Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Updated player models.
    As slow going as those have been, it stands to reason that they have been working on additional ones secretly.

I going to guess none in favor of the roll out of new characters models across the lifetime of the new expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    New races.
    New spec.
    Redo to crafting/trade skills
    Enhancements to Reforge/Transmog
    Half New Player Models by end of expansion.
    My honest expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    How much exactly could they polish the ogre model so it doesn't look like a fat turd ?!

I seriously doubt ogres are more popular than naga or ethereals.
    i didnt say that, but if its an expansion based around draenor in the past it makes more sense then naga or ethereal since the naga were still under the sea and the ethereal didnt arrive until shortly before bc after it blew up.

and if you need to see how much of a difference they could make look at some of the old goblin models
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    I going to guess none in favor of the roll out of new characters models across the lifetime of the new expac.
    If they're going to stagger it anyway, I don't care how long it takes if there is progress.

How much exactly could they polish the ogre model so it doesn't look like a fat turd ?!

I seriously doubt ogres are more popular than naga or ethereals.
    They are behind only Ethereals, usually battling it out evenly with Nagas in polls, it's usually different which one of those win in the different polls. Neither of those races have a big chance at making it this expansion (Ethereals possibly if they pull something out of their asses,) and neither of them would take the Horde spot either. It's Ogres for Horde or no new races, it's that obvious. People have wanted them for a long time, and a lot of people actually think they look cool. But hey, I can sense you don't understand other people have opinions, so yeah.

I'm not sure when the standard of the Horde races became being pretty either. Being a fat turd is the charm of the Ogres, and it's what would make them fit well with the Horde too. The Horde isn't all pretty, unless you're in the Silvermoon part of it.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-01 at 11:09 PM.

Horde - Ogres
    Arrakoa - Alliance

would be sweet to get Red orcs sub race for horde and eredar red draenei for alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Ogres have been one of the most requested races after TBC first introduced new races. They are very popular, and furthermore they're absolutely beautiful.
    Not going to lie, I don't like the Ogres that much aesthetically, but they are a really interesting race that should have been with us since the start.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i didnt say that, but if its an expansion based around draenor in the past it makes more sense then naga or ethereal since the naga were still under the sea and the ethereal didnt arrive until shortly before bc after it blew up.

and if you need to see how much of a difference they could make look at some of the old goblin models
    Yes, it would make sense, however it must also be something that players would be interested in playing, otherwise it's not worth the bother.

The goblin old and new model is essentially the same, just better textures and more animations. Ogres look like crap from the get go and no amount of polishing would make them attractive to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's very, very unlikely that we'll see new races this expansion IMO.
    No, it's not. There's clearly going to be new playable races just like EVERY expansion.

They have separate artists working on the remodels.

10+ Year Old Account
    As cool as it would be for this to be an expac with a return to Outland I'm pretty sure it's not. It's probably related to Hearthstone or Blizzard All Stars unfortunately.

But if not... BRING ON THE OGRES!

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    As cool as it would be for this to be an expac with a return to Outland I'm pretty sure it's not. It's probably related to Hearthstone or Blizzard All Stars unfortunately.

But if not... BRING ON THE OGRES!
    I think it's probably related to Hearthstone, but it's always fun to speculate.
    Only a couple of weeks until Blizzcon and theories are running wild.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    With a return to Draenor on the cards, IF new races are coming (and it is a pretty big if mind you, especially given the effort being put into new models) there are really only three candidates

Ethereals. Arrakoa. Ogres.

Whilst many would REALLY like Ethereals (and I actually dig the race myself), I doubt it. Goblins used to be the go to race for neutrality in the game. Remember all the Goblin barbers in Alliance cities and stuff like that? Then one day poof! Replaced by faction friendly Gnomes. The reasoning is obvious, a race now associated with the Horde shouldn't have any real presence in Alliance cities.

The Ethereals have been taking over the neutral race schtick every since. I am not saying their addition is impossible, but if they had been planned to be added then surely Blizzard would have come up with an alternative for the transmogrification/reforge/item upgrade/void storage dudes.

Now Arrakoa and Ogres. Both would be excellent choices. The very fact we are returning to Draenor (else why put the name in the goddamn title) means that if new races are added they'd be in with a strong chance. Ogres are Ogres, and Arrakoa are popular due to the whole skesis vibe the race has going on.

YOU MUST LOVE THE SKEKSIS.

Now IF these are two new playable races, then on which faction will they be assigned?

Ogres to the Horde obviously. Right? Right?

Well...not necessarily. Alliance Ogres is not necessarily far fetched. They would give Alliance players a truly monstrous choice, something they sorely miss right now with only Worgen being an option.
    The Orcs had a centuries long blood feud with the Ogre Clans and this feud was only ended by the intervention of the Legion warping everything on Draenor. The Ogres and the Orcs were mortal enemies for much, much longer than they were allies. So much so that the vision of an Orc and an Ogre in alliance stuns Prophet Velen during the genocide of the Draenei.
    There is also the fact a previously Alliance race, the Blood Elves, crossed the faction divide to side with the Horde. The Ogres, a previously Horde race, could be a sort of belated payback.

This is not to say Ogres MUST be an Alliance race. Just that we should keep an open mind.

As for Arrakoa, well they seem to have little love for either faction. If they are made playable, and are required to join whichever side, an appropriate story can be concocted.

My these are exciting times. At least for another week.

Deleted
    Murloc's!
    who doesn't want to play a murloc ?

10+ Year Old Account
    no new races... they're busy enough with new character models... I'd rather they finish those.

Ogre - Horde
    Ashtongue - Alliance

People complained and crying a lot about pandas and now they want birdie playable people? seirously?

Yes, it would make sense, however it must also be something that players would be interested in playing, otherwise it's not worth the bother.

The goblin old and new model is essentially the same, just better textures and more animations. Ogres look like crap from the get go and no amount of polishing would make them attractive to play.

They look pretty badass here.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I want me some Skeksis!!
    *snip*
    Oh god, that's horrible.

No new races. I'm thinking new models for vanilla and MAYBE TBC races and new starting areas for Orcs and Draenie.