Page 79 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else remember this from July?
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...xpansion05.jpg
    was datamined in "Iron Horde" folder under "expansion05"

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Does anyone else remember this from July?
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...xpansion05.jpg
    was datamined in "Iron Horde" folder under "expansion05"
    Yeah, I think a few people have brought that up. It looks similar to the Warsong Clan's banner http://wowpedia.org/Warsong_Clan

I wouldn't want people like OP as my friend. Just saying...

he seems like one of the people who would stab you in the back.

It's interesting that on the Timeless Isle, some of the Bronze dragons say their power over time has been weakening. I believe Nozdormu has also disappeared. Also there are these ghosts that pop up every now and then. They look like shades.

What if Nozdormu discovered that one of the Titans / old gods / burning legion dude, did something in the past that completely changed how history turned out. Now he is held captive and the Infinite Dragonflight has been right all along?

OP edited by Boubouille?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chimeraruin View Post
    OP edited by Boubouille?
    That was two days ago, the OP listed actual employees who were lives were going to be ruined whether this is real or not.

Speaking of which. How many pages has this grown since the trademark was posted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kosie345 View Post
    It's interesting that on the Timeless Isle, some of the Bronze dragons say their power over time has been weakening. I believe Nozdormu has also disappeared. Also there are these ghosts that pop up every now and then. They look like shades.

What if Nozdormu discovered that one of the Titans / old gods / burning legion dude, did something in the past that completely changed how history turned out. Now he is held captive and the Infinite Dragonflight has been right all along?
    Nozdormu is the leader of the Infinites, who we killed 2 expansions ago.

Confused? Welcome to what a time travel expansion would be like.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nozdormu is the leader of the Infinites, who we killed 2 expansions ago.

Confused? Welcome to what a time travel expansion would be like.
    Correction: we defeated the version of him that would have existed had the Hour of Twilight come to pass. Seeing as Nozdormu has lost his Aspect powers, it's a fair assumption he is no longer present along all timelines, but had instead split into seperate entities, one for each timeline.

I dunno, I don't find time-travel in Warcraft confusing at all. Though I will admit it's rather hard to explain an idea that uses time-travel sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Correction: we defeated the version of him that would have existed had the Hour of Twilight come to pass. Seeing as Nozdormu has lost his Aspect powers, it's a fair assumption he is no longer present along all timelines, but had instead split into seperate entities, one for each timeline.

I dunno, I don't find time-travel in Warcraft confusing at all. Though I will admit it's rather hard to explain an idea that uses time-travel sometimes.
    Well, it could potentially be much more confusing, but they present it to us in very limited fashion. For instance:

Yes, we defeated a version of Murozond that will not actually come to be. However, that version of Murozond spawned from a version of Nozdormu that never lost his mastery over time. Short version of the conundrum: can you really get rid of something that exists outside of time ?

Slightly longer version: Murozond, as we faced him, existed outside of time, just as Nozdormu did before losing his Aspect powers. We defeated just one manifestation of a creature that had (and isn't it odd to use past-tense for a creature that can exist simultaneously in the past, present, and future?) the ability to exist in all times at once. Who knows when that Murozond (and which Murozond that was) traveled to where we encountered him ? Yes, it was our future (a future that never came to pass), but maybe that was a still-further-in-the-future Murozond traveling back ? Or maybe it was a past version of Murozond traveling to the future.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well, it could potentially be much more confusing, but they present it to us in very limited fashion. For instance:

Yes, we defeated a version of Murozond that will not actually come to be. However, that version of Murozond spawned from a version of Nozdormu that never lost his mastery over time. Short version of the conundrum: can you really get rid of something that exists outside of time ?

Slightly longer version: Murozond, as we faced him, existed outside of time, just as Nozdormu did before losing his Aspect powers. We defeated just one manifestation of a creature that had (and isn't it odd to use past-tense for a creature that can exist simultaneously in the past, present, and future?) the ability to exist in all times at once. Who knows when that Murozond (and which Murozond that was) traveled to where we encountered him ? Yes, it was our future (a future that never came to pass), but maybe that was a still-further-in-the-future Murozond traveling back ? Or maybe it was a past version of Murozond traveling to the future.
    I think it was in Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects that Nozdormu claimed pretty much all timelines were unravelling, eventually ending up in the Hour of Twilight (or worse), and that there was only one real option left... but he couldn't see down that path so he was unable to tell whether it would work out well or not. Which would make sense, seeing as it's the one where he lost his Aspect powers.

That was two days ago, the OP listed actual employees who were lives were going to be ruined whether this is real or not.
    Sorry bro, it's real.

10+ Year Old Account

Nozdormu has both a power and a curse: he knows when and how he will die. Until that time comes, he cannot perish.
    WoWwiki.

He has said he dies in the End Time. Until then, which has already been, he cannot die.

I find it horribly confusing, a morass of rules and avoided consequences.

Blizz could make it work if we owned up to the fact anything we do will make the Legion win in WC3, but instead it will be handwaved with the good ol' "it was all just a dream."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Sorry bro, it's real.
    Due to the fact my sub hangs in the balance, I am not convinced.

Deleted
    WoWwiki.

He has said he dies in the End Time. Until then, which has already been, he cannot die.

I find it horribly confusing, a morass of rules and avoided consequences.
    He knew he would die as Murozond if he kept his powers, which was what allowed him to have an insight into the future in the first place.

Since we currently are on the timeline where he lost his powers, that fate was averted (though not along many of the other timelines). Now he must face the fact that he has no idea how he will die, which may eventually turn out to be a bigger burden than the knowledge was.

I don't mind the idea of a time travel expansion, but I am hoping that this could still be a Burning Legion expansion.

You guys threatening your sub over a handful of rumors and one factual trademark really need to come down from the ledge and chill. I mean geeze, wait to get some context before you jump. And if you do, I don't think Blizz is all that concerned about your one little account. Besides we all know, YOU WILL BE BACK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    You guys threatening your sub over a handful of rumors and one factual trademark really need to come down from the ledge and chill. I mean geeze, wait to get some context before you jump. And if you do, I don't think Blizz is all that concerned about your one little account. Besides we all know, YOU WILL BE BACK
    It seems to me that just like with MoP, the majority of the people who are saying they will quit if this is true based solely on the title and a handful of possible plot points without even waiting to see what Blizzard will actually do with the expansion are just looking for an excuse to quit the game anyways. If it ends up being not true, they will just find some other thing to complain about and claim is the death of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that i'm unsubbing, but they SHOULD be concerned about the millions unsubbing for 3 expansions now. Which is sadly a factor that makes a Draenor TBC style catering expansion all the more likely.

Oh yea that's SOP. They won't unsubscribe. It's just an empty threat as if blizz cares.

That makes absolutely no logical sense.
    #1.*Rumor*
    #2. I will quit if the rumor is true.
    #3. So I choose not to believe the rumor.

And honestly I started out in the "OMG I'LL QUIT IF IT'S TIME TRAVEL" camp, but then I realized how stupid that is, so I took my head out of my ass and started pondering what such a storyline could mean, and I actually came up with some pretty cool ideas. So I'm keeping an open mind that some of those ideas will at least be reality. And the fact is I've always wanted to see pre-kaboom outlands in World of Warcraft style, and this might just be that chance.

I'd suggest you go into Blizzcon with an open mind, because I really doubt Metzen is so far off his rocker that he's going to give us CATACLYSM OUTLAND EDITION as an entire xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    T
    I'd suggest you go into Blizzcon with an open mind, because I really doubt Metzen is so far off his rocker that he's going to give us CATACLYSM OUTLAND EDITION as an entire xpac.
    No because time-travel

10+ Year Old Account
    He knew he would die as Murozond if he kept his powers, which was what allowed him to have an insight into the future in the first place.

Since we currently are on the timeline where he lost his powers, that fate was averted (though not along many of the other timelines). Now he must face the fact that he has no idea how he will die, which may eventually turn out to be a bigger burden than the knowledge was.
    Interesting point. Though if anything, I think for the short term it spares us of having Murozond to deal with. He doesn't know when he will fall to darkness, even if he assumes to know when he dies.