Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think rich and powerful people should buy sport teams?

And this is bring very honest and why rich people should NEVER buy sport team and you can agree or disagree "

When people who are million or billionare and they say " i want to buy a sport team " and you got ask yourself are they helping the team and fans or are they ripoff fans and have the worst season and they hard truth is this " rich people are in it for the money " and they give the finger to the fans and screw you over for $50 ticket in the worst seating areas plus $10 cup of beer

And is can be NHL,MLB,NBA any part of the world that have a sport team they really don't care about the fans or player so that they undervalue there team so they sell it cheap and make as much $$$$$$ with it

One such team i saw on " BBC Panorama " is the the owner of manchester united they also owned another team in the NFL the TB Buckaneer they have run both team in to the ground and when they ask why our your delibrated destroying both franscise " no comment " this is from the owner is just sholud thatowner only care about $$$$ and F!@# the fans !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...stigation.html

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06...-real-trouble/

? So you are going to ignore all the rich billionaires who brought championship after championship to their cities, and just talk about 1 guy who may or may not have intentionally tanked? .... Bucs were actually quite good in the last couple seasons they spent millions to bring in the best corner in the game, its just that their coach lost the team...so I have no idea what you are even talking about

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    People like the CEO of starbuck HOWARD BACKSTAB SCHULTZ who PROMISES that supersonic fans that the team will disolve and relocated but at the end gave THE FINGER and sold it and move the team

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=2525634

Also the cities could have stop the deal but sat by and did nothing they were hopping the SEAHAWK would won a championship?

Deleted
    So who should? Fans buying percentages?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So who should? Fans buying percentages?
    I would love to be a fraction of a fraction of a fraction part owner of a team. But I wouldn't be able to stand idiots going "lalala omg I'm an owner with my one share hahaha."

Some sports owners are great. Some sports owners are in it for the profit. If you don't like it then make a billion dollars and own your own team so you can run it the way you want to run it. There's really no arguing since they're the guys who front the bills.

No, they should only be owned by the homeless.

Wait, what?

I think sports leagues would suffer far more from lacking the backing of the ultra rich than by having it.

I've never understood how people can find team-based sports compelling when they're a group of random individuals selected by some kind of power broker in the back end and it's all really about how big a salary they're being paid. How do you find anything relateable about that? How does the team even have an identity? They're completely manufactured. They aren't even necessarily from the region the team is named after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've never understood how people can find team-based sports compelling when they're a group of random individuals selected by some kind of power broker in the back end and it's all really about how big a salary they're being paid. How do you find anything relateable about that? How does the team even have an identity? They're completely manufactured. They aren't even necessarily from the region the team is named after.
    I think the identity is created by the fans and city itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've never understood how people can find team-based sports compelling when they're a group of random individuals selected by some kind of power broker in the back end and it's all really about how big a salary they're being paid.
    It's a form of tribalism. The team and owner have absolutely nothing to do with the region they play in, in many case, but the locals rally around colors and logos and share that group experience together. I'm originally from the Buffalo area, and the pain of the Sabres and Bills is a shared experience with other humans, something that other people from the area instantly relate to. Why does this work so well psychologically? I don't really know, I haven't studied it, but it certainly does work. I've asked the same sort of questions you do here, and I don't really see a good answer for it, but I get caught up in it anyway. It's also just plain out fun to cheer for something with a group of people. Even though it's a totally artificial construct, it still feels like you're part of something.

Modern sports is a business. Who's to stop anyone with the funds and wish to invest in sport.

What a stupid question. What do you mean "should"? If they're buying it voluntarily and it's being sold voluntarily, what delusion resides in anyone's brain that makes them think they have a say?

Sports teams and their owners don't owe the fans shit. If you're not happy as a fan then stop watching.

you make no sense. the NFL and NHL have hard caps and teams must hit a base cap. you can't tank like in the MLB. in baseball you can spent peanuts and then the juggernauts spend hundreds of millions. its a business. prices go up based on demand. Its always like that. why do you think prices for teams like the florida panthers or astros is so cheap? they need people to go to the games so they offer deep discounts. why would owners offer cheap prices to a 100% capacity arena every night when people are willing to spend?

Who else is going to own and operate a billion dollar company/franchise?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Who else is going to own and operate a billion dollar company/franchise?
    I'll take one if you're buying. Hell, make it two if it's not my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'll take one if you're buying. Hell, make it two if it's not my money!
    The government should buy them all. That's the only way we can all have our fair say in what happens to sports teams. And the rich should pay of course.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mark gilbert owner of the cavs i read the "open letter" and you know i agree with mark 100% Lebron was a coward and gave the MIDDLE FINGER to him and the fans i'm so glad the cavs burn LeBron stuff

Even thought THE HEAT won 3 championship he took the coward way out !

Mark Cuban is a another that i look up he one of those people that put hard work do pay off " even thought the critic was nagging " he bought mavs and add a great lines up !

Oren Koules (producer of Saw) became owner of the Tampa bay Lightning I believe that off-season he made between 10-15 roster spot trades. Has one of the more memorable feuds with a player, pressuring Dan Boyle into waiving his no-trade clause, and firing the coach John Tortorella...
    I think some people should just be sideline type people

Well some teams could not exist without it. Take TotalBiscuits SC2 team Axiom. He is the main sponsor for that team as well as the owner. Without him several people would be without job.