Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like its a cardboard built one from a magazine.

Deleted
    new ships are getting uglier and uglier! but they still look cool for how futuristic they look.

That's one of the ugliest boats I've ever seen.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That's one of the ugliest boats I've ever seen.
    lol, this. I know the looks have a reason, but boy. Aren't you one ugly mother?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    new ships are getting uglier and uglier! but they still look cool for how futuristic they look.
    Pretty sure the final version will get a shark face or maybe a grumpy cat face painted on it.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-10-30 at 11:23 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    The USS Zumwalt... been following it's development for years... and it's almost done! It started floating yesterday.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/zumwa...y-2013-10?op=1
    DDG?
    The Duck Duck Goose 1000.

And it runs on Linux? We can run military naval vessles on Linux but we don't get any good support for it as a PC OS for gaming? Says it all about Microsoft monopoly. Speaks volumes in favor of Linux when it comes to safety and reliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Function over form. You can look pretty, but you'll die pretty.

Deleted
    This is the last thing the US needs... How sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really wrapped my head around just how mind-fuckingly powerful the rail gun is until somebody told me to "imagine the power consumption of an entire city loaded into a cannon just to fire a steel rod".

Pretty sure the navy invented it for their inevitable war on Poseidon.

Pretty cool and I'm generally inclined to think the Navy is our most important branch, so even I can't complain.

Meanwhile inn the white house, raising the debt cealing again inn...Shall we say 7 weeks?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Meanwhile inn the white house, raising the debt cealing again inn...Shall we say 7 weeks?
    Are you going to regale us all with your tenuous grasp of how the national debt works now?

10+ Year Old Account
    nice ship..... who the fuck are we going to go into naval combat with?

For all of you asking "WHY" we are building these ships now....China is modernizing...the future conflicts are going to be in the pacific theatre...we need new warships capable of making sure we stay dominant over China in Naval warfare and ships like this will keep us above anything the Chinese can field....our 20+ year warships of today...will be even less effective 10-20 years from now....this new class however is the first step for our future. You NEED a powerful and modern Navy..it is a KEY part of being a world power and keeping us all safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    China is not going to go to war with the U.S any time soon. We have 3 or 4 times as many battle ships as China... we have 12. (13 counting this guy I guess). The amount of training it will take to have crews fully capable of operating ships like this takes time, so China even if they built 10 more would need time to learn how to use them. Also why would China go to war with its biggest customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Are you going to regale us all with your tenuous grasp of how the national debt works now?
    The world has never been more peacefull than it is right now. Just saying, other things are more important, like paying debt. No lecturing here.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

While i admire it's technological advancement, i really got no clue WHY are things like this ship being vigorously funded when it is a monetary crisis world wide.

Society branches like culture, health care, schools (etc) are receiving heavy cuts to their budgets - but the freakin military can always fund its latest greatest technological marvels... fuk big business...

10+ Year Old Account
    But is it able to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Because ships / vehicles / weapons built 25+ years ago are starting to wear out. This is what comes next.

Or do you still drive your 1988 Honda Civic? Same principle applies, except worse, because your Honda Civic isn't exposed to Salt Water for 25 years straight.
    really? in the town i live in there's a ship thats from 1817 and still afloat. It's currently permanently docked as an attraction but i think 25 years is a relatively short time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    really? in the town i live in there's a ship thats from 1817 and still afloat. It's currently permanently docked as an attraction but i think 25 years is a relatively short time.

yeh that ship would not even get into firing range of a modern day destroyer. You pretty much prove his point on old technology

The problem with such advanced ordnance is that it costs A LOT and losing them in battle really hurts. As cinical as it may sound, you can't really afford your soldiers to wear millions of $ worth of gear, because then you'll run out of money really fast and lose the war to a vastly inferior equipped enemy but with many more and cheaper soldiers and vehicles.