Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I'm not saying it does, those that did that to him should face charges (like he should have really but) however his actions caused this, he made himself a hate figure by doing this and although I don't think anyone can say he deserved what happened, if he hadn't done it we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Oh I disagree he was wrong for what he did, but the internet 'community' as a whole were just as bad.

Did he deserve 38k? No...but he did atleast deserve help for the mental stress that having hundreds or thousands of deaththreats on your family causes.
    Just as much as the people who got peppersprayed deserved any medical/mental help they might have needed from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, all of them got payed for damages caused to them and while he peppersprayed all those people he apparently got more than a fair share of stuff thrown at him as well in the aftermath. You should be able to put down the war axe at some point. No one really came out as a winner in this.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe those pseudo intellectual college kids should have listened to the repeated warnings the police gave and just moved. Those students then saying they will only move if the police release the other students that were arrested for DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL. Those protesters acting like the cops are the bad guys and making their jobs living hell for what? I don't feel bad for the students at all. I would gladly get pepper sprayed for 30 grand. Most people just watch the 30 second clip of the cop doing it with zero back story. Both sides are clearly wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    Maybe those pseudo intellectual college kids should have listened to the repeated warnings the police gave and just moved. Those students then saying they will only move if the police release the other students that were arrested for DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL. Those protesters acting like the cops are the bad guys and making their jobs living hell for what? I don't feel bad for the students at all. I would gladly get pepper sprayed for 30 grand. Most people just watch the 30 second clip of the cop doing it with zero back story. Both sides are clearly wrong.
    It's extenuating circumstances for said authorities - but excessive force is not permissible, nor is allowing frustration or anger to cloud your judgement.

Which the officer did, no one is debating the fact these "Kids" are assphats; but on the other hand his response(s) are not justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Yes, but see they're completely justified in acting like scumbags because they're just retaliating.
    No they are not, since what he did really wasn't that big of a deal. The kids in the campus where protesting, he doused them in pepper spray. This happens all the time in protest. Even if the cop went beyond his authority at that point, he didn't cause anyone any serious bodily harm. All they got is a good dose of pepper spray. There's no reason to send death threats to the guy over that. Young people specially in the U.S. seem to have a fascination with hating the police or looking for any excuse to hate them. I'm not saying cops are infallible but this just seems like an over the top reaction for something ridiculously minor. Personally I saw the video and thought it was kind of funny how casually he was spraying them. I wouldn't be surprised if the protesters were beginning to get violent and that was conveniently left out of the video. If you want to look at a case of the police using excessive force on students, just look for the 1968 Tlatelolco massacre. That was a protest by Mexican college students against the 1968 summer Olympics in which the President of Mexico decided that the best way to deal with the protesters was to send the police, military and tanks and allow them the use of deadly force.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    They say sarcasm doesn't mix well with the internet, but dammit I try.

It's ok Nixx, it's ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But eh, E-warriors are just that; cowards.
    I can see how you would consider an officer spraying unarmed, non-threatening students as a hero.

Ut sementem feceris, ita metes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    He didn't hurt people.

Pepperspray isn't nice, but it doesn't hurt you.
    Well, it burn yours eye like your face took a dip in a bowl of lava... But nothing permanent, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well, it burn yours eye like your face took a dip in a bowl of lava... But nothing permanent, no.
    Except in the cases where the person has asthma in which case it can cause respiratory issues, theoretically they can result in death (ultra rare as you can imagine but still possible).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    I can see how you would consider an officer spraying unarmed, non-threatening students as a hero.

Ut sementem feceris, ita metes.
    An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind.

Retaliating agaisnt someone who used excessive force with death threats, not only to him - but to the entire family, is far more scummy behavior to me.

They were guilty of no crime or offense, yet were tarred by the internet warriors seeking "Justice".

Protesting hippies shouldn't have defamed this guy all over the internet.