Deleted

New to shadow and a few questions.

Hey guys, i've got a few questions regarding shadowpriests.

I'm using the strings for weakaura's that are in the shadow priest guide on the SP forums, wich show how much SP your dots have while applied, and how much SP you have at the moment itself.

-Should i refresh my dots always when i have more SP then the dots currently on the target? as in, i just applied VT, should i immedialty recast it when there's, let's say a 3K SP difference? What about when there's a 14K SP difference?

- is it okay to clip mindflay early when your dot's are about to fall off, or is it okay to clip for an instant mindblast? or does it have to be channeled completelly everytime?

- Refreshing dots when there's 2 seconds or less, or let them run all the way out and then apply new ones?

This are the question's i have for now.

Thanks for answering!

Quote Originally Posted by Snookems View Post
    Hey guys, i've got a few questions regarding shadowpriests.

I'm using the strings for weakaura's that are in the shadow priest guide on the SP forums, wich show how much SP your dots have while applied, and how much SP you have at the moment itself.

-Should i refresh my dots always when i have more SP then the dots currently on the target? as in, i just applied VT, should i immedialty recast it when there's, let's say a 3K SP difference? What about when there's a 14K SP difference?

- is it okay to clip mindflay early when your dot's are about to fall off, or is it okay to clip for an instant mindblast? or does it have to be channeled completelly everytime?

- Refreshing dots when there's 2 seconds or less, or let them run all the way out and then apply new ones?

This are the question's i have for now.

Thanks for answering!
    You should almost always try to refresh SW:P when you have a decent buff. SW:P is very lenient in it's refresh because of the initial damage that comes with using it, so you can typically refresh it without worrying too much. VT is a little different though. There's a good thread on howtopriest.com about dot refreshing if you want to take a gander there, but my personal rule with VT is to only refresh it when

1. my new one is WAY BETTER than the one on the target
    2. I have a really good buff about to fall off and VT is about mid way
    3. when I have to channel SW:I on my next orb and VT is under 8 seconds (unless it's a big buffed VT, then I just let it fall off during SW:I)

You always want to make sure you "cut off" mind flay at it's break off points when you refresh dots so you don't waste mind flay ticks. The only time you don't do this is for mind blast and SW: D. You want to use those two asap regardless of where your mind flay is.

With a lot of haste, it's probably most ideal to just refresh dots just as they are about to fall off, or you risk wasting dot ticks. Even 2 seconds may be too high depending on your haste.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-31 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers, they're very usefull, i'll make sure to check out the website you gave me!

Thanks!

About re-casting the dots
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3950

is it okay to clip mindflay early when your dot's are about to fall off, or is it okay to clip for an instant mindblast? or does it have to be channeled completelly everytime?
    Remember that orb generator > anything, before using MF:I make sure your dots have more than 6 sec.

I recommend using the addon affdots and affdotpriest, it will make your life more easy.