Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    i´m not a liberal if that´s what you´re saying

why do you come up with conspiracy and tin foil hats?
    why do you come up with right wing when I bring up immigration?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
    why do you come up with right wing when I bring up immigration?
    because you wrote it´s "the major problem" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    because you wrote it´s "the major problem" ...
    It is a major problem. It's not the ONLY problem, but it is a major problem especially when we're already dealing with double-digit unemployment. That still doesn't make me "right wing", it makes me a concerned citizen.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a major problem. It's not the ONLY problem, but it is a major problem especially when we're already dealing with double-digit unemployment. That still doesn't make me "right wing", it makes me a concerned citizen.
    but not the immigrants are the problem, the few jobs are, you won´t get more jobs out of getting rid of immigrants, you actually lose taxmoney at least if you´re talking about illegal immigrants

so what would you achieve? how would this better the situation? if it´s a major problem it would have a major impact, what would be the impact?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    but not the immigrants are the problem, the few jobs are, you won´t get more jobs out of getting rid of immigrants, you actually lose taxmoney at least if you´re talking about illegal immigrants

so what would you achieve? how would this better the situation? if it´s a major problem it would have a major impact, what would be the impact?
    Well I think the bigger problem is the fact that multi-billion dollar corporations are capable of shipping jobs overseas to bypass minimum wage. I think that's something that needs to be made illegal if you're an American business. But when it comes to immigrants, these people will accept jobs that pay $2 an hour. It's not a big deal for them when they're not on the books. And if they get sent back? So what, they're back over the fence the next day.

Legal immigration, however, is an issue when you're only letting low skilled people into the country. As I said in my original post in this thread, Australia and England do not let people just walk into the country. You need to be skilled to the point that you can prove you can do or create a job that a citizen cannot. If not, you don't get in. That is a common sense solution. We should not be accepting people based on the simple fact that they want to be an American. It makes no damn sense.

Legal immigration, however, is an issue when you're only letting low skilled people into the country. As I said in my original post in this thread, Australia and England do not let people just walk into the country. You need to be skilled to the point that you can prove you can do or create a job that a citizen cannot. If not, you don't get in. That is a common sense solution. We should not be accepting people based on the simple fact that they want to be an American. It makes no damn sense.
    Firstly, most countries are bound by UN policy to accept refugees and asylum seekers. Secondly, imagine if someone came to the US and fell in love. If they cannot provide a unique skillset, you are going to prevent them from coming there to be with the person they love? Wth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    Firstly, most countries are bound by UN policy to accept refugees and asylum seekers. Secondly, imagine if someone came to the US and fell in love. If they cannot provide a unique skillset, you are going to prevent them from coming there to be with the person they love? Wth.
    I have family dating back to the 1600s in the uk. As an American I cannot live in England. But anyone in some war torn Muslim nation just walks right in? Yea, WTH?

15+ Year Old Account
    I have family dating back to the 1600s in the uk. As an American I cannot live in England. But anyone in some war torn Muslim nation just walks right in? Yea, WTH?
    are you serious?

damn, empathy

the western world owns about what 4/5 of the worlds wealth? and you think we can´t provide for a few immigrants?

aaah it´s good to be european, i could live in england next month if i wanted

10+ Year Old Account
    are you serious?

damn, empathy

the western world owns about what 4/5 of the worlds wealth? and you think we can´t provide for a few immigrants?

aaah it´s good to be european, i could live in england next month if i wanted
    Saudi Arabia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saudi Arabia.
    if you don´t have a valid response, don´t bother

Um, yeah you can. http://www.migrationexpert.co.uk/visa_uk/

Oh and "some war torn Muslim nation"...Do you even know what it is to be in a war torn country? I don't think you have the faintest idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    Um, yeah you can. http://www.migrationexpert.co.uk/visa_uk/

Oh and "some war torn Muslim nation"...Do you even know what it is to be in a war torn country? I don't think you have the faintest idea.
    That visa is only valid if you're the son or daughter of someone living there or spouse. Not the grand child. Not the nephew. None of that applies. If you're not a direct child you have no right to ever set foot in the UK. Muslims? Sure, come on over. That's FAIR isn't it?

That visa is only valid if you're the son or daughter of someone living there or spouse. Not the grand child. Not the nephew. None of that applies. If you're not a direct child you have no right to ever set foot in the UK. Muslims? Sure, come on over. That's FAIR isn't it?
    There are different kinds of visas. Work visas, travel visas, business visas, temporary workers visas, working vacation visas. Hell, there are a number of nationalities that don't even require a visa to enter the UK.

Take your bullshit elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    soooo, you living in a not war torn country while the "muslims" are living in a war torn country is fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Its interesting to read how some people find the basic tenants of American government to actually be core problems.

The founders had issue with England denying the freedom to assemble. So they enshrined the freedom to assemble in the Constitution. To hear people argue that the Tea Party has too much influence or lobbyists have too much power....all of that is about the freedom to assemble.

If you want to get rid of lobbyists, that ALSO eliminates things like Occupy Wall Street and the right of workers to go on strike, because both of those are also examples of groups of people organizing to possibly lobby their government for change. No more marches in protest because that is also lobbying. And if you don't want the Tea Party to have "too much power"...what does that even mean? I can't square that with freedom to assemble.
    There's nothing about the removal of lobbying that would eliminate the right to strike. You're just constructing false conflations.