Deleted

Ore shuffling- Need Help

Hey guys i´m new to the forum and new to the ore shuffling process and i would like to get some help. I play the European server Frostmane ally side and have the following professions max out:

JC
    Alchemy - Transmute spec
    Enchanting
    Minning

I just prospected 100 stacks of ghost iron ore and i need some help figuring out what to do with the results. I´m using the Stede and Mithrildar spreadsheet and according to it i can get the most profit creating the 450 jewelry but i´m almost certain that those jewel wont sell. So my plan is the following:

Transmute all the uncommon orange gems.
    Cut all the rare orange gems.

Create 384/415 Jewelry with the red, purple and green uncommon gems and DE both.

I don't know what to do with the yellow and blue uncommon gems.

I don't know what to do with the the rest of the rare gems apart from the orange one, since i don't have any of the cuts.

Thanks a lot for the help

Deleted
    Heres what i do with the uncommon gems:

- Orange transmute to vermilion onyx with a golden lotus
    - Red, Green and Purple to make the shadowfire necklace, sell the blue quality 415 necks and vendor or DE the green quality ones
    - Yellow gems cut and use myself as i have a lot of tanks (crit/mastery and haste all good) then sell the perfects that are left and vendor the normal ones
    - Blue gems i just vendor (if i can be bothered i cut them to sell for a little more) making the blue gems just reduces the price of your river's heart cut which you will have tons of anyway

Deleted
    Generally I don't transmute Tiger Opal but let all uncommons go to ornate/shadowfire.

Dunno if more profitable it's just easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may want to check the prices of the uncut Tiger Opals. I've seen them go as high as 40g each on Stormrage. It's not even remotely close to profitable to transmute them or turn them into jewelry for me.

I also agree with vendoring the blue gems, they're basically worthless.

The rest of the colors can be made into jewelry, transmuted, or sold uncut, depending on the prices that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    You may want to check the prices of the uncut Tiger Opals. I've seen them go as high as 40g each on Stormrage. It's not even remotely close to profitable to transmute them or turn them into jewelry for me.

I also agree with vendoring the blue gems, they're basically worthless.

The rest of the colors can be made into jewelry, transmuted, or sold uncut, depending on the prices that day.
    I sold 15 the other day for 85g on Turalyon. They go up and down ALOT. Typically they are around 40g, sometimes drop to 20g and as high as 90g.

Deleted
    Good advises thanks guys.

One more thing do you DE the green jewels? Because i´m doing that and finding that its not worth. Even if i create enchat scrolls afterwards. I think the best way its to just vendor them. What do you think?
    Last edited by mmoc5758f841fa; 2013-11-04 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Good advises thanks guys.

One more thing do you DE the green jewels? Because i´m doing that and finding that its not worth. Even if i create enchat scrolls afterwards. I think the best way its to just vendor them. What do you think?
    Usually no. I'm just going by the TSM disenchant value. Almost always only disenchanting the blues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Usually no. I'm just going by the TSM disenchant value. Almost always only disenchanting the blues.
    Blues sell for 50-300g or more on my server. Seems like a waste DEing for those 10g shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Blues sell for 50-300g or more on my server. Seems like a waste DEing for those 10g shards.
    Perhaps. It's mostly a matter of bag space and time for me. I'd be sitting at 50-100 necks constantly if I were to save them and even if I eventually sell them it would be require way too much reposting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Perhaps. It's mostly a matter of bag space and time for me. I'd be sitting at 50-100 necks constantly if I were to save them and even if I eventually sell them it would be require way too much reposting.
    There are numerous threads on the forums about the shuffle, just do a search. The basics are always the same. How good it is will ofcc be supply and demand an how much you sell will depend on how much you can remain relevant on the supply side. The current difficulty is that the exapansion is winding down now so there is less demand.

New shufflers never have an idea about how much effort they are willing to put in or have a realistic idea how much money they want to make. AH these days is largely a reposting war.