Is there a best leveling spec?

Decided to level a rogue today and I have never played one before. I will check back for guides later one for raiding and such but is there a best leveling spec? Thanks for any information. Also I will have most of the BOA gear.

While anything works, I really think you'll get solid mileage out of combat. Assassination is a solid second choice. Only sub can be a pain in the butt, as it has positional attacks that are frustrating to work with, and just hemoing is sort of like being a bad version of combat.

IMPORTANT: Please take glyph of deadly momentum. I also strongly recommend you spec night stalker and burst of speed. Shadow Focus is a solid second pick for the first tier, but don't underestimate the amount of run time you will save as you go literally anywhere. With nightstalker and burst of speed, your stealthed speed will be only a bit behind that of epic mounted players. Deadly momentum allows you to effortlessly punch everything with recuperate and slice and dice active.

Bloodsail Admiral Aven Ballantyne's Avatar
    Anything works with deadly momentum. If you are in full enchanted BoA then sub is actually really good for the first 70+ levels. Ambush or CS>BS will generally kill something instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post

IMPORTANT: Please take glyph of deadly momentum. I also strongly recommend you spec night stalker and burst of speed. Shadow Focus is a solid second pick for the first tier, but don't underestimate the amount of run time you will save as you go literally anywhere. With nightstalker and burst of speed, your stealthed speed will be only a bit behind that of epic mounted players. Deadly momentum allows you to effortlessly punch everything with recuperate and slice and dice active.

This a thousand times. Spec is not even secondary, take the Momentum glyph, spec Nightstalker get at least one heirloom (a weapon of course) and just never stand still.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman

I just did 85-90 like 4 days ago. I went sub spec with deadly momentum and shadowfocus with para poison. I found it really easy to kill mobs fast as the poison stun makes it really easy to backstab the crap out of an enemy, I can't 100% confirm this, but I swear kidney shot and para poison don't suffer from diminishing returns - 9-10second stuns for backstabs makes it easy.

They don't. "Stun" and "random stun" (or whatever wording they used) are 2 separate DR categories. Sorry to hijack the post, didn't think this was worth bumping the thread for. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-11-09 at 11:01 PM.