Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elemental single target.

When is blizz gonna fix single target for elemental? enhance blows it out of the water and honestly i would take a chain lightning nerf even if ele shamans could get a sustained single target buff. i mean for the love of god i know pvp and all that bs gets involved but it makes raiders suffer when they gotta watch other classes just shit on their dps.

Deleted
    We're pretty much middle of the road in PvE from what I've seen, which is pretty much where we've always been. I don't claim to be the best elemental shaman in the world and I managed 313k dps on Malkorok with my shitty 561 gear last reset (rank 37 woo!), in my eyes that's pretty good for a predominantly single target fight.

What talent setup are you using?

My item level is 547 right now and im having to keep switching from elemental blast and unleash fury. on malkorok i did like 170k.. and on thok i did like 130k.. i feel like im pushing my best but its just a true pain in the ass to keep up with the warlock hunter and frost mage in my group

Deleted
    Oh don't compare yourself to a warlock or a mage, that's like rule number 1 You'll always be disappointed if you're comparing yourself to those two classes. I can't really remember what DPS I was pulling at that item level if I'm honest. Do you have any logs that I could go through?

No i dont know how to find logs like that lol most i could show you is my armory which people will probably laugh at.

Deleted
    People aren't going to laugh at you, these are shaman forums, they're here for us to talk about shamaning

just look up critrocution in the US wow armory lol from iron swan thats me v.v

Deleted
    You're quite significantly over the hit cap, although with your current gear I'm not sure you'll actually be able to get rid of that completely. The biggest problem is definitely your gemming. If a piece has red or yellow sockets and an intellect socket bonus then you should gem artful (int/mastery) rather than just pure mastery. Mastery is awesome but the intellect bonus makes the hybrid gem the better choice overall.

It's difficult to give advice just based off your armoury but fixing your gemming and removing the reforging from your cloak is a good start

What about blue sockets?

Deleted
    Spirit and mastery gems are what you'd normally put in those but since you're way over the hit cap I would probably say just go full mastery in those, unless there's one blue socket and a 120 intellect bonus from it, in which case gem for the bonus.

Hi Zeruge, I don't mean to interrupt or hijack threat because I'm curious as to what level 90 tier talent you're using?

I use ele blast and have had no problems or low dps from it.. but if I can improve thats always a bonus

Deleted
    I'm currently running Unleashed Fury in most circumstances, however this is predominantly a single target DPS increase; on fights like Malkorok and Iron Juggernaut which are single target and have plenty of movement involved it definitely pulls ahead of Elemental Blast, but for a fight with a lot of target switching like Spoils or Galakras, you'd probably want to stick with Elemental Blast.

I would avoid eb this tier. It does relatively the same damage as uf on single but is a little more unwieldy to use. Uf being instant makes it easier to track.

Only fight that EB is better would be Heroic Spoils for hard switching targets, like on to sparks. Or if you like the play style of EB stay with it, it took me some time to get use to using UF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalashlol View Post
    Only fight that EB is better would be Heroic Spoils for hard switching targets, like on to sparks. Or if you like the play style of EB stay with it, it took me some time to get use to using UF.
    I disagree, as there are plenty of fights where EB is superior to UF.

Immerseus requires constant target swapping (bad for UF) and limited cleaving (bad for PE).
    Protectors favors a single target rotation with CL replacing LB, thus favoring EB since UF doesn't buff Chain Lightning.
    Galakras has a huge AOE phase followed by a single target fight. While PE is tempting for P1, the P2 dps is more important. EB provides benefit to both.
    Dark shaman: see protectors. PE is good for this fight as well, but I prefer EB since there are only 2 primary targets.
    Nazgrim requires constant target swapping with less than a 12 second focus.

UF is a great talent, but it suffers greatly if there is ANY incentive to cleave. As such it's best served on high movement single target fights like Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok, Siegecrafter, Klaxxi, and Garrosh (P2 and 3 far outweigh P1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    We're pretty much middle of the road in PvE from what I've seen, which is pretty much where we've always been.
    Are you forgetting patch 4.0, 4.1, 4.3. 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 deliberately in your 'where we've always been' calculation?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    I disagree, as there are plenty of fights where EB is superior to UF.

Protectors favors a single target rotation with CL replacing LB, thus favoring EB since UF doesn't buff Chain Lightning.
    Galakras has a huge AOE phase followed by a single target fight. While PE is tempting for P1, the P2 dps is more important. EB provides benefit to both.
    Dark shaman: see protectors. PE is good for this fight as well, but I prefer EB since there are only 2 primary targets.
    I'll Touch on these, Protectors favors a single target and if you don't stack all the UF wins easily which we don't on heroic.

Galakras the aoe is heavy in p1 yeah, but having UF on The mini bosses well help, and then P2 UF is going to give you more dps than EB by far considering for 12 second you're going to be in ascendance, and if you put the UF buff up before you pop it, you benefit much more than EB just from that burst. Other than than you'll be under the effects of lust for the majority of p2 as well so more LB casts makes UF much stronger, the only arguement would be PE on p2 but I don't think it gives enough to make it supperior unless you're running a heavy haste build.

Shamans, aside from the very start and add spawns which die quickly, this is a single target fight on heroic, so UF is stronger, and for target swapping you're just swapping to cleave so EB would be practically useless.

I will give you Immerseus though, probably a better EB fight, Nazgrim is probably personal preference, yes EB is better on the adds, but I wouldn't waste a UF on adds unless it was defensive so it's kinda meh.

keep in mind if stormlash was counted for the shamans dps instead of the individual it would very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    keep in mind if stormlash was counted for the shamans dps instead of the individual it would very different.
    If a kitten was a cow you could milk her under the stove ...

Stormlash is a buff provided by the elemental shaman, and the damage resulting from this buff is solely done by the player affected by the buff. If the player affected by the buff does not cast a single spell, there won't be any 'extra damage'. Skull banner is exactly the same, but so is any other buff in the game that affects dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Are you forgetting patch 4.0, 4.1, 4.3. 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 deliberately in your 'where we've always been' calculation?
    Nope. I'm not.