Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Ogres don't really need a city, they can simply get a district like the Goblins and Worgen got. No need to design a big ass city that no one is going to use.

Customization could also involve 1 or 2 eyes, different kinds of horns, tusks, face, piercings, maybe even beard.
    They could also make their home city a location in the new leveling zones rather than waste content like the goblin and worgen starting zones. It would require either starting the character at a higher level, or having a portal back to an older city for them to hop through after an introductory quest line; both seem likely. Thinking about it, I'm not really sure why Blizzard hasn't used new race starting areas as the central hub for expansions before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Ogres seems to be a strong probability for the horde.

Arakkoa for the Alliance as one of these helped the Alliance expedition.

Slightly off topic, but... what if...Ogre Paladins?...! There needs to be one new horde race for paladins for sure.
    So long as only one head is paladin I guess that's fine. I'd hate to have them be completely good.

I vote for 2 headed ogre paladins..

I vote for something completely new.... we are going to Dreanor, so give us something we've never seen.
    I am still going for a demon-like race!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Thinking about it, I'm not really sure why Blizzard hasn't used new race starting areas as the central hub for expansions before.
    Probably because of technical conditions like server lag. It would be an unpleasant experience to log in as level 1 and have lots of high level characters roaming around.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Why the hell would I want to play Arakkoa or an Ogre? I'd much rather play a High Elf in the Alliance, not some stupid bird garbage.

Speak for yourself. Your opinion isn't everyone else's.

Neither is yours. He, at least, has some basis. What do High Elves add that we don't have yet?

NOTHING

- They don't have any distinct look. At all. They're recolored Blood Elves.

- They don't have any distinct culture because they are so assimilated into the human culture that they may as well be the same species.

- They don't even have a unique mount. A horse with a horn. We can even already get unicorns. They are also white Zhevras.

They add nothing new, so why add them at all? They bring with them only problems. Why try to differentiate a race that has no differences just to add them, when you have an arsenal of unique, sentient species to choose from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Arakkoa Pallies? They have connections to a Naaru, A'dal.
    There are also Talon Lords, NPCs in Setthek Halls who use paladin spells, while having no connection to actual Holy Light. They could be a Sunwalker-like deal of a "paladin by mechanics only".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking ogres are the most likely candidate for a new horde player race.

Alliance is a bit trickier, but here's my list for what I'd like to see
    In order from "Hell YES!" to "Aw hell no!":
    Drakonid (scales and badassitude, the alliance needs this in my opinion)
    Naga (same as drakonid, but made tricky with no legs)
    Ethereals (could be cool)
    Arakkoa (meh, but better than the last two)
    Furbolgs (don't need a 2nd bear/human mashup, let alone a 4th mammal/human mashup)
    High Elves (BEs with caucasian skin & blue eyes... yawn)
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I'm thinking ogres are the most likely candidate for a new horde player race.

Alliance is a bit trickier, but here's my list for what I'd like to see
    In order from "Hell YES!" to "Aw hell no!":
    Drakonid (scales and badassitude, the alliance needs this in my opinion)
    Naga (same as drakonid, but made tricky with no legs)
    Ethereals (could be cool)
    Arakkoa (meh, but better than the last two)
    Furbolgs (don't need a 2nd bear/human mashup, let alone a 4th mammal/human mashup)
    High Elves (BEs with caucasian skin & blue eyes... yawn)
    My opinions on your list (in your order):
    - Drakonid (I could live with this if they gave a good lore reason.)
    - Naga (The Alliance hate the naga more than demons. Yes. MORE THAN DEMONS. The Night Elves would leave if the Naga joined up with Ally, for sure.)
    - Ethereals (I could live with this if they gave a good enough reason.)
    - Arakkoa (Race of my choice. Interesting lore, interesting society, interesting design.)
    - Furbolgs (We already have pandaren, a furbolg offshoot. We don't need more BEARS.)
    - High Elves. (GTFO.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    There are also Talon Lords, NPCs in Setthek Halls who use paladin spells, while having no connection to actual Holy Light. They could be a Sunwalker-like deal of a "paladin by mechanics only".
    That's what I was thinking. Also the Arakkoa don't like demons, so they need another class instead of warlock to at least balance them out with 8 classes in total.

-Shaman
    -Paladin
    -Warrior
    -Rogue
    -Hunter
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Monk or Druid

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    My opinions on your list (in your order):
    - Drakonid (I could live with this if they gave a good lore reason.)
    - Naga (The Alliance hate the naga more than demons. Yes. MORE THAN DEMONS. The Night Elves would leave if the Naga joined up with Ally, for sure.)
    - Ethereals (I could live with this if they gave a good enough reason.)
    - Arakkoa (Race of my choice. Interesting lore, interesting society, interesting design.)
    - Furbolgs (We already have pandaren, a furbolg offshoot. We don't need more BEARS.)
    - High Elves. (GTFO.)

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was thinking. Also the Arakkoa don't like demons, so they need another class instead of warlock to at least balance them out with 8 classes in total.

-Shaman
    -Paladin
    -Warrior
    -Rogue
    -Hunter
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Monk or Druid
    The Arakkoa are interesting, yeah, but so are many races. If we're focusing on Outland, my race of choice is probably The Broken. While Arakkoa are fun and birdmen are great...I don't know; the idea of Akama gets me excited, as well as a new stealthy class with the possibility of tanking (see: Warden via The Broken). We freed Akama's tie to Illidan in TBC, and haven't heard from him since. The Broken are a perfect counterpart to Draenei, if only because they can be added to the Horde on the one idea of Draenei hate them.

Honestly, I have a whole conspiracy revolving Akama and The Broken. Starting with his pledge (via wiki) "The Light will fill these dismal halls once again. I swear it.", and revolving around a Warlords of Draenor theme. What better Warlord than a once-Draenei (foreshadowed via Outland being once Draenor), turned by fel energies, and then freed again, and who is now swearing back to the Holy Light? He's badass. Not only that, I believe The Black Temple will become a new hub of some sort one day, with it being The Broken's home city, via Akama's declaration.

Longshot? Sure. Viable? I think so. Akama is one of those characters you kind of know about, have seen in WC3 (and DotA, haha), and wonder why he's given a loading screen for Outland (alongside Maiev). I think the developers, during Cataclysm, said "We're going to put this here and see if anyone will notice that Akama and Maiev will be important soon."

Here's hoping!
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-06 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    The Arakkoa are interesting, yeah, but so are many races. If we're focusing on Outland, my race of choice is probably The Broken. While Arakkoa are fun and birdmen are great...I don't know; the idea of Akama gets me excited, as well as a new stealthy class with the possibility of tanking (see: Warden via The Broken). We freed Akama's tie to Illidan in TBC, and haven't heard from him since. The Broken are a perfect counterpart to Draenei, if only because they can be added to the Horde on the one idea of Draenei hate them.

Honestly, I have a whole conspiracy revolving Akama and The Broken. Starting with his pledge (via wiki) "The Light will fill these dismal halls once again. I swear it.", and revolving around a Warlords of Draenor theme. What better Warlord than a once-Draenei (foreshadowed via Outland being once Draenor), turned by fel energies, and then freed again, and who is now swearing back to the Holy Light? He's badass. Not only that, I believe The Black Temple will become a new hub of some sort one day, with it being The Broken's home city, via Akama's declaration.

Longshot? Sure. Viable? I think so. Akama is one of those characters you kind of know about, have seen in WC3 (and DotA, haha), and wonder why he's given a loading screen for Outland (alongside Maiev). I think the developers, during Cataclysm, said "We're going to put this here and see if anyone will notice that Akama and Maiev will be important soon."

Here's hoping!
    But The Broken are the draenei without the light. It's the draenei. I really couldn't justify having them on the Alliance unless they introduced a sub race system.
    I wouldn't want to play them and I don't know too many people that would want to. It's not that I don't think they're cool, it's just I would feel I was getting another rehash. Akama's lore is cool, but I think most people are perfectly fine with them being an NPC race.

PM if you add me!

I really couldn't justify having them on the Alliance unless they introduced a sub race system.
    Which they have stated is something they are working on with the model update.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Which they have stated is something they are working on with the model update.
    Really? Where? :3

PM if you add me!

But The Broken are the draenei without the light. It's the draenei. I really couldn't justify having them on the Alliance unless they introduced a sub race system.
    I wouldn't want to play them and I don't know too many people that would want to. It's not that I don't think they're cool, it's just I would feel I was getting another rehash. Akama's lore is cool, but I think most people are perfectly fine with them being an NPC race.
    I was referring to them as a Horde race only, honestly, and not a neutral race. I know they're without the light, but that creates an entire storyline of seeking to restore the light to the race. The whole idea would be ridding themselves of Fel energies to become Draenei (or better than Draenei, haha) once again, seeking the Light, as per Akama's claim. With that ideal, even the Alliance would accept them.

I don't think they can be classified as Draenei, just as Blood Elves and Night Elves are distinct from one another. It's like a greater version of the Fel Orc, because not only were The Broken transformed, but they were stripped of The Light and given other abilities such as stealth.

On another note, if we are to be fighting the Burning Legion, you'd think we'd want to know as much about them as possible. Imagine a race that is infused with the same energy as they, how nice it would be to fight Fel Fire with Fel Fire, whereas now we only have a class (Warlock). The deeper understandings will come to light.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-06 at 02:22 PM.

Really? Where? :3
    I was sure it was in the model update though it appears that I might be wrong... Sorry.

What I could find was only this:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/24/ch...k-25-complete/

And this that mentions sub races though it's only the wow insider crew. -.-
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/16/th...ago/#continued

So yea! Nevermind me I'm just gonna go over in the corner and cry...

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I was referring to them as a Horde race only, honestly, and not a neutral race. I know they're without the light, but that creates an entire storyline of seeking to restore the light to the race. The whole idea would be ridding themselves of Fel energies to become Draenei (or better then Draenei, haha) once again, seeking the Light, as per Akama's claim. With that ideal, even the Alliance would accept them.

I don't think they can be classified as Draenei, just as Blood Elves and Night Elves are distinct from one another. It's like a greater version of the Fel Orc, because not only were The Broken transformed, but they were stripped of The Light and given other abilities such as stealth.

On another note, if we are to be fighting the Burning Legion, you'd think we'd want to know as much about them as possible. Imagine a race that is infused with the same energy as they, how nice it would be to fight Fel Fire with Fel Fire, whereas now we only have a class (Warlock). The deeper understandings will come to light.
    But the Broken are the same draenei that suffered from the Orcs. Remember Akama was once a great Draenei who took care of the Black Temple. When the Orcs desecrated it, they killed his friends and family. He doesn't care for the orcs, but will let bygones be bygones. Regardless, that doesn't mean he's fully forgiven them for what they've done.

They are still considered "one of the Draenei" because the Draenei still accept them in their race. Sort of how the Mag'har accept the fel corrupted (playable) orcs still. Technically they are the Broken, but young draenei still take their advice and listen to them as members of their society.

Personally, what it sounds you are talking about is a DEMON HUNTER, which is the class that fights fire with fire, not Wardens.

The mysterious wardens serve as the night elves' special police force in Kalimdor. They are elite members of the Watchers, the jailers and marshals of night elf society. Set apart from the militant Sentinels, wardens are usually employed as jailors, assassins, and bounty hunters.
    Maiev was first to be given the rank of warden, which she later awarded to a select few who had proven their exceptional fighting abilities, tracking skills, and tenacity.
    When loosed upon escaped criminals, wardens employ a number of supernatural powers that enable them to recapture their prey and mete out the night elves' justice. Wardens have a line of sight teleport ability called "blink," which they can use to outmaneuver even the quickest of foes.
    They're female only. And they HATE fel energy and would never dare to use it. In fact, they the ones that usually go out and track down and KILL demon hunters for using fel energy.

Demon Hunters:
    Demon hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by the greater night elf society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it. These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity. They wield demonically charged warblades in battle and even call upon demonic energies to augment their formidable combat skills. Although they are counted as some of the mightiest warriors within the night elves' society, the demon hunters are always maligned and misunderstood for making their selfless pact with darkness.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-11-06 at 02:28 PM.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    I was sure it was in the model update though it appears that I might be wrong... Sorry.

What I could find was only this:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/24/ch...k-25-complete/

And this that mentions sub races though it's only the wow insider crew. -.-
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/16/th...ago/#continued

So yea! Nevermind me I'm just gonna go over in the corner and cry...

It was mentioned on Twitter. Not sure who it was (I think either Kosak or GC), but they said that it was an idea, but it's not one they are working on right now or the foreseeable future. So basically a "we'll see".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It was mentioned on Twitter. Not sure who it was (I think either Kosak or GC), but they said that it was an idea, but it's not one they are working on right now or the foreseeable future. So basically a "we'll see".
    Ah that might be where I've seen it then and then just mixed it up with all the other nonsens that's going on. >_>

But thanks!

But the Broken are the same draenei that suffered from the Orcs. Remember Akama was once a great Draenei who took care of the Black Temple. When the Orcs desecrated it, they killed his friends and family. He doesn't care for the orcs, but will let bygones be bygones. Regardless, that doesn't mean he's fully forgiven them for what they've done.

They are still considered "one of the Draenei" because the Draenei still accept them in their race. Sort of how the Mag'har accept the fel corrupted (playable) orcs still. Technically they are the Broken, but young draenei still take their advice and listen to them as members of their society.

Personally, what it sounds you are talking about is a DEMON HUNTER, which is the class that fights fire with fire, not Wardens.

They're female only. And they HATE fel energy and would never dare to use it. In fact, they the ones that usually go out and track down and KILL demon hunters for using fel energy.
    I believe the situation with the Orcs would be resolved starting from their involvement in helping Akama become free of his tie to Illidan. I'm not talking about Demon Hunters. Wardens are not female only. I only like the idea of Wardens, because playing Maiev in DotA is fun (blink strike, poison, super damage, etc.!) and the idea behind the class may be a more agile tank than we have now as well as a cool new melee endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwiki, Warden
    Many wardens are women, though not all of them.
    Not only that, but Wardens would incorporate things we haven't really thought of to include. Can't they blink? Can't they tank? I only included them because I find it easy to add them as a class, but ONLY if we get a good Maiev storyline too. If you're keen on lore, you know that Maiev was driven away after being stationed in Darnassus over the Watchers and going mad. In the time prior to that, she would have trained people as Wardens which would have spread. Now mad, she is a great antagonist to reintroduce if Outland is back in full swing.

I don't really want Wardens as a new class. I've always loved them, but never found them 'new class material'. What I do want, however, is a future warrior or rogue tier (since they are a lot like a mix between the two) modeled to look like Maiev's Warden armor. With a fitting Umbra Crescent weapon (the ring/circular blade) dropping from the raid or dungeon. Night elf-themed raid or dungeon with weapons, armor and tier sets based on Night Elf armor? Sentinel Armor, Priestess of the Moon armor, Huntress armor and Warden armor?

Anyway.. like:

Not only that, but Wardens would incorporate things we haven't really thought of to include. Can't they blink? Can't they tank? I only included them because I find it easy to add them as a class, but ONLY if we get a good Maiev storyline too. If you're keen on lore, you know that Maiev was driven away after being stationed in Darnassus over the Watchers and going mad. In the time prior to that, she would have trained people as Wardens which would have spread. Now mad, she is a great antagonist to reintroduce if Outland is back in full swing.
    I never, ever liked Maiev. Her whole character arc culminated in a cheap ending and a cheap existence. Hell, I wasn't even comfortable with her "helping us" fight Illidan. She's supposed to be a warden and police. If she solely felt she existed for Illidan, that's a very, very weak character. She also never struck me as a character I would go "Hey, I'd like to play a class just like that". That's just my opinion though. I don't speak for everyone.

Off topic, but...
    Also, I wasn't comfortable with fighting Illidan and felt that the whole BC story was a cheap, lame cop out for the most part. (I pretty much skipped the expansion. It felt very weak to me.). WotLK was much better and I've always felt that way. Even the "There must always be a Lich King" didn't bother me as much as killing Illidan, who I had always seen as an interesting antihero to balance out the one dimensional hero goody-two-shoes alliance characters like Malfurion.

PM if you add me!