Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I don't think either Bioware or EA would dare to let them do another MMO after the disaster that was swtor
    I forgot where, I think an quarterly call, but EA said that from now Bioware will be developing EA's future MMOs.

*And before you write, "I bet that was before swtor went F2P", it was well after. All evidence points to Swtor being a bigger success than it seems (money wise)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-11-01 at 11:36 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    ME Online needs to happen like yesterday.
    i'm glad bioware did star wars the old republic first, i'm sure, they learned mountain of stuff about what works, what doesn't, what players want etc...
    that being said, i don't think next ME will be MMO, but it might might be open world and possibly co-op.

So sad about this, i really was looking forward to Generals 2, dont mind f2p og b2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    So, because they cancelled a game that had money grabbing aspects, they are greedy?

I haven't paid attention to this games development because it looked terrible from the start, regardless of payment model, but let me ask you this, I can buy champions in league of legends. Is it pay to win?
    Sorry, but if you seriously try to defend EA you have missed around... 10 years of gaming-history. EA IS greedy. Their whole concept is based around that and every action they took, often enough making steps you would expect from so called black companies, that fire thousands of people NOT because they are struggling (EA was NEVER struggling) but because they could make the numbers grow a little bit better, is making that obvious. EA is the worst company of them all, and while other companies like Activision got bad habbits just as well, they simply win because they are still not as bad as EA. A company, who openly stated their intent to fire the development-team of the last two Tiberium-C&C-Games (Tiberium Wars + its Addon Kanes Wrath and Tiberium Twilight)... and that right at the start of Tiberium Twilights development because they had no intent of going on with that franchise. And some people still were confused why that game was so shitty...

League of Legends also is not Pay2Win, because they sell Skins and minor EP-Boosts. None of them is changing the actual gameplay. EP-Boosts let your summoner-Account level up faster obviously, which gives you no special benefit since you are always pucked with people around your level, and don't level up during a game anyway and while you can buy champions, you can buy these for the ingame-currency as well you earn by simply playing and while i hate the current season, they changed that for the better as champions get cheaper much quicker and the number of very cheap champions increased, while the price only is connected to the age, not their popularity or viability... EA however already went out, promissing very questionable features to buy, which basically read like "Buy this, win Game."

Don't defend EA. You will never win an argument. Also Generals 2 looking bad is an opinion. To me, it had potential.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2013-11-01 at 01:14 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Sorry, but if you seriously try to defend EA you have missed around... 10 years of gaming-history. EA IS greedy. Their whole concept is based around that and every action they took, often enough making steps you would expect from so called black companies, that fire thousands of people NOT because they are struggling (EA was NEVER struggling) but because they could make the numbers grow a little bit better, is making that obvious. EA is the worst company of them all, and while other companies like Activision got bad habbits just as well, they simply win because they are still not as bad as EA.

League of Legends also is not Pay2Win, because they sell Skins and minor EP-Boosts. None of them is changing the actual gameplay. EP-Boosts let your summoner-Account level up faster obviously, which gives you no special benefit since you are always pucked with people around your level and while you can buy champions, you can buy these for the ingame-currency as well you earn by simply playing and while i hate the current season, they changed that for the better as champions get cheaper much quicker and the number of very cheap champions increased, while the price only is connected to the age, not their popularity or viability... EA however already went out, promissing very questionable features to buy, which basically read like "Buy this, win Game."

Don't defend EA. You will never win an argument.
    Wasn't defending EA. If you go on to read the thread that becomes more obvious.

Merely pointing out that canceling a "money grab" game is a strange reason to call them greedy.
    (Esp when there's so many other, more obvious reasons to call them greedy)
    Also, the ability to purchase general isn't very different from the ability to purchase champions in league. I didn't bother with this game since everything I looked up on it was rubbish, but were you able to earn generals in game like in league where you can earn them via IP?
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-11-01 at 01:20 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    There is always planetary annihilation.
    Even then, there's a huge shortage of good RTS games, especiall for multiplayer. With C&C now also cancelled, I only see a very grim future for the genre, even to the point that its almost dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, it's time to start an anti-EA revolution. EA to gaming is like Hitler to politics.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Even then, there's a huge shortage of good RTS games, especiall for multiplayer. With C&C now also cancelled, I only see a very grim future for the genre, even to the point that its almost dead.
    Starcraft 2 is still there and will only become more popular with LotV, it seems. But, aside from SC2... Yeah, the genre seems to be in a terrible crisis.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope another Supreme Commander game gets made at some point, I loved those games. Empire Earth was a pretty sweet series too.