Thread: Shooting at LAX

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    They serve the state. That's enough of a reason.
    You must be another "pissed off patriot". The people that the shooter listened to and read on the internet are the same ones you read, conservative entertainers who stoke polarization and fear because there is something missing in your life.

This is the inevitable result of conservative pundits on the radio and internet who cheer for people who rail against "statists".

You are a traitor, you believe in a country that has NEVER EXISTED.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You must be another "pissed off patriot". The people that the shooter listened to and read on the internet are the same ones you read, conservative entertainers who stoke polarization and fear because there is something missing in your life.

This is the inevitable result of conservative pundits on the radio and internet who cheer for people who rail against "statists".

You are a traitor, you believe in a country that has NEVER EXISTED.
    But I'm not a conservative nor do I listen to them. Nor am I a patriot.

They are as much for "big government" as any democrat, only with a differing focus.

15+ Year Old Account
    But I'm not a conservative nor do I listen to them. Nor am I a patriot.

They are as much for "big government" as any democrat, only with a differing focus.
    So you are not a conservative, what are you? Libertarian? Anarcho-capitalist? Or any other fake ideology and dogma I have missed?

You are not a patriot? Good for you, hopefully next time you will be able to voice your support of the death of a public servant in public, if you feel so strongly about it. No? Then you are a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So you are not a conservative, what are you? Libertarian? Anarcho-capitalist? Or any other fake ideology and dogma I have missed?

You are not a patriot? Good for you, hopefully next time you will be able to voice your support of the death of a public servant in public, if you feel so strongly about it. No? Then you are a troll.
    I prefer not to label myself, but do explain what makes those ideologies "fake." At least with those ideologies, the ethics are consistent, which is more than can be said for the so-called "real" ideologies put into full force by the murican political elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Shooting up a bunch of TSA agents is not the way to go about changing air port security.
    No indeed. I'm an advocate of very small federal government with only a few constitutionally prescribed roles. Airport security is NOT one of them.

But all government programs - the TSA included - are never temporary no matter how much they claim they will be. Government programs once started will stay around forever, constantly expanding, constantly consuming a larger and larger budget, constantly snatching at more and more power and influence. The TSA (like Obamacare and so many other Federal programs) should never have been allowed to exist. But now it is there, and I frankly don't think that it will so much as ever get 0.01% smaller, let alone get disbanded like it should be.

It's nice to say that if you vote for the 'right people' that some day the TSA will be reformed. But I see no evidence of that happening. The one political affiliation in the United States that is really pushing for serious cuts anywhere is the Tea Party - and you can't even say their name without neolibs, leftists, and establishment GOP hissing like vampires in garlic soup. There's no way in Hades either the GOP or the Democrats would ever so much as cut one penny from the Federal budget without a fight that would make Ragnarok look like a game of patty-cake.

They serve the state. That's enough of a reason.
    To be clear:

Are you saying that those who serve the state deserve to be murdered?

If so, what is the state doing that makes their murder justifiable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
    To be clear:

Are you saying that those who serve the state deserve to be murdered?

If so, what is the state doing that makes their murder justifiable?

If the logic is applied consistently then he/she must think all state workers should be killed. It's too hard to not believe Arcanist is a troll, because I can think of no cultural reasons or common ideologies that would support such an action.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    If the logic is applied consistently then he/she must think all state workers should be killed. It's too hard to not believe Arcanist is a troll, because I can think of no cultural reasons or common ideologies that would support such an action.
    I do not think they should be killed because I simply do not care. I am wholly indifferent to whether they live or die, encouraging neither.

Though I do consider each incident to be a small victory against an intractable enemy which will in all likelihood never be defeated. If its servants live in fear, then that's good enough for me. Perhaps people will think twice before volunteering to offer their services.

But when they do freely offer their services, they are aware of the risks but well compensated. Security, especially.

My sympathy levels are at zero.

I am wholly indifferent to whether they live or die...

Though I do consider each incident to be a small victory...

they are aware of the risks but well compensated. Security, especially.
    You should understand that you can't play it both ways. You don't get to say you're indifferent, then call murder a victory. Clearly you do care, you just don't have the guts to say out loud that you are glad that this man was murdered.

Oh, and when you remark that they're "well compensated" you show your level of ignorance. The average TSO on an airport checkpoint is part-time, and makes about $14 an hour. Oh, and they aren't allowed to seek outside employment.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
    You should understand that you can't play it both ways. You don't get to say you're indifferent, then call murder a victory. Clearly you do care, you just don't have the guts to say out loud that you are glad that this man was murdered.

Oh, and when you remark that they're "well compensated" you show your level of ignorance. The average TSO on an airport checkpoint is part-time, and makes about $14 an hour. Oh, and they aren't allowed to seek outside employment.
    Sure I can, because I'm neutral. It's possible to say that something is good or bad without being personally involved in the effort. Like, I know that the murican state will never fall, so any resistance at this point in time is futile. I accept that and try to distance myself as much as humanly possible. But I can still say that the death of a state representative is a good thing.

Also, $14 an hour puts him, personally, well above the poverty line and in a better position that millions of working poor people. He was well compensated for his "efforts."

I hopped off the plane at L.A.X. with a dream and my cardigan

Sure I can, because I'm neutral.

Though I do consider each incident to be a small victory

Though I do consider each incident to be a small victory
    Just posted that one quote twice since the one time previous wasn't enough. By your own words you said that this murder was a victory. You are not neutral because you believe that one side can be victorious through murder.

He was well compensated for his "efforts."
    And this is the part where I destroy your argument about compensation for TSOs. The average TSO makes about $14 an hour, and is part-time. Typically, they work 5 shifts a week at 5 hours a shift, which is 25 hours a week. The average TSO makes about $1350 a month. I know Wyoming is cheap, but in most cities that is not much money to survive each month.

I hope that the anger inside you (which pushes you to root for murder) subsides someday.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    A & B are in conflict. A is an intractable, oppressive opponent and B retaliates the only way it can: by the of killing A's representative. Observer C witnesses the incident and while privately pleased by B's actions (because B doesn't like authoritarian societies), is otherwise uninvolved with A & B, and lends neither side time, support or approval. C has no stake in the conflict.

Is C on B's side?

Anyway. What were his other employment options? I bet not very good, if he opted for a part time job at $14 an hour over all of his other options. Well compensated in comparison to those, in any case.

A & B are in conflict. A is an intractable, oppressive opponent and B retaliates the only way it can: by the of killing A's representative. Observer C witnesses the incident and while privately pleased by B's actions (because B doesn't like authoritarian societies), is otherwise uninvolved with A & B, and lends neither side time, support or approval. C has no stake in the conflict.

Is C on B's side?

Anyway. What were his other employment options? I bet not very good, if he opted for a part time job at $14 an hour over all of his other options. Well compensated in comparison to those, in any case.
    You've yet to notice your biggest mistake. Throughout your whole tirade here, the person who died is merely a "representative" or a "servant". What I am saying is that the person who died, whether or not they worked for an organization you disagree with (hint: said organisation is not nearly as horrendous as you would like to think they are), is still a PERSON. You do not know this person at all. Did he have a family he was providing for? Had he ever committed any sort of injustice himself? You don't know any of these things. You have picked a person, you do not even know this person's name, and you have decided that he deserves to DIE because he worked for the government. That makes you incredibly....naive....to say the least.

I do not think they should be killed because I simply do not care. I am wholly indifferent to whether they live or die, encouraging neither.

Though I do consider each incident to be a small victory against an intractable enemy which will in all likelihood never be defeated. If its servants live in fear, then that's good enough for me. Perhaps people will think twice before volunteering to offer their services.

But when they do freely offer their services, they are aware of the risks but well compensated. Security, especially.

My sympathy levels are at zero.
    You ever going to move to Canada?

I'd love to pass the burden of existing in the same country as you onto someone else as quickly as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    That makes you incredibly....naive....to say the least.
    Nah. It makes him edgy. He has to be careful not to cut someone in his everyday life.