Thread: Fire Chilton ??

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire Chilton ??

All the changes in Battlegrounds since 2 expansions ago are why NO ONE plays them anymore, honestly, all of my friends quit this game due to the unfair advantage casters have now. melee is a thing of the past, Tom Chilton the head developer has ruined this game, just look at all the people leaving lately, accounts are dwindling left and right, wich is why i also canceled my account today, sure, most of you casters will be replying with whining come-backs, but you know its true now, not sure what Chilton and his chronies were thinking, but they better wake up and fix this game before EVERYONE leaves, also,,why did they cancel armor and wep smithing right after BC? not everyone is guilded or likes to raid, soloing timeless isle is another joke, most do not like going with teams, wich proves my point, melee and soloing is a thing of the past, i am sure some tanks will argue with that, but you know you got your gear while grouped, Tom Chilton ruined this game, i am done, and wish you all well, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

This is a Quote from the wow forums THESE ARENT MY VIEWS.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/277929-fire-chilton/

What do you guys think ??

Edit: Taken the freedom to apply the links so you will not be directed to being the original OP. Though, keep it civil, topics like this tends to derail too fast.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-31 at 11:55 AM.

I think these kind of threads are infantile. For all you know all the things you like in the game were made by the same person. In reality, no one person is responsible for this kind of thing however, that's just an oversimplification of what in reality is a massive collaboration, this kind of "blame game" is similar to blaming a President for an economy. Many people really struggle with context.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

1: "I quit" threads are not allowed here, so peace anyway.
    2: You're assuming the reason subs are dropping is because of PvP, which it is not at all the reason. Some leaving for PvP? Sure, but it is not a majority.
    3: Gotta have at least a 3 in any list.

Edit: Ignore the very dumb comment above this edit.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-10-31 at 11:10 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    I am sorry to say the whole melee vs casters discussion is a stupid one. Especially in the context of quitting the game because of it.
    How many people do you think hate groups enough to solo timeless isle in crappy gear, my crappy sp also has trouble soloing stuff, does that mean I cancel my subscription or that I maybe invite some friends along?
    The gravitas of firing someone cause apparently you are the messiah of the forum views also does not seem to make much sense to me, Whine thread IMO!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this guy is really mad lol. Seems like he's just burnt out from mmos and doesn't like the direction the game is going, time to move on.

"Fire X" threads are ridiculous

what can i say - doomsayers man

I was thinking it was a pretty moronic thing for him to say really. I was just a bit miffed that the thread was locked down on the blizz forums quite quickly as it would of received alot of spam from people. Would of liked to give the guy a response myself tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    1: "I quit" threads are not allowed here, so peace anyway.
    2: You're assuming the reason subs are dropping is because of PvP, which it is not at all the reason. Some leaving for PvP? Sure, but it is not a majority.
    3: Gotta have at least a 3 in any list.
    Must not have read it correctly, The views expressed are not the OP's. The initial paragraph is quoted from the wow forums.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

The only thing I can semi agree with is the weapon crafting thing. I thought it was pretty cool in TBC that you can make a weapon and upgrade it as you progress through the tiers. The rest of his shamble post was pretty derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I think it was a terrible thread over at the official forums, and am a bit surprised you thought it'd do better here.
    Mix of the regular hyperbolic whining
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Must not have read it correctly, The views expressed are not the OP's. The initial paragraph is quoted from the wow forums.
    Thanks lol, I chose to ignore this xD

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    You are correct, and now I look like an ass.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

All the changes in Battlegrounds since 2 expansions ago are why NO ONE plays them anymore, honestly, all of my friends quit this game due to the unfair advantage casters have now. melee is a thing of the past
    BG's are not responsible for the large number of casters now, the MoP expansion is, it is the most melee unfriendly area in the game, with the most melee unfriendly dungeon and raids in the game. Prior to MoP my three mains were two melee and one ranged, after MoP my two mains are ranged, I even switched my Shaman that has been Enhancement from day one to Elemental.

It is just easier and far less stressful to play a ranged toon now, questing, fighting rares on Timeless Isle, dungeons or raids. It is no doubt the same for most everyone else. With everyone playing more ranged classes now due to MoP it is only natural you get rise in the number ranged toons in BG's.

The reason why no one plays BG's anymore can be really attributed to one faction (Horde) dominating most of them particularly the newest ones, and Blizzard Devs who seems to crank up that lopsidedness with each expansion.
    Last edited by Cobaltius; 2013-10-31 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our game is in peril. Ghostcrawler, the spirit of Azeroth, can no longer stand the terrible destruction plaguing our battlegrounds. He gives five magic rings to five special young people. From Africa, Kwame with the power of Earth Chilton. From the North America, Wheeler with the power of Fire Chilton. From the Soviet Union, Linka with the power of Wind Chilton. From Asia, Gi with the power of Water Chilton. And from South America, Ma-Ti with the power of Heart Chilton. With the five powers combined they summon Azeroth's greatest champion - CAPTAIN CHILTON!

Earth Chilton!
    Fire Chilton!
    Wind Chilton!
    Water Chilton!
    Heart Chilton!

By your powercombined, I am CAPTAIN CHILTON. \o/

Goooo Chilton!
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-10-31 at 12:28 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Our game is in peril. Ghostcrawler, the spirit of Azeroth, can no longer stand the terrible destruction plaguing our battlegrounds. He gives five magic rings to five special young people. From Africa, Kwame with the power of Earth Chilton. From the North America, Wheeler with the power of Fire Chilton. From the Soviet Union, Linka with the power of Wind Chilton. From Asia, Gi with the power of Water Chilton. And from South America, Ma-Ti with the power of Heart Chilton. With the five powers combined they summon Azeroth's greatest champion - CAPTAIN CHILTON!

Earth Chilton!
    Fire Chilton!
    Wind Chilton!
    Water Chilton!
    Heart Chilton!

By your powercombined, I am CAPTAIN CHILTON. \o/

Goooo Chilton!

+1
    eventho. naaaaah.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow pvp aint that great anyway ... when i wanna pvp, i play a game that was built and balanced around exactly that function, like dota.
    i think heroes of the storm will probably be a better blizzard alternative to pvp

How come none of these ever specify? It's always 'The Game sucks now, Blizzard ruined pvp, classes are boring, subs dropping' aka the same thing people have been complaining about since WotLK.

Retards from official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    BG's are not responsible for the large number of casters now, the MoP expansion is, it is the most melee unfriendly area in the game, with the most melee unfriendly dungeon and raids in the game. Prior to MoP my three mains were two melee and one ranged, after MoP my two mains are ranged, I even switched my Shaman that has been Enhancement from day one to Elemental.

It is just easier and far less stressful to play a ranged toon now, questing, fighting rares on Timeless Isle, dungeons or raids. It is no doubt the same for most everyone else. With everyone playing more ranged classes now due to MoP it is only natural you get rise in the number ranged toons in BG's.

The reason why no one plays BG's anymore can be really attributed to one faction (Horde) dominating most of them particularly the newest ones, and Blizzard Devs who seems to crank up that lopsidedness with each expansion.
    Burning Crusade was WAY worse for melee, sorry. I agree, faction imbalance influences pvp.