Deleted

[BrM] Malkork DPS

Hey guys,

So i was wondering, how can i further min max my dps for Malkorok HC - i'm soloing p2 and i'm getting two tigers out (at the start of the fight and about 12 seconds after the first p2. I have put a link to last weeks kill because WoL isn't reading dps correctly or something this week, Any Help would be fantastic.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8n...?s=6905&e=7217

My armoury:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...plift/advanced

Edit: even though WoL is broken i thought i would add this weeks kill for more reference (i ended up on 350k not the number quoted by WoL)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9g...ses&boss=71454
    Last edited by mmocbf7bf77c98; 2013-11-01 at 02:03 PM.

Apart from keeping Keg smash on CD, and popping xuen after tanking P2 there's not much more you can do tbh. Considering that on a 5:12 fight (312 seconds) you could get 39 keg smashes out and you got 37 i feel that's not the issue.

Vial of living corruption is pretty useless for DPS, but i assume you either don't equip it for malkorok (as a 5:12 fight doesn't get 2 phase 2 so you don't need the reduced CD) or you simply don't have anything else at your disposal.

Also you are using a couple haste/hit gems, you could swap them for crit/hit but the gain will be REALLY minor.

TL;DR: Not much to improve as long as you don't get better gear

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just looking at armory:
    1. Get your hit to 7.5%
    2. Upgrade more of your gear to 2/2
    3. Drop some haste, most go with 4.5-6k and put the extra into crit
    4. If you're not worried about survival then get the DPS meta and drop more mastery into Crit
    5. Enchant your bracers
    6. See if you can't drop some Exp to get closer to 15% with the extra into crit.
    7. Get the Agi leg armor... will get you double the AP than Str
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Ah well, i assumed proper caps/upgrading/enchanting.

What poster above said is good advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Just looking at armory:
    1. Get your hit to 7.5%
    2. Upgrade more of your gear to 2/2
    3. Drop some haste, most go with 4.5-6k and put the extra into crit
    4. If you're not worried about survival then get the DPS meta and drop more mastery into Crit
    5. Enchant your bracers
    6. See if you can't drop some Exp to get closer to 15% with the extra into crit.
    7. Get the Agi leg armor... will get you double the AP than Str
    Ahh thats embarasing, posting on fourms then i'm not enchanted or hit capped /facedesk

Needless to say i sorted that instantly :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Vial of living corruption is pretty useless for DPS, but i assume you either don't equip it for malkorok (as a 5:12 fight doesn't get 2 phase 2 so you don't need the reduced CD) or you simply don't have anything else at your disposal.
    My only other real option other than vial is ilvl 522 RoRO and i have found that if i loose all my haste and mast in p2 i don't just get bent over and fucked untill i cry but i also have to go into full defensive mode meaning i can't really make use of the vengeance cannon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suplift View Post
    My only other real option other than vial is ilvl 522 RoRO and i have found that if i loose all my haste and mast in p2 i don't just get bent over and fucked untill i cry but i also have to go into full defensive mode meaning i can't really make use of the vengeance cannon.
    RoRo is one of, if not the, best DPS trinket for BrM currently. if you make sure to have 4 Chi and Chi Brew going into the Blood Rage you should be able to make it even if RoRo procs. You're on 10man so it should be easily doable, I can manage on 25man. Since you're not really getting the 2nd Blood Rage you can afford to drop all of our Defensive CD's after Zen Med wears off without having to worry about using them later.

Make sure you're using Xuen on the pull or to pull. I like to cast it at 1s on the timer then let it get hit once and my KS takes the agro off.

Deleted
    RoRo is one of, if not the, best DPS trinket for BrM currently. if you make sure to have 4 Chi and Chi Brew going into the Blood Rage you should be able to make it even if RoRo procs. You're on 10man so it should be easily doable, I can manage on 25man. Since you're not really getting the 2nd Blood Rage you can afford to drop all of our Defensive CD's after Zen Med wears off without having to worry about using them later.

Make sure you're using Xuen on the pull or to pull. I like to cast it at 1s on the timer then let it get hit once and my KS takes the agro off.
    Yeah i'm using zuen to pull. I never really thought about using Chi Brew because Ascension has always been my option to go for. Would the overall drop in the amount of BoK's i get be worth the change of doing slightly more damage in p2 though?

Logged in just to say that I love your Manatee sig ha!
    Oh yeah, keg smash, dps n stuff...

Equip roro.

Even with a proc you don't really need mastery to survive P2. I don't even pop CDs on our kills (granted, still normal) and even with RoRo procs i'm not in danger of dying.

Keep in mind that by solo-tanking you redirect every single bit of healing your raid would require onto you. As long as you have some CD's up (fort brew owns there so hard it's not even funny) your healers will be able to keep you up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm using zuen to pull. I never really thought about using Chi Brew because Ascension has always been my option to go for. Would the overall drop in the amount of BoK's i get be worth the change of doing slightly more damage in p2 though?
    Chi Brew there will provide you with a much bigger cushion during Blood Rages. It should go w/o saying but during Blood Rage you're job is to PB the damage off, not do DPS. It also lets you start with 2 Chi to get stagger going right away and have EB up for first spawn of adds.

Make sure if you're using Xuen to pull that you're getting agro before Xuen dies. I've noticed it takes 2 hits to kill Xuen on 25H, on 10H I'm sure Xuen would survive a little more.

If you're good on stagger throughout the fight then toss on a Breath when the adds are in front of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Keep in mind that by solo-tanking you redirect every single bit of healing your raid would require onto you. As long as you have some CD's up (fort brew owns there so hard it's not even funny) your healers will be able to keep you up.
    The point of PB + CDs + Mast is that you shoudn't really need healing in p2, your staggering ~72% of the damage.

- - - Updated - - -

It should go w/o saying but during Blood Rage you're job is to PB the damage off, not do DPS.
    Yeah i know bro, like I said we have killed him, we have him on farm mostly (still rotating new people in for gear etc.) I'm turning my attention to min maxing my dps more for fun than anything.

I will look into CB though but I still think that by not having ascension i will loose out of to many BoK's through out the fight for it to be worth it

The biggest dps increase you'll see with Malkorok is simply solo tanking the entire fight both p1 and p2 - that will more than double your overall vengeance throughout the fight, more or less, and have the same effect on your dps. However, it'd be somewhat tricky surviving blood rage with around +600% damage taken without some decent mastery.

If you're not able to solo tank, you can at least overlap the +dmg debuff (taunt at 3 sec left or so) so that you end up with higher +dmg taken for each successive time you're tanking. This will probably up your dps by about 30-50%.

Either of these solutions is, in my best estimates, about 15-50 times more effective than any gear finagling you could possibly do.

Tank damage is all about strategy/vengeance abuse and has very, very little to do with gearing direction or insignificant talent decisions.

Deleted
    I'm a relatively 'wet behind the ears' BrM and - seeing as it was mentioned here- i'd like to know why you pull with Xuen? I thought we're meant to pop him when we've got high vengeance? Or will he dynamically update with vengeance? Atm i have his Provoke toggled off (so that he doesn't get munched) and is just a DPS cd. How else can i use Xuen?

The point of PB + CDs + Mast is that you shoudn't really need healing in p2, your staggering ~72% of the damage.
    And that's exactly why a RoRo proc won't kill you. You will need a bit of healing, but if you warn your healers there will be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Morzlok View Post
    I'm a relatively 'wet behind the ears' BrM and - seeing as it was mentioned here- i'd like to know why you pull with Xuen? I thought we're meant to pop him when we've got high vengeance? Or will he dynamically update with vengeance? Atm i have his Provoke toggled off (so that he doesn't get munched) and is just a DPS cd. How else can i use Xuen?
    You get vengeance due to xuen being hit, also by getting him to pull he soaks some stacks of the debuff so you don't take too much damage