Thread: Games with RMAH

Question Games with RMAH

Do you know of any? D3 use to but not anymore, right?

- - - Updated - - -

lol 185 views > no replies.

I tend to avoid games with RMAH.

RMAH is a very potent poison. Typically kills the game before it gets big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Eve like that? also there was another... Europa Universalis I think? they both let you sell ingame stuff for $$ afaik.. dunno why ppl jumped on diablo for as if it's the devil and the only one to do it ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Isn't Eve like that? also there was another... Europa Universalis I think? they both let you sell ingame stuff for $$ afaik.. dunno why ppl jumped on diablo for as if it's the devil and the only one to do it ever...
    The only thing you can sell on EVE is PLEXs (Game time items, that can also be destroyed in-game) for ISK. (The "gold" of EVE)

You can either buy a PLEX with dollars and either use it for game time, or sell it for ISK, or if you're good enough, can but a PLEX with ISK and play the game for free.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    I think TF2 and Dota2 fall under RMAH. It is a little different, having to buy on the steam market but still.

Deleted
    You can buy game time cards to sell in-game. So if you need in-game currency you can buy the game time to sell (It shows up as an item in-game that can be traded) or if you want to play the game for free(Paying with in-game currency), you can buy a game time card in-game.

It works very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    weird I heard about some dude pulling off a scam in eve for a shit load of $$ like $100k if not more... I think I read about it on these forums...

Deleted
    weird I heard about some dude pulling off a scam in eve for a shit load of $$ like $100k if not more... I think I read about it on these forums...
    Nah. Biggest scam in EVE was for a lot less than that. Maybe 25,000 tops(As in that much in-game assets and money).

A Revelation was killed not long back, so that's probably $15,000.

I think its the whole p2w issue with RMAH. If it were limited to only vanity type items then what would be the problem with that?

RMAH could work if done right.

Steam does,. or most games with tradeable stuff on steam do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    I think its the whole p2w issue with RMAH. If it were limited to only vanity type items then what would be the problem with that?

RMAH could work if done right.
    Yea but most game companies dont want to share the profits with players then, they can just sell then in microtransaction shop.. and most do that anyway.

RMAH can only work with non-vanity items as its the only reason why a game company would introduce it. They cant sell the items in cash shop or theyd turn the game into P2W.. but if players themselves sell the items, the supply is limited and wouldn't cause inflation as quickly.

Deleted
    When ever you hear about someone losing money in EVE, read the fine print, what they actually say is they lost this amount of money, as in game credits. With the ability to buy and sell game time within EVE, its very easy to work out how much in-game currency is worth how much RL currency. Thats why you always get people thinking that people lose a ridiculous amount of money in EVE, when it actuality they probably haven't lost any RL money.

Deleted
    Hi, I too will miss the RMAH, it was cool to rid of some item for some cents, never made a big fortune that is. I have put for exploration TF2, EU and EVE, but as they are 3D with downloadable client, it is too demanding for now. You can as well test some browser games with RM auctions and trades, like My Lands and Golden Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft Holmes View Post
    Nah. Biggest scam in EVE was for a lot less than that. Maybe 25,000 tops(As in that much in-game assets and money).

A Revelation was killed not long back, so that's probably $15,000.
    Biggest scam was when the executives of one of the larger banking corps walked away with about a trillion isk, which equates to $50k through the RMT feature.

On-topic; EVE is the only game I can think of with a significant trading system that allows you to invest real money, but it only allows you to put your cash in, there's no legitimate way to put it back in your bank account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Biggest scam was when the executives of one of the larger banking corps walked away with about a trillion isk, which equates to $50k through the RMT feature.

On-topic; EVE is the only game I can think of with a significant trading system that allows you to invest real money, but it only allows you to put your cash in, there's no legitimate way to put it back in your bank account.
    The only legit ways i've ever heard of earning a living playing EVE were the few CEO's of the mega Corps out in Null who got paid a wage based on donations by the members.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Do you know of any? D3 use to but not anymore, right?

- - - Updated - - -

lol 185 views > no replies.
    It is shutting down in a day or two.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Dota 2, CS:GO, TF2 have it in form of the steam market. It's only vanity items and skins though so it's not poison like D3 rmah.