Thread: Explosive shot

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Explosive shot

I usually play on my alt hunter as BM, but want to try survival again, haven't played for quite some time (couple exp pack at least).
    And my buddy, also hunter, told me what explosive shot, if you spam it fast enough, do not lose additional damage as dot so you can go ahead and use it as soon as it off from cd and during LnL procs.
    I was always pretty sure what you have to wait until dot from explosive shot to run off, before applying additional one, to make a full benefit of it.
    Looking for info on this matter.

They changed it for MOP I think? so you can spam all three/four in one go with out worrying about missed damage.

They changed the mechanic and you lose no damage no matter how many you fire in a row.

You can spam as many explosive shots as you want in a row as of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explosive shots DoT works like ignite now, i.e it doesn't lose damage for firing it many times in a row

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for info!

<Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

mmmm Im not sure about that. I have been testing and using alot addons to show me the dmg and timer form the ES, but the Timer Is not increases anymore. How exactly works? Im spaming the ES but the counter never gets over 2.9s how Im not losong a tick or dmg??? Or what Im missing?

I mean I know that was happing before 5.4 but now. Im not seeing the timer Increases.

Quote Originally Posted by SpawnDeath View Post
    mmmm Im not sure about that. I have been testing and using alot addons to show me the dmg and timer form the ES, but the Timer Is not increases anymore. How exactly works? Im spaming the ES but the counter never gets over 2.9s how Im not losong a tick or dmg??? Or what Im missing?

I mean I know that was happing before 5.4 but now. Im not seeing the timer Increases.
    Read up on what "Ignite Mechanics" means.

Quote Originally Posted by SpawnDeath View Post

It doesn't increase. It takes the remaining damage from the old DoT and adds it to the new DoT. It has absolutely nothing to do with duration.

What above poster said.

Therefore if you shoot 3x ES', you might not see 9 ticks, but 7-8 instead, though that doesn't mean you lost damage.

Sooo let me make sure I understand this....right now during LnL I am hitting ES wait for the DoT to complete and then hitting ES again. So now during LnL i can spam ES and not lose any DPS?

nvm I just answered my own question. "able to spam three Explosive Shots in a row when Lock & Load procs. And that is good news for the SV hunters of the world."

'Note that during Lock & Load procs, you should spam Explosive Shot — there is no longer any need to wait between shots and your Explosive Shot will still do the full damage (the damage of the ticks increases as you apply new Explosive Shots)."

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...rity-rotation/
    Last edited by akaTheDude; 2013-11-04 at 08:16 PM.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Whenever you ES while there is currently an ES dot on the target, it adds the damage of the one you just shot to the current dot on the target. It does not increase duration, it just combines the damage of the two so you don't lose any dps. Therefor it is always best to spam 3 ES back to back to back whenever you get LnL.

I can't believe people out there still don't know you just spam Explosive Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildozer View Post
    I can't believe people out there still don't know you just spam Explosive Shot.
    LOL yeah I have been playing a hunter for A LONG time and didnt know this..../facepalm
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.