Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    We stacked cleave classes and tried to keep the bosses in cleave range, that way there was little time between each desperate measures. Our Rogue and Warrior ended the fight at nearly 300k, and we also had 2 Warlocks and a Boomkin multidotting. It's pretty tight on DPS, we finished with like 30-45 seconds til enrage on our kill.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted
    Hello again guys! Recently been promoted to an Officer so doing as much as I can, but we are going to attempt him again today! Few things, With our current gear level, I was thinking about maybe keeping our Hpala and Rdruid in and two healing it? How do you guilds find this if we're struggling with DPS? I know we'll then miss our Spirit Link totem but I can't guage as to how much damage will be going out in my head so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Another point, if our Rpala continues to say "Underperform" would it be more beneficial to swap him out to his 538 Hunter? I know we'll be missing a protection for the garrote then, so I don't know whether it will be worth it (I would only swap this out when we're three healing).

Thanks again guys!

If the boss is enraging then you need more DPS.

There is no point on having an extra BoP if that makes the boss enrage.

Also 2-healing will be hard, but if everyone is quick on avoiding damage you should have no issues. Seriously there is so much avoidable damage on that fight i'm pretty much sure that with perfect avoidance of damage it could be easily 1-healed

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    If the boss is enraging then you need more DPS.

There is no point on having an extra BoP if that makes the boss enrage.

Also 2-healing will be hard, but if everyone is quick on avoiding damage you should have no issues. Seriously there is so much avoidable damage on that fight i'm pretty much sure that with perfect avoidance of damage it could be easily 1-healed
    The majority of raid damage comes from UNAVOIDABLE damage if you check logs. In our 9 min kill last week, garrote did 60 million damage to the raid and was 50% of the damage taken for the group. This was followed by Calamity, Dark Meditation and Inferno Strike, also unavoidable. It is far from "easily 1-healed" when two healing is difficult for most groups. Top ranked heal logs for this fight are all two heal, combined raid around 550k hps over 6-7 minutes.

Everything you listed (except garrote) is on a timer, and therefore manageable with CDs. Garrote itself, while dealing quite high damage, is a dot, that by itself makes it easy to heal.

I'm NOT recommending anyone to solo-heal it, i'm saying that there is not enough damage to make 2-healing as hard as OP belives. Especially given that the more damage you have, the less damage you take, as garrote and calamity are both the way the boss forces you to rotate phasing them.

Also i'd love to see the best guilds in the world trying to solo-heal this, as with exceptional DPS you could avoid inferno strike (or having just 1, that hopefully can be immuned/solo soaked) get very little garrotes, at most 2-3 casts of calamity and little to no time on dark meditation.

Deleted
    Hey guys, thanks again for your support Had another shot at it and got it down in our first go! We're now about 4% away from downing Galakras I guess it was just time in SoO we needed. Nothing wrong with being prepared though