10+ Year Old Account

LFR 4pc vs flex non tier.

My mage is using flex pieces and normal tier legs (all upgraded) Would it be better to use 3 pieces lfr tier to make the set? My 5th pieces is warforged (shoulders). Im thinking yes but I really didnt want to spend the vp to upgrade lfr stuff.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Frost/arcane = no
    Fire = yes

Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    Frost/arcane = no
    Fire = yes
    wouldn't the gain of 2 piece make up for swapping out 1 piece for lfr tier?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by me28791 View Post
    wouldn't the gain of 2 piece make up for swapping out 1 piece for lfr tier?
    I'd probably use the 2 set for Arcane and definately if Frost, use the legs and one other piece depending on what other items are better optimsed. If you are Fire it's probably worth using it all, I'd probably save my VP though. Probably get more replies if you told everyone your spec

If Frost, rush the 2P at ALL COSTS. Doesn't matter which (though Gloves/Shoulders are the best pieces to use IIRC), just nab the 2P asap. Screw the 4P because it's terrible.

If Fire, absolutely. The 2P is pretty good and the 4P is incredible!

If Arcane, it's a bit of a toss-up, and my experience wouldn't be good enough to tell you one way or the other :\ (However, I am confident in saying the above is definitely true)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If Frost, rush the 2P at ALL COSTS. Doesn't matter which (though Gloves/Shoulders are the best pieces to use IIRC), just nab the 2P asap. Screw the 4P because it's terrible.

If Fire, absolutely. The 2P is pretty good and the 4P is incredible!
    Well, frost 4P isn't terrible per say, but compared to fire and arcane it's definitely the weakest. And if they've got their normal Tier legs then it doesn't really matter what piece of tier they get, whether from LFR or Flex as long as it fills out 2P or 4P for their spec.

Quote Originally Posted by khakiis View Post
    Well, frost 4P isn't terrible per say, but compared to fire and arcane it's definitely the weakest. And if they've got their normal Tier legs then it doesn't really matter what piece of tier they get, whether from LFR or Flex as long as it fills out 2P or 4P for their spec.
    Nah, I'd say it's terrible. Only reason I'm using it atm is because I don't have anything else to replace it (and I won't for quite a long time), plus I was using it for Arcane for awhile. It has a very low chance (30%) to drop a 50k-100k boulder on your target that isn't AoE in any way. If it was 30% from Frostbolt, I could see it as really good, but nope. It's from FFB.

Regardless though, the 2P is really good.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Nah, I'd say it's terrible. Only reason I'm using it atm is because I don't have anything else to replace it (and I won't for quite a long time), plus I was using it for Arcane for awhile. It has a very low chance (30%) to drop a 50k-100k boulder on your target that isn't AoE in any way. If it was 30% from Frostbolt, I could see it as really good, but nope. It's from FFB.

Regardless though, the 2P is really good.
    Does the boulder have an ICD? I.E. if you were to get 3 FFB procs in a row, is there a chance that the boulder could also proc 3 times, making for, in an optimal, situation, 300k dmg on your target? Or is it like a lot of trinkets where it only has a 30% chance every some-odd seconds? I didn't realize the boulder was a single-target thing, tho, and that makes it sound a lot worse. Is the visual cool at least? :/

I agree that 2P is amazing for frost, and when bursting it ups your dps tenfold if everything procs consistently. I'm super jealous of the other 4P, tho, especially fire. Do want!