Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WW III, What would happen to NA?

When I ask this question I am mostly talking about USA and Canada. Russia and China decides to go to war against the US (hypothetical of course), what would NA do in return? Would the US annex Canada for self defense or would Canada just let them put forces on Canadian soil? I am more curious than anything I don't want a flame war of "Canada can defend themselves without the US help" or bashing thanks!

Deleted
    I think canda would cooperate with the US and let them put forces on canadian soil yes. what they would do? uhm depends on wether the chinese and russians invade north america or if the front is somewhere else, but tbh I doubt any nation would be dumb enough to ever start world war 3, I mean everybody knows what's gonna happen, if any nation were losing the war they'd resort to nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    When I ask this question I am mostly talking about USA and Canada. Russia and China decides to go to war against the US (hypothetical of course), what would NA do in return? Would the US annex Canada for self defense or would Canada just let them put forces on Canadian soil? I am more curious than anything I don't want a flame war of "Canada can defend themselves without the US help" or bashing thanks!
    Most of the world's countries would join a side.

Canada would probably side with the US.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraddark View Post
    Most of the world's countries would join a side.

Canada would probably side with the US.
    europe would side with the US as well

What's with all these war questions lately? It's like people have some sick hard on fetish for war.

Seriously cut it out already.

On the bad topic: Canada and the US are to like minded to be opposed assuming current political structure is maintained.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    problem is, whoever goes into the war and whenever he gonna join, he will probably get nuked. i dont know anything about military, but i dont think there exists any anti-nuke defense.
    to answer your question(although russia and china would never go against US, the opposite it will probably happen), US would defend itself. if they would get big hits, if they are about to be crushed then they would deploy nukes and then russia and china would deploy nukes if they already haven't. meh WW III will suck cuz its lame combat, but WW IV will be "better" cuz we gonna go back to swords and pikes due to previous massive destruction

I really doubt we'd pull a Fallout and just acquire Canada.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    problem is, whoever goes into the war and whenever he gonna join, he will probably get nuked. i dont know anything about military, but i dont think there exists any anti-nuke defense.
    to answer your question(although russia and china would never go against US, the opposite it will probably happen), US would defend itself. if they would get big hits, if they are about to be crushed then they would deploy nukes and then russia and china would deploy nukes if they already haven't. meh WW III will suck cuz its lame combat, but WW IV will be "better" cuz we gonna go back to swords and pikes due to previous massive destruction
    didnt the US install some kind of anti rocket shield?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    didnt the US install some kind of anti rocket shield?
    No amount of anti missile/ICBM defense could stop an all out launch. As for what Canada would do we would side with the US.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Deleted
    russian and china have more then 10000 nukes? beside it is little known, the shield cannot destroy 100% of the missiles fired, i think the percentage is low, around 30ish

besides the shield is in europe so they can fire the other way(i dont know if there are any shields at NA soil)

anyway you cant avoid all nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Eonwenian View Post
    russian and china have more then 10000 nukes? beside it is little known, the shield cannot destroy 100% of the missiles fired, i think the percentage is low, around 30ish

besides the shield is in europe so they can fire the other way(i dont know if there are any shields at NA soil)

anyway you cant avoid all nukes
    US has 5113 nukes
    Russia has 8500
    China has ~250

Not sure why people always bring up nukes, I'm sure most countries wouldn't want to use them

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    The bigger question is why you assume a war between the US and its allies and China/Russia would have even the smallest chance of playing out on US soil. It's not like China can mobilize... at all. Russia could theoretically mobilize to the US, but there's no chance in hell they'd get anything close to land. US defensive/offensive superiority in water and air is 10 to 1 over Russia or China.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Assuming they had to choose a side, pretty much every first-world country that isn't Russia or China would side with the U.S...Canada, Europe, Japan, Australia, Israel, etc. And while we aren't exactly friendly, Russia and China aren't really enemies with the US, either...China would be pretty fucked without us (and vice versa), and for all the political faults these three countries have, we're fortunate that none of their leaders are anywhere close to as crazy as North Korea. I'd like to think that all the superpowers aren't dumb enough to wage war on one another.

But if it did come to such a thing, Canada would not stand by idly...they are often overlooked in history, but they contributed to the last World War and would do so again. And if it was a non-nuclear war, Russia and China would get their asses handed to them and I'd imagine rather swiftly. Versus the USA, China in particular might have the numbers but they severely lack the infrastructure, mobility and experience that the USA has...plus the USA simply has the most advanced technology. Between the two I actually believe Russia would be the bigger threat, and they've really got nothing the US doesn't a) have more of and/or b)don't do better.

Why would Canada side with the US in this instance? A hypothetical alliance between Russian and China (which frankly is extremely unrealistic, bordering on impossible), would have no reason for aggression against Canada.

Hypothetically for this to actually happen, the world would have to be a completely different place, culturally some countries would have to change quite dramatically for this to actually happen, so it would be impossible to predict what would happen in this world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Assuming they had to choose a side, pretty much every first-world country that isn't Russia or China would side with the U.S...
    Why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by DaedricTV View Post
    Why would Canada side with the US in this instance? A hypothetical alliance between Russian and China (which frankly is extremely unrealistic, bordering on impossible), would have no reason for aggression against Canada.

Hypothetically for this to actually happen, the world would have to be a completely different place, culturally some countries would have to change quite dramatically for this to actually happen, so it would be impossible to predict what would happen in this world.

- - - Updated - - -

Why exactly?
    Because with the exception of Israel, the US is their military force. Without them, they would have no means to defend themselves. ESPECIALLY Canada. Oh, and I guess there's that whole other thing about the US holding up the world's economy too.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by DaedricTV View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why exactly?
    What do you mean, why? If you're past the sixth grade, you should know at least a little bit about the world no matter which country you are from. And Russia and China are allies, for the record, so I wouldn't say that borders on unrealistic or impossible.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-10-30 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    What do you mean, why? If you're past the sixth grade, you should know at least a little bit about the world no matter which country you are from.
    Terrible post, explain your reasoning or don't reply, kind of a very simple argument when discussion something on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    US has 5113 nukes
    Russia has 8500
    China has ~250

Not sure why people always bring up nukes, I'm sure most countries wouldn't want to use them
    yea, you are not really going to tell exactly your potential enemys what you have in storage. like china saying it spends only 110 miliards on military budget while it is estimated the budget is 3 times bigger

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Because with the exception of Israel, the US is their military force. Without them, they would have no means to defend themselves. ESPECIALLY Canada. Oh, and I guess there's that whole other thing about the US holding up the world's economy too.
    This doesn't even make sense. Firstly for this hypothetical war to happen, the other side would have to be on an equal level military and politically, otherwise it wouldn't happen.

Meaning that argument is kind of pointless.

Secondly, unless Russia and China specially were out for world domination, something which extremely unlikely, than there wouldn't be much of a reason for the vast majority of the world to actually participate in this war, only countries which have huge levels of investment in the other side (such as the UK).

Ultimately in the world we live in, a world war is pretty much impossible and any kind of war which broke out certainly wouldn't be on the same level as WW2, where it was 'destroy the other side to win', it would more be small skirmishes until both sides ended it in a way to save face.