is useless, he doesn't need to know it. Heck, 10-19% may even be too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    the part where you imply the messiah isn't infallible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I voted 10-19% because I think the US president needs to know all the major things but he doesn't need to know what you had for breakfast. And seeing as how the vast majority of information is useless, he doesn't need to know it. Heck, 10-19% may even be too much.
    Why does Obama seem to only find about scandals after the American people do?
    the poll has nothing to do with what you had for breakfast.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2013-10-30 at 12:08 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he should know about the big things. Let's say a school shooting happens, he should know that since they're bad. Say something like 9/11 happens or any terrorist activity going on that's big enough to be dangerous. Know that, any bigtime things or anything that is critical to the security of the nation. Also know anything that's big happening outside of the US say like something big happening in the UK like any terrorist attack or anything very violent. Not small things but big things. Same goes for the Middle East but not actually "Hey go do this man." We all know where that leads.

As for the NSA, well...I'd like to think he SHOULD know about this and probably should condemn the invasion of privacy. Anything else.... I can't think of atm.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll is hilarious. I lack a command of the English language strong enough to explain how much it fails. I did like the clarifications. It's like, "use your common sense and pick a number, any number, between 1-100."

Obama is not a good President, imo. But, the OP is purposefully attempting to make Obama's opposition look like idiots. Or the OP's an idiot. Someone should take a poll on that.

Because the Republicans don't have good policy, so all they can do is try to throw as much shit as they can at the president instead of, you know, doing their F*king jobs.

This was no different with Clinton either... only diff here is Clinton got caught cheating on his wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    -snip-
    Conversely, during the last administration:

1. If it was a good thing, it was despite the leadership of George W. Bush.
    2. If it was a bad thing, it was Bush's fault, regardless of whether Democrats were involved. It was Bush's fault. Everything. Was. Bush's. Fault.

And nothing is Obama's fault. He just...didn't know...how bad Bush left him.
    Dafuq!?

Were you even concious during the last administration!?!

Jeebus H christ... they blamed 9/11 on CLINTON for F's Sake!!! Even Rudi Guliani blamed it on Clinton and, to this day, says there were no terrorist attacks on American soil during the Bush Jr administration.

This has been the party that, systematically since Regan, has tanked the economy and bloated the deficit under their watch. ((Dont' say Obama is doing the same... because even if McCain won - the repubs would've STILL gone through with the bank bailout, and they would've probably had MORE debt at this point than Obama has done)). And EVERY time they had debt... the Republicans said it was carry-over from the Dem's administration. When Clinton had a surplus... people claimed it was carry-over from Bush/Regan era... /facepalm

Also, please name me ONE good thing the Bush Jr administration did that people said it was the Dems that did it.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-10-30 at 12:21 AM.

why is there so much continual hatred and venomous attacks against a president? back in the bush days you were supposed to respect the office, and stand with your leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fairness, I never blamed Bush for 9/11. I don't know how one can blame him for it. Now could we blame him and his administration for pissing off Middle East people? Sure but no I will not blame him for 9/11. Blame the triggerman not the guy who is an icon for our nation and can affect the world we live in.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why is there so much continual hatred and venomous attacks against a president? back in the bush days you were supposed to respect the office, and stand with your leader.
    Back in the days when people hadn't a clue about what their presidents ordered you mean? Of course people respect the president less these days. Especially in the last few weeks, and especially abroad.