Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    it's not that people are hipsters, it's just blink's time is gone. their material is for young kids back in the 90s. i still appreciate the music that they wrote back then for what it was worth (growing up, being a teenager, sex, etc.).
    As an adult i still love their old classics, beats most new music today which is rather sad. Also a lot of the teenagers who play wow today have most likely not heard of them cause of their age obviously, so im guessing a lot of hate from them + older fellas who think its to soft core (seen a few threads like that on the official forums already), basically bashing other peoples music taste, low level really :P

All these shrewd hipsters.. jeez. I'm not a "fan" of Blink 182 but their music has a fun vibe to it and it will probably be good.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The reality is that live concerts are more about the atmosphere and everyone enjoying themselves together than the quality of music. Don't get me wrong good music helps, but its that mob effect where you enjoy yourself because everyone around it is trying to have a good time.

In 2011 I didn't really watch the concert for very long and just listened to it a bit from the outskirts while winning posters from the SC2 open tourney and finishing off any last minute browsing I didn't get done while it wasn't super busy. Likely I'll do the same this year but I may check it out for a bit since Blink 182 is generally up beat and decent music.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    ...I'm not a "fan" of Blink 182 but their music has a fun vibe to it and it will probably be good.
    This is how I feel. I've never actively bought any of Blink's stuff, but if their song is on the radio (or Pandora...), I'll turn it up and sing along. It's fun. Not punk, just catchy.

I'll probably watch their performance on either Virtual Ticket or YouTube, depending on which route I go this year.
    Last edited by JustTed; 2013-11-01 at 08:34 PM.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild was planning to skip the concert but we are now all going to attend simply because it's Blink 182.

TO be fair, and I mean fair. Travis the "epic" drummer should be there to play. Since he does not fly and it's like a 8 hour drive up or w/e it should be better then the touring band. If the touring band plays, that be a huge ripoff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    All these shrewd hipsters.. jeez. I'm not a "fan" of Blink 182 but their music has a fun vibe to it and it will probably be good.
    Their music is bleh but live they have a lot of energy which makes up for bleh music, and the nostalgia trip is great.

Hear a bunch of bullshit you get fustrated by because change hurts. Hear a band that reminds you of being 16.. Good lil psychological combo.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    They never have been punk
    Check Buddha and Dude Ranch album and tell that aint punk !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    youre not seriously saying blink 182 are punk?
    dear oh dear.
    Not at the state where they are now, but as i said before, check Buddha and Dude Ranch, there we got some punkrock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Blink 182 is pop punk.

You want punk? Look at Black Flag, Bomb the Music Industry, Big D and the Kids Table, etc.

Later Blink 182 is popunk (Enema of the state and forward) Before that when they were called only Blink, they played punkrock, look at Flyswatter, Buddha, Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch

10+ Year Old Account
    im on the fence. i mean....im going to blizzcon yeah and a "free" concert is all well and i DID like blink but i havent listened to them in a good decade. i wouldnt know most of the songs and i dont wanna be that weirdo just standing there.

ill have to wait and see until im actually there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't walk across the street to watch or Blink 182 play.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    Either I'm getting reaaaalllyyyy old or Blink 182 is not popular anymore.

How can you NOT know blink 182? They were one of the most populer bands in early 2000's. They had so many hit songs, like 3 per each album. Their drummer is considered one of the best, if not the best, from that era. I mean, come on guys!

If you dont remember the band, you must remember this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ht5RZpzPqw

It was so popular and funny, it put an end to boy bands.
    That was my thought too, how are there people on here that don't know who blink 182 is.

Don't like them ok fine w/e, but don't even know who they are, damn I'm getting old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    That was my thought too, how are there people on here that don't know who blink 182 is.

Don't like them ok fine w/e, but don't even know who they are, damn I'm getting old.
    Whoever puts these blizzcon events is getting old too. Nobody listens to punk anymore. Punks not dead? Yes it is, it's dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Whoever puts these blizzcon events is getting old too. Nobody listens to punk anymore. Punks not dead? Yes it is, it's dead.
    Although the "newer" Blink is not punk, more like poppunk

Quote Originally Posted by Verjin View Post
    I mean, can't be that many punkrockers going to blizzcon? (my own thought, not a statement)
    umm I wouldnt call Blink 182 punk rock. Yeah I am sure they are classified as that. You want real punk listen to NOFX or Misfits

10+ Year Old Account
    if i were to go, blink182 aren't something that i'd be excited about. they're alright, but nothing to me like foo fighters of tenacious d. now those guys are awesome.

I'm not attending BlizzCon but if I were I would for sure go see Blink 182. I saw them in concert once and they were great.

I am honestly surprised people have not heard of them. Even my parents who are in their 60's know who they are!

I know that myself and my friend will be going for them! We will also be up there all day doing interviews and such for mmoattack.com. The host will be from Facebook.com/FourLazyGuys. Hope to see some of you this weekend!

not going to Blizzcon... And I personaly don't like Blink 182