Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you like Age of Mythology to come back?

AoM was one of the best games I played and I would like to see a updated version with more myths in it. Sadly Ensemble Studios who were responsible with the entire Age of franchise disbanded and the rights to the franchise are most likely owned by Microsoft who now focus on console games. If they sold those rights, would you like a new AoM game?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i think AoE 2 was better than AoM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Never played it, and the general consencus I see from people is that AOE2 is better.

I'm to biased trough, playing AOE2 quit abit almost daylie.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yes, Fantasy RTS is awesome and AoM was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Honestly, i think AoE 2 was better than AoM.
    Have to agree. I don't know why, but I really disliked AoM. But maybe it was just because of my moving on from the genre. (As I haven't really played any other RTS after AoE 2)

Deleted
    Yes. To provide a counter-point to people in this thread, I considered AoM far superior to any of the other AoE games. A new AoM would be fantastic; especially if they could throw in even more factions with a greater variety of myths and units. That'd be amazing.

Deleted
    I'm a AoE 1&2 fan, but AoM has it's merits. All the playable nations/cultures were unique enough (albeit not very balanced), the campaign has it's moments and the introduction of mythical units, god powers etc. gave the opportunity to implement fun mechanics that couldn't be used in the AoE games. So yes, why not, if they would make a new AoM I would definitely give it a try.

Also every game that allows me to control giant ship-sinking turtles has a plus in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never liked AoM that much, but AoE2 is my favorite RTS of all time, maybe sharing the pedestal with Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. AoE3 however was a complete disaster, and AoE Online is something completely different. I'd love to see a new RTS game made on the basis of AoE2, with better graphics, controls, online systems, map editor and such, while maintaining the complex economy in Medieval setting.

Also, I believe, it was the best RTS in the world for its time. I mean, Starcraft 2 is good, but it's nothing incredibly exciting or innovative. AoE 2, however, at its time felt like the apex of computer industry. I remember that feeling when I bought the game in 1999, I believe, installed it and started playing 1v1 against computer - I just couldn't get away from the screen, so incredible it looked and felt back then.
    Too bad they don't make games like that nowadays.

AoM is probably the only RTS I've played a lot, excluding Warcraft. I always ending up cheating in the campaign though and can't beat computer on easy outside of campaign I like the game but I don't think I'd play it, RTS is too damn hard!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    I'm a AoE 1&2 fan, but AoM has it's merits. All the playable nations/cultures were unique enough (albeit not very balanced), the campaign has it's moments and the introduction of mythical units, god powers etc. gave the opportunity to implement fun mechanics that couldn't be used in the AoE games. So yes, why not, if they would make a new AoM I would definitely give it a try.

Also every game that allows me to control giant ship-sinking turtles has a plus in my book.
    I bet you loved Warcraft 2 then!
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Really enjoyed AoM at the time it was a thing. Though I remember feeling the expansion was sort of crummy [I only half remember the xpack... wasn't it like another pantheon of gods or something?) and the overall game balance of units to be somewhat middling. AOM was fun from an economic POV. Really did enjoy that economy system.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-10-31 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    They introduced the Atlanteans along with the titans they worshiped. The editor was really great too, it topped (I think it still does) any other editor when it comes to what you could do with the map design, zones and eye candy.

Loved AoM! Don't want to remind myself how many hours I spent on the whole Age of series. Excluding AoE3... that was horrid. Would love to see another one like AoM. The graphics for its time were incredible. Good times.. Good times..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Yes. To provide a counter-point to people in this thread, I considered AoM far superior to any of the other AoE games.
    I concur. And I played a TON of AoE2 back in the day. The whole mythos thing just added so many more dimensions. And the various resource gathering means of the different factions made it more diverse aswell.

Yes. Bring it back.

Deleted
    Definately, i loved that game. If they're ever releasing it again, i hope it's updated a lot.

Brrootswet! timberswit!

GGHHEE-O-AH! HAH!

Deleted
    I loved Age of Mythology - far more than AoE 2. I enjoyed the titans expansion too, but there was so much more they could have done with this game. Just realised it came out over a decade ago now.

This is making me want to see if I can get it to run still on windows 7 and how playable it would be now.

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated AoM. I liked it a lot, not as much as AoE2, especially when compared with AoE3 which I found the entire system just completely terrible (since it was almost a complete revamp from 2).

If they were to update AoM and the price was right I'd snag a copy for myself again.

AoM was awesome. It had the original AoE II touch, plus an awesome campaign and mythical creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshain View Post
    The editor was really great too, it topped (I think it still does) any other editor when it comes to what you could do with the map design, zones and eye candy.
    I still think that the WC3 editor is the best game editor every provided. (I'm comparing what you could do in relation to when the game came out)

Deleted
    I never played this game. Looking back at google images and youtube playthroughs now, I remember the game, but now I really wish I had played it back in the day.