Deleted

Question about 2 player?

My girlfriend's son loves playing Minecraft, and we have considered buying a 2nd account to play with him on our own computers - what can one do though?

On single player I know there is modes called Survival and Creative, but is it possible to do both of these on 2 player? To do the Survival 2 player would be very very cool I think, and we could enjoy it with him.

Thanks in advance for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    My girlfriend's son loves playing Minecraft, and we have considered buying a 2nd account to play with him on our own computers - what can one do though?

On single player I know there is modes called Survival and Creative, but is it possible to do both of these on 2 player? To do the Survival 2 player would be very very cool I think, and we could enjoy it with him.

Thanks in advance for the replies
    Yup. You'd need to set up a server and then you could even do adventure maps designed for 2 players. I think they added LAN support as well to make it even easier to play together but I've not fired up MC in a while so I'm not 100%. I do know you can play together though in survival or creative.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yup. You'd need to set up a server and then you could even do adventure maps designed for 2 players. I think they added LAN support as well to make it even easier to play together but I've not fired up MC in a while so I'm not 100%. I do know you can play together though in survival or creative.
    I will admit I actually haven't the first clue about what the difference is between a Lan connection and internet except that Lan is more local or something like that?

LAN is Local Area Network. It's just a technical way of saying "in Home network". If you go into your single player game, you can press Esc, the press "Open to LAN". On the other computer, (in theory) You click multiplayer and it will appear automatically in your list... might have to refresh once or twice. Playing in the same home, this is the cheapest, most effective way to play. If you wanted to play while on the road and your gf/her son are at home, you would have to rent a server which for 2 people isn't expensive (Mine is $11/month for 1.5gb RAM. Running 141 mods so far... it can lag a little but not terribly bad).

At http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Server.properties , the "online-mode" can be set for a server to "False", which would allow unverified accounts to connect. I'm not sure, but I think this would allow you and your girlfriend's son to both play on the same server with only one actual Minecraft account, if you're looking for super-cheap options.

It'd work best if you and he are on the same network (LAN).