Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    *rubs temples* They didn't write a strong female, they wrote a whiny teenage bitch.
    A strong female is the leader of the Vigil from GW2.

Oh, and look, Jaina had similar development. She went crazy-psycho-bitch mode and killed a bunch of folks.
    I didn't claim her as strong, that was someone else. I'm okay with her being crazy and not strong-willed. Maiev is strong physically and an amazing fighter, someone who would be fun to fight and has plotlines tied to her. Crazy drives stories and creates drama. Without crazy, things are boring. If women are written to be crazy and drive stories in WoW, I'm perfectly fine with that. Especially if they look as badass as Maiev...

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I didn't claim her as strong, that was someone else. I'm okay with her being crazy and not strong-willed. Maiev is strong physically and an amazing fighter, someone who would be fun to fight and has plotlines tied to her. Crazy drives stories and creates drama. Without crazy, things are boring. If women are written to be crazy and drive stories in WoW, I'm perfectly fine with that. Especially if they look as badass as Maiev...
    I'm fine with having a crazy bitch in the story, but every bitch goes crazy in WoW. That's my problem with it.
    Sylvannas went crazy. Her sister went crazy. Jaina went crazy. Onyxia went crazy. Sinestra went crazy.
    And for that matter, every villain goes crazy too. Why can't we have a completely sane villain who is just evil and has interesting reasons for that besides crazy?

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    There is no new race or class.
    We are getting complete new models for all races but goblins and worgen. Believe me, it will change enough.
    So you want me to believe that this article is a complete red herring? http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/24/ch...k-25-complete/

I wouldn't put it past blizz to do that. Though I hardly think so that's why I firmly believe in either the Arakkoa/Ogre or something different.
    Also in the same article they mention that they are going to send the new models out in waves so that the fanbase wont just cry.

Oh the laughs I'm going to have friday as every single one is going to yell about something. Especially those who have said that there wont be a new race and/or class.
    Last edited by Micromadsen; 2013-11-06 at 03:54 PM.

I'm fine with having a crazy bitch in the story, but every bitch goes crazy in WoW. That's my problem with it.
    Sylvannas went crazy. Her sister went crazy. Jaina went crazy. Onyxia went crazy. Sinestra went crazy.
    And for that matter, every villain goes crazy too. Why can't we have a completely sane villain who is just evil and has interesting reasons for that besides crazy?
    I'm sure there are some, but insanity is an easily used tool, obviously. Lady Vashj, maybe? Pretty sure she just chose to follow Illidan. I don't equate that to crazy, but a choice to be evil.

I would actually argue that Sargeras didn't go crazy to become evil, one of the biggest villains, but just saw the worst parts of the world too long and gave in to depression. He was tainted in a way and influenced, but I wouldn't say he went crazy.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-06 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    There is no new race or class.
    We are getting complete new models for all races but goblins and worgen. Believe me, it will change enough.
    Can't believe I have to repeat this so many times. No, the new character models are in no way in focus and doesn't in no way stand in the way of anything, it's a side thing Blizzard is making and isn't regularly being worked on. They constantly stress this, but people refuse to listen. Plus, only the Dwarf, Orc and Human models are seemingly complete, they could potentially be released alongside the expansion, but the models can't sell an expansion.

And no, it won't change much, your character will still be wrapped up in armor and will be overshadow by all the numbers on your screen, not to mention the zoom distance will also make it hardly noticable. The only thing it'll change is when you're just about to log in and whenever you're bored in the main city. It is never going stand in the way of actual new content.

Omg is there an upvote function on this site. Cause MasterOfKnees is right. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone thought about any silly emotes, or flirt ones for Ogres? :P
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Can't believe I have to repeat this so many times. No, the new character models are in no way in focus and doesn't in no way stand in the way of anything, it's a side thing Blizzard is making and isn't regularly being worked on.

And no, it won't change much, your character will still be wrapped up in armor and will be overshadow by all the numbers on your screen, not to mention the zoom distance will also make it hardly noticable. The only thing it'll change is when you're just about to log in and whenever you're bored in the main city. It should never stand in the way of actual new content.
    Personally, I can't wait to have my vanilla characters look cool because I'm a roleplayer and care about how my character looks...
    But I agree with this. It's a side project and they are actively working on it. And I'm happy it's remaining that way. We will see them eventually.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    why do the races need to exist on Draenor?
    I mean Ethereals could be responsible for the construction of the time travel device - which is a nice plot device.
    The construction area of said time travel device could be in Ogre territory which displaced them - which again is a nice plot device.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Can't believe I have to repeat this so many times. No, the new character models are in no way in focus and doesn't in no way stand in the way of anything, it's a side thing Blizzard is making and isn't regularly being worked on. They constantly stress this, but people refuse to listen. Plus, only the Dwarf, Orc and Human models are seemingly complete, they could potentially be released alongside the expansion, but the models can't sell an expansion.

And no, it won't change much, your character will still be wrapped up in armor and will be overshadow by all the numbers on your screen, not to mention the zoom distance will also make it hardly noticable. The only thing it'll change is when you're just about to log in and whenever you're bored in the main city. It is never going stand in the way of actual new content.
    Awesome post and it should be added, that I remember reading they are working on 2 expansions ahead at all times arent they? Warlords races/classes/etc were set in stone ages ago because the introduction of them effects the game and expansion immensely.
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

time travel expansion?
    brown orcs for alliance
    corrupted draenei for horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcish View Post
    I have no idea what I would like to see for the Alliance, but for the Horde; ogres would fit well.
    Well considering we have another Ogre fan! I cant wait to try them out for so long. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aventhos View Post
    Also though i love ogres, wouldnt these just be too big?
    I would love Ogres to, but you know most of them are known to be smaller than Tauren or larger. So the playable race would be a good size with Tauren and even Clefthooves would be awesome for them as well. I wouldn't mind to if the Ogres had their mounts larger for when they used them just like the Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    Would prefer Ogres(it has to happen at one point) and Ethereals to be the new playable races. Ethereals look REALLY good.
    Indeed, and Ethereal is good to be neutral. What will happen to the reforge things they have in both cities when they pick sides?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes both of them are objectively weak female characters. Whenever they write a 'strong' female character, they miss the point entirely.
    Strong women aren't crazy bitches!
    to be fair most the male characters are total f*ck ups too. so in that respect the sexes are pretty even, which is a sort of fairness,

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

No ogres please.. they look hideous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Indeed, and Ethereal is good to be neutral. What will happen to the reforge things they have in both cities when they pick sides?
    Not all Goblins are horde now, you can still go to Ratchet and Booty Bay and cooperate with neutral goblins there

A specific sub-group of any neutral races could theoretically pick one side of the A/H, and the rest of the race could still be neutral

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Well considering we have another Ogre fan! I cant wait to try them out for so long. :P

I would love Ogres to, but you know most of them are known to be smaller than Tauren or larger. So the playable race would be a good size with Tauren and even Clefthooves would be awesome for them as well. I wouldn't mind to if the Ogres had their mounts larger for when they used them just like the Tauren.

Ogres are too derpy looking. And derpy in general. My mind comes up with a big blue or yellowish guy in a loincloth, or sub-par leather armor and an axe, like those in Nagrand or something. I mean, they're definitely ingrained enough to be a race, but why now? What's the background for incorporating them now? If we're getting them as a new race, that means we're centralizing some story around them. What story are we getting, and who is the mover of it? Rexxar? I'm okay with Rexxar, but his ogre involvement isn't very prominent. Who else is there? Ogri'la? o.O

if we'll ever get the missing WC2 races (ogres and high elves), the best time to do so would be on a "WC2 expansion"

so if we get new races, my bet is on those.

I don't really care about getting any new race besides the naga, though
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'll just be happy if all races have new models at expansion launch, instead of new classes or races. It's way, WAY over due.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    to be fair most the male characters are total f*ck ups too. so in that respect the sexes are pretty even, which is a sort of fairness,
    True, true. Every man who is a villain goes all "crazy bastard" too. :I

- - - Updated - - -

Ogres are too derpy looking. And derpy in general. My mind comes up with a big blue or yellowish guy in a loincloth, or sub-par leather armor and an axe, like those in Nagrand or something. I mean, they're definitely ingrained enough to be a race, but why now? What's the background for incorporating them now? If we're getting them as a new race, that means we're centralizing some story around them. What story are we getting, and who is the mover of it? Rexxar? I'm okay with Rexxar, but his ogre involvement isn't very prominent. Who else is there? Ogri'la? o.O
    DERPY? I beg to differ!

Brackenwall ogres have been part of the Horde for quite a while now.

PM if you add me!

True, true. Every man who is a villain goes all "crazy bastard" too. :I

- - - Updated - - -

DERPY? I beg to differ!

Brackenwall ogres have been part of the Horde for quite a while now.
    Of course some are cool looking. You can beg to differ, but showing me a picture of one or two ogres who stand out won't change my mental image of them. It's a fact they're derpy, hahaha. I can single out Ogri'la or small clans, but I'd still want a storyline backup. What is the reason for adding Ogres to the racial selection now, vs. earlier? I can come up with one via Draenor, last remnants of giants of Draenor, etc. but can you? :P But let's not forget..."To this day, most ogres hate orcs with a passion, remembering the wars they fought against each other."
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-11-06 at 04:31 PM.

Of course some are cool looking. You can beg to differ, but showing me a picture of one or two ogres who stand out won't change my mental image of them. It's a fact they're derpy, hahaha. I can single out Ogri'la or small clans, but I'd still want a storyline backup. What is the reason for adding Ogres to the racial selection now, vs. earlier? I can come up with one via Draenor, last remnants of giants of Draenor, etc. but can you? :P But let's not forget..."To this day, most ogres hate orcs with a passion, remembering the wars they fought against each other."
    Let's not forget the Draenei were retconned.
    Let's not forget that Worgen were never a friendly race ever.
    Let's not forget that the Undead were the enemies of everybody.
    Let's not forget that Goblins were supposedly completely neutral.

Your point?

PM if you add me!