Thread: Cold hands

Deleted

Cold hands

So while im at work i always find myself with really cold fingers, the rest of my body is warm but my hands always seem cold, now i realise this is probably a blood flow problem but i was woundering if there was any gloves like things or some i could do as it is rather annoying :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Wear a hat on your head, it keeps your hands warm.

Deleted
    Ehm... glove-like thing? Like... gloves?

Aaaaaanyway, the easiest way is to get it treated.

Deleted
    I have this problem too, I find bathing my hands in hot water for a few minutes helps kickstart things, it wears off after a while but it's a quick fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post

Believe it or not, a hat on your head works better.

Deleted
    here's my belly, put them hands on it!

i "suffer" from the same thing, gloves doesn't really function very well at home while playing WoW or Writing on mmo-champion. What I do is warm them up on said body part, also clapping and just moving them in general works. Like, sign-language-practice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post

Should have specified this is while im at work in a school, so i can't go around wearing gloves

Deleted
    Id say theres pretty much 3 reasons.

1st: either you're not eating enough and your body starts to feel cold

2nd: theres not enough iron and/or vitamin-c in your food

3rd and the most likely, since you mentioned it only affects your fingers, its a bloodflow related issue. Tension on shoulders or upper back restricting bloods flow in your arms just enough so that your that fingers feel cold.

Gloves will help. Obviously. If you dont feel silly using gloves indoors. Long term solution would be stretching or visiting an physician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww i thought this was about Game of Thrones. Get some Gloves OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    Id say theres pretty much 3 reasons.

1st: either you're not eating enough and your body starts to feel cold

2nd: theres not enough iron and/or vitamin-c in your food

3rd and the most likely, since you mentioned it only affects your fingers, its a bloodflow related issue. Tension on shoulders or upper back restricting bloods flow in your arms just enough so that your that fingers feel cold.

Gloves will help. Obviously. If you dont feel silly using gloves indoors. Long term solution would be stretching or visiting an physician.
    Could be 2 or 3, thanks for the advice around number 2 will give that a shot.

Was hoping there was something i could wear under my long sleeves or something while at work as i am not permitted to wear gloves inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    So while im at work i always find myself with really cold fingers, the rest of my body is warm but my hands always seem cold, now i realise this is probably a blood flow problem but i was woundering if there was any gloves like things or some i could do as it is rather annoying :/
    Do you smoke ciggarettes? This is a very common symptom of smoking, it lowers your bloodflow to the extremities. I had very cold hands untill I stopped smoking, but a few months after I quit this stopped entirely.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Do you smoke ciggarettes? This is a very common symptom of smoking, it lowers your bloodflow to the extremities. I had very cold hands untill I stopped smoking, but a few months after I quit this stopped entirely.
    No i don't smoke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I got the same problem. In my case, it's bad blood circulation.
    I hands are always really cold, a little palish and my nails are purple...

Does the same happen with your feet?
    Rarely in my feet, my feet only get cold when it is actually cold :P , Only my hands give me any porblems

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to go through the same thing when I was younger! I would sit on the computer for hours or be in school constantly writing and whatnot and my hands would be blocks of ice while the rest of me was fine. I nevvvvver understood why. Didn't have a fan on, nothing. Though I have nothing really useful to say here, it went away. I gained probably 35 pounds within the last 3 and a half years and I stopped being cold. While my arms and fingers are not fat at all, it just stopped. So, idk really. Probably a blood flow thing like you said. Maybe try wearing a carpal tunnel brace. This would improve flow and cover your hand to a degree. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold your hands between your legs! Who cares if it looks awkward, it works lol

I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but if the external temperature at your work/school is cold, it is natural for the body to warm the core at the cost of warming the extremities. Are you wearing enough clothes, or do you work with certain people who keep it freezing all the time?

Could be....: Not enough fluids/electrolytes/sodium, warning sign of diabetes, hypertension, not enough protein/amino acids, or cholesterol problems.

And uhhh, careful with that iron. Our bodies only absorb about 50% of what we take it, and it's not because of the whole multivitamin/its too much for your body to handle/excretion stuff. Even eating healthily, the body doesn't want to absorb iron. Why? Because iron becomes a free radical and can lead to inflammation and bunch of other stuff. While we need it, excess is bad. So uhh just try to stick with "more lean protein" in that regard

10+ Year Old Account
    In Chinese medicine, we say you have a "cold" base (slower blood circulation). It's just a proclivity...you shouldn't worry too much about it.

But if you want to feel "warmer" somehow, and consistently so, you probably want to exercise more - the surefire cure to having clammy and cold hands. I ASSURE you that within 60 - 90 days, you'll immediately feel better.

And exercise doesn't mean running a marathon everyday, something like 30 minutes x 4 times a week doing cardio or a sport you enjoy is plenty.

Good luck Puffler!!

Deleted
    OP, may i be so bold as to enquirer what your occupation is? . You may wish to speak to your GP/Doctor to see if you have Anemia, and if so you will probably asked to take iron tablets, noting to worry about this is very common in young people and people with poor protein in their diet.

The second thing i would suggest is that if you feel really cold, you could buy reusable hand warmers and put one each into your trouser/jacket pockets and just slip your hands in when you feel a bit chilly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requite View Post
    OP, may i be so bold as to enquirer what your occupation is? . You may wish to speak to your GP/Doctor to see if you have Anemia, and if so you will probably asked to take iron tablets, noting to worry about this is very common in young people and people with poor protein in their diet.

The second thing i would suggest is that if you feel really cold, you could buy reusable hand warmers and put one each into your trouser/jacket pockets and just slip your hands in when you feel a bit chilly.
    I'm a teacher, so having freezing hands is not ideal, my sister has to take iron tablets, perhaps i have the same thing ? - I will go to the doctors and find out.