Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Seriously?
    No idea who he is either

10+ Year Old Account
    Bashing religion is no more appropriate than bringing it up. This is about fiction, not real-world religions. Keep it at that.

Thanks!

I would say... Q

Obviously.

Or perhaps Azathoth.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Obviously, He Man

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We did a March Madness bracket of this in my High School Government class. Jean Grey/Phoenix is the most powerful being ever. Goku is a close second.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

This questions depends a lot on the definition of power. What is power? Is it the ability of pure strength such as Goku, Or mind control that makes someone lift a blade and slit his or her own throat. Nozdormu 'if' unchained would be more powerful as he pretty much is a keeper of time, Can go back in time and slay Goku as an infant. I have seen fictional character just pluck at a silver string of faith, And that person whom string it was, was dead.
    But strength can also be the ability to feed a lot of people, Raise an Army. Control magic itself or simply be so charismatic you can raise whole armies to fly like a locust across the galaxy with an armada.

So all in all I do not know, But I can think of a few more powerful then Goku.

Deleted
    My pally /10chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    We did a March Madness bracket of this in my High School Government class. Jean Grey/Phoenix is the most powerful being ever. Goku is a close second.
    You're tempting the god of DBZ, Laurcus (probably misspelled his name) with that claim. Take Metzen's love of Thrall's perfectness and then multply that by over 9000 *had to* and that's what you're going to get from him regarding Goku.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to say Goku but I can't really think of any other character that would be stronger than Goku (of my knowledge). I mean Goku reached the status of like a super god so even a match between Superman and Goku would be a no brainer with Goku beating the shit out of Superman. Comparing Goku and Superman is like comparing God Goku to Tien Shinhan.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-11-02 at 01:14 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

You would have to set so many rules because so many universes have so many different factors.

Anyone who says Goku/Superman/The Hulk, etc is invalid in my opinion.

You have omnipotent beings that don't even fight due to their immense power theoretically tearing the universe in half, or people who have the ability to do literally anything.

I don't care how powerful Super Saiyan 492849284929482838 Goku is, Q from Trek can literally blink him out of existence, and it has nothing to do with his power as a saiyan or a living being.

- - - Updated - - -

TOAA isn't a fictional character, it's Jack Kirby, and Beyonder has been retconned into a simple cosmic cube.

My philosophy on, "who is the most powerful character" is that the question is nearly impossible to answer in a satisfactory way, because it depends a lot on the terms that you set. Even something seemingly simple like, "who would win in an all out fight" can be incredibly difficult to answer, because some powers are almost impossible to quantify or pit against each other in a meaningful way.

I think both Goku and Superman could fit a lot of definitions of "most powerful". Greatest power while still having limits shown, probably Goku. Highest verifiable output of kinetic energy or lifting strength by a character, (meaning shit that actually happened, not potential) probably Superman.

If you want to talk about infinite power god beings, I could name no less than a dozen of those without much difficulty. The problem I have with god beings of infinite power though is that some fictional characters have defeated or defied beings like that, and those character could very likely be outclassed by numerous other characters concerning their shown and/or stated relevant combat attributes. Then you have the problem of trying to compare different infinite power beings to each other, who is stronger The-One-Above-All, (taking him at face value as a character for a moment) or The Being of Pure Light from D&D. Both beings of supposedly infinite power, and we have absolutely no way to determine what would happen if they were to somehow clash, and no bullshit fan explanation like, "they can't both exist at the same time in the same universe" is good enough to be anything more than a shitty cop out.

Also, what counts as "fictional" what's to stop me from dreaming up a character that I say has the power to be more powerful than anything else that has ever, is and will ever be conceived, and can output Graham's number times more energy than Superman and Goku put together without even trying and can increase his power as much as he needs retroactively in the past? The question's fucking impossible to answer correctly.

tl;dr There is no right answer, but Goku is probably the best answer.
    Sounds like someone has a bit of a crush on Goku.

Literally everything you said about infinite beings can be applied to anyone else, even Goku, so your theory about how someone like Q can't beat Goku is null and void, and vice versa if i were in your seat giving the same answer.

What we should be going off of is their innate powers and, Goku has limits. His limit is that his power comes from his ability to defeat an opponent with his universes theoretical idea of energy and strength.

That theory placed in ANY universe is immediately beaten by the fact that some beings can beat that by circumnavigating energy concepts, those concepts have limits.
    Last edited by Realsykes; 2013-11-01 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    well, can't be goku, or superman

latest cannon dragob ball z movie shows at the very least 2 beings that are more powerfull that goku, one MUCH more powerfull ( forgot his name, the butler that knocks down the god of destruction with a lazy hit )
    Bills was the God of Destruction from the seventh Universe. So i would say the God of Destruction from the first Universe would be the strongest of all in the DBZ universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

15+ Year Old Account
    As I said earlier Goku and Superman(pre prime) dont have reality bending capabilities which some of the cosmic and God classed people have. Meaning that they could be removed from the omniverse with a mere thought. Superman Prime is a whole other deal though(strong enough to lift the omniverse, has the strongest Green lantern ring etc)

Dr. Manhattan
    "Reassembling myself was the first trick I learned. It didn't kill Osterman... did you really think it would kill me? I have walked across the surface of the Sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all. But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite."

This guy knows his shit, though I think you're underrating Goku and overrating Superman Prime One Million. Just because Superman Prime creates the next universe, doesn't automatically mean he's the most powerful; also the story was non-canon, but that's beside the point. The point is, aside from the ability to create and crushing Solaris, we don't really see him fight.

As for underrating Goku, he shrugs off cosmic reality manipulation with the raw power from SS4, and then he absorbs the Dragon Balls. That's got to count for something.

And Captain Atom's not that powerful most of the time, because he did kind of nerf himself. I think it's a little silly how many people are saying Dr. Manhattan is the most powerful though.
    i said multiverse for a reason, superman prime is essentially superman upgrading from super-jesus to super-god.

he presides over the whole of DC's 52 universes.
    and after then end of them all will create several more, and this is superman, no one will die with the end of the multiverse.

i don't think I'm underrating goku in terms of power, hes powerful but in terms of speed both movement(teleportation being irrelevant to the effects of super-luminary physics) and cognitive processing.
    several people on that list can move and think faster then light or can simply stop time altogether.

physical strength, perseverance, and combat skill is irrelevant at these levels of power, and those are goku's strengths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    i said multiverse for a reason, superman prime is essentially superman upgrading from super-jesus to super-god.

and after then end of them all will create several more, and this is superman, no one will die with the end of the multiverse.

i don't think I'm underrating goku in terms of power, hes powerful but in terms of speed both movement(teleportation being irrelevant to the effects of super-luminary physics) and cognitive processing.
    several people on that list can move and think faster then light or can simply stop time altogether.

physical strength, perseverance, and combat skill is irrelevant at these levels of power, and those are goku's strengths.
    As said here, Goku is one of the strongest Class 10 fictional characters that exsists, but he will loose to any prime, celestial, cosmic, god or omnipotent classes. In brute force both Superman Prime and Rune King Thor crushes him. I would even argue that he will loose to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or strong toonforce users like Bugs Bunny or the mask.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patty is the most powerful character of all time!

You cared enough to post.

Simon the digger

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post

DC One Million isn't a multiverse project though. It isn't even part of New 52, because it came out in 1998, Pre 52. It's actually a series of non-canon what if scenarios, it didn't happen in ANY universe. When I say non-canon I mean it never ever happened anywhere, ever. That's what DC One Million is. It's not something like Young Justice where DC has said, "Yes, this happened and this is where it happened" Earth-16 to be precise. Superman Prime One Million has never and does not exist in the DC multiverse.

DBZ characters were light speed or close enough back at the start of Dragon Ball when power levels were around 1k.

The beam leaves Piccolo's hand at 3:02, we start to see the results of it hitting the moon 3 seconds later at 3:05. That is actually 1.5 seconds later, due to needing to wait for the light to be reflected back to us before we see it. The distance from the Earth to the moon is 1.282 light seconds. So Piccolo's shitty ki blast in the Saiyan saga was nearly light speed. People dodge ki blasts all the time, and each time a character gets a major power increase their speed is shown to go up by so much that people who were previously at their level are no longer capable of seeing them move. And this snowballs repeatedly throughout the series, with Goku's last recorded power level hitting 150 million less than halfway through the series.

Also, please don't ignore what I said about Goku reversing reality warping, and then absorbing that power himself, it's kind of a major point. Also, power gets so high at around SS3 in the Buu saga, the characters start having the power to just say fuck you to reality and literally just shatter dimensions like glass. Super Buu would have destroyed the entire universe, (multiverse? Judging from Dende's description that attack may have destroyed the multiverse, despite that concept not being introduced to DBZ until BoG) had Vegito not intervened.

There's a lot more to Goku than just strength, skill and the will to kick ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Jean Grey isn't even that powerful in her own universe... Like, full stop, forget non-Marvel characters, she gets owned by no less than a dozen Marvel characters in an epic stomp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    You would have to set so many rules because so many universes have so many different factors.

Anyone who says Goku/Superman/The Hulk, etc is invalid in my opinion.

You have omnipotent beings that don't even fight due to their immense power theoretically tearing the universe in half, or people who have the ability to do literally anything.

I don't care how powerful Super Saiyan 492849284929482838 Goku is, Q from Trek can literally blink him out of existence, and it has nothing to do with his power as a saiyan or a living being.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like someone has a bit of a crush on Goku.

Literally everything you said about infinite beings can be applied to anyone else, even Goku, so your theory about how someone like Q can't beat Goku is null and void, and vice versa if i were in your seat giving the same answer.

What we should be going off of is their innate powers and, Goku has limits. His limit is that his power comes from his ability to defeat an opponent with his universes theoretical idea of energy and strength.

That theory placed in ANY universe is immediately beaten by the fact that some beings can beat that by circumnavigating energy concepts, those concepts have limits.
    Or, Q would try and his powers simply wouldn't work on Goku, just like Ultimate Shenron's. First off, we've seen what happens when Qs fight other Qs, they seem considerably less omnipotent. The black star dragon balls have the power to do anything, just like Qs powers, (except not, because Q turns into a pussy when he has to fight others of his own race) Ultimate Shenron turns Goku into a kid, SS4 temporarily reverses that. Power to do anything < SS4. Then Goku absorbs the dragon balls, so yeah, that happens.

If we're going by most powerful, wouldn't Vegito or Broly theoretically be the most powerful Laurcus? If Vegito could go SSJ4, he'd be, well, unstoppable. He already beat the shit out of Mystic Buu, and he was messing around in his base form. If not him, then surely it'd be Gogeta.

On the subject of Broly, he technically has no limits, and his power is always increasing. Eventually, he's going to be more powerful than anyone else, especially if he's fighting to the point where his power increase is dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    If we're going by most powerful, wouldn't Vegito or Broly theoretically be the most powerful Laurcus? If Vegito could go SSJ4, he'd be, well, unstoppable. He already beat the shit out of Mystic Buu, and he was messing around in his base form. If not him, then surely it'd be Gogeta.

On the subject of Broly, he technically has no limits, and his power is always increasing. Eventually, he's going to be more powerful than anyone else, especially if he's fighting to the point where his power increase is dramatic.
    Any Saiyan's power can increase infinitely, so I'm going with shown appearances, to try and use as few assumptions as possible. Of course if Vegito was made with end of GT Goku and Vegeta he'd be more powerful than just Goku.