Timelocked: They key to the next expansion?

So we time-locked our cloaks, which was just a fancy way of saying we upgraded them to legendary.

However, the idea of time travel being featured in the next expansion has been heavily tossed around. What if the process of timelocking is what stops the players from being changed by making a different timeline?

The whole butterfly effect pretty much guarantees that messing up the past will stop most people from being born, and that would 'unmake' our characters. What if the timeless isle concept of timelocking is like a shield against the changes of the past? Everything changes, but the timelocked characters and npc's remain unchanged with intact memories of all that's occurred.

Also, a holla out to Chromie if there is time travel in this expansion. Can she be my faction leader?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    So we time-locked our cloaks, which was just a fancy way of saying we upgraded them to legendary.

However, the idea of time travel being featured in the next expansion has been heavily tossed around. What if the process of timelocking is what stops the players from being changed by making a different timeline?

The whole butterfly effect pretty much guarantees that messing up the past will stop most people from being born, and that would 'unmake' our characters. What if the timeless isle concept of timelocking is like a shield against the changes of the past? Everything changes, but the timelocked characters and npc's remain unchanged with intact memories of all that's occurred.

Also, a holla out to Chromie if there is time travel in this expansion. Can she be my faction leader?
    I just felt the need to let you know that Chromie is male.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't get too deep in theorizing until this expac is confirmed, and they time traveling stuff is confirmed.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    No, Chromie is a female. Her name, however, breaks the pattern for dragon names for the Dragonflight, but she is clearly referred to everywhere as a female.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Chromie

Dat manliness.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1S13 View Post
    from that page: "As Chronormu is female,[1] she is an exception to this "rule".

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Such man. So butch.

I could of swore back in culling of stratholme that chromie turned into a male gnome not a female one. Im probs wrong though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems waaaaay too convenient. Also, what about those people 2 expansions down the road without the cloak?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Is it wrong that after so many years you've made me want to make lil bronze gnomey dragon babies ?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Seems waaaaay too convenient. Also, what about those people 2 expansions down the road without the cloak?
    The story assumes you did every quest, dungeon and raid from the previous xpac.
    Whatever the next xpac will be, it will treat your character as if you slain Lei-shen and defeated garrosh and got your legendary cloak.
    Chronomancer Club

Though I don't buy-in to any of the speculation and prefer to just wait for the official word from Blizzard, I really like the idea behind this. Fits nicely with what we already know and the rampant wild speculation of what the next expansion will be. Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronormu is a female who just happens to buck the traditional naming trend for Bronze dragons, much like she was the first to buck their tendency to ignore mortals and look down on them. She's a trailblazer like that.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I find it entertaining that this thread has been so easily derailed by the debate on Chromie's gender.

Back on topic:

I like your idea OP, but I don't think Blizz lore writers think deeply enough to consciously connect those things to the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most players don't have the legendary cloak though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They could do one of two things. They can either play as if the player had the cloak or have a quest to "timelock" the player as part of entering the new expansion. We can assume quite a few npc's will be timelocked even thought hey didn't do the quest.

The rumors of time travel just seemed to fit well with what I found to be a random addition to the last patch of this expansion (timeless isle and the weekly quest to see visions of the future).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JasonWuzHear View Post
    I find it entertaining that this thread has been so easily derailed by the debate on Chromie's gender.

Back on topic:

I like your idea OP, but I don't think Blizz lore writers think deeply enough to consciously connect those things to the next expansion.
    To be fair, I've derailed much less for the sake of talking about Chromie. She is the most badass dragon out there, and one of the few characters that get a consistant giggle and are sporting great voice acting.