Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

China says it's subs can hit U.S. cities

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...le-of-widespr/

“Because the Midwest states of the U.S. are sparsely populated, in order to increase the lethality, [our] nuclear attacks should mainly target the key cities on the West Coast of the United States, such as Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego,” the Global Times said.

“The 12 JL-2 nuclear warheads carried by one single Type 094 SSBN can kill and wound 5 million to 12 million Americans,” the Global Times reported.

A response to our stealth destroyer news maybe.

Congrats on catching up to the Cold War era Soviets, I guess.

wwIII - china is losing her mind

The comments section in that article is some bewilderingly conspiratorial crap.

The global times is a chinese tabloid.
    I don't know if you want to base your opinion of china on that.

Is Washington Times trying to become the US Daily Mail? Maybe not, needs more celebrity news...but they're certainly focusing on the crazy lately.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Washington Times has been a borderline tabloid as long as I can remember.

Oh wow, China says something something something nobody with a brain cares, because they understand that the US has a complex and generally positive economic relationship with China.

Is this even news? I mean, we've known that pretty much any nuclear power with submarines can do this for a long time now, right?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Is Washington Times trying to become the US Daily Mail?
    No, of course not! Due to existing in the DC market, they need less focus on the inane and more focus on right-wing talking points, if that's possible. I do enjoy the free daily outside Metro stations (or where I usually encounter it, sitting on a seat) occasionally though. It's pretty good entertainment if you're drunk.

Deleted
    As long as it can hit DC, that's all that matters.

Level it and start again please.

Thanks,

The World.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    As long as it can hit DC, that's all that matters.

Level it and start again please.

Thanks,

The World.
    I really dislike sentiments like this, why would you wish that on anyone?

Also, putting it out there, I guess I'm selfish cause I live relatively close to DC >.>.

Deleted
    I'm not very worried. Besides, if they did nuke my home town their entire population would be wiped off the face of this planet.

China is just pissed they can't out tech the U.S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    China is just pissed they can't out tech the U.S
    they mad bro

5-12 million innocents. just because people live in the us doesn't mean they have anything to do with how the us conducts itself and its relations with other countries. why should our lives be threatened for doing absolutely nothing to deserve it? on top of the 5-12 million americans, it would also be hundreds of thousands of animals and acres of land destroyed with absolutely no regard whatsoever. horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Washington Times is owned by the Moonies. China tends to make the Moonies crazy, though not Bill Clinton crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Is this even news? I mean, we've known that pretty much any nuclear power with submarines can do this for a long time now, right?
    Basically this. Almost every nuclear armed nation has submarines capable of such delivery of nuclear weapons (likely including Israel but almost certainly excluding North Korea who could only rig up a crude device onboard a submarine to sail into a harbor on a suicide mission at this point).
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Basically this. Every nuclear armed nation has submarines capable of such delivery of nuclear weapons (except North Korea who could only rig up a crude device onboard a submarine to sail into a harbor on a suicide mission).
    Just most don't out right threaten to bomb the U.S to kill as many civs as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Basically this. Every nuclear armed nation has submarines capable of such delivery of nuclear weapons (except North Korea who could only rig up a crude device onboard a submarine to sail into a harbor on a suicide mission).
    not sure about Israel, Pakistan or India being able to do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I really dislike sentiments like this, why would you wish that on anyone?
    Wishing death on people with different political views is edgy and cool!