Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now I wish I could go back in time to stop me from reading all of this. Titan is a new IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans aside.. They've also long and multiple times debunked the myth of how WoW ends at 100 levels.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

>Blizz says Titan is new IP
    >Blizz says Titan is dead
    >Titan is actually WoW 2 and not dead
    >Blizz was lying whole time and in order to prevent anger lies about game being dead
    >Blizz pulls off biggest troll ever

>Titan sucks
    >Flops harder than D3
    >RIP Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Shareholders that want to see them push forward with the biggest gaming cashcow we have ever seen. NOT SOME NEW RISKY IP!!!

Dont be a sheep!
    Which is Blizzard's biggest problem right now,they're stagnated , they're not moving forward as a company, they've stopped taking any risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Lying is hard.
    They said it at their shareholder meetings. Lying to your investors is stupid and will get you sued.

Quote Originally Posted by fetju View Post
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/0...lizzard-title/
    Titan is not related to WoW, they have actually said this a few times. And with the recent talk of Titans "restructuring", is likely dead anyways.
    I can easily use that article to support the OPs statement...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Morhaime in the article
    We're not trying to make a WoW sequel.
    Because it's a reboot not a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Morhaime in the article
    To break the mold, sometimes you have to start over
    Exactly what the OP suggests they're doing with Titan/WoW 2.0

I'm definitely not saying I believe this for a fact...but it's not outside the realm of possibility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Which is Blizzard's biggest problem right now,they're stagnated , they're not moving forward as a company, they've stopped taking any risks.
    What are you talking about? There has just been a monumental change in the structure and governance of the whole company/setup.

You'd have to be insane to think WoW is going to die anytime soon. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    To you it's their biggest problem. That can be separate from reality.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    They already said titan will have nothing to do with their previous games.
    as far as i know. Rather secure sources have said that Project titan is a spinoff of a IP they already have. So could be a SC or diablo mmo for all we know.

and inb4 source or it didnt happen.
    I dont have the source. It was in a thread here on mmo-champ ages ago. And tbh. i dont really care if you believe it or not. I know what i read. I know that its not confirmed neither denied. Only thing to do now is wait for blizzcon 2015 to see whats going on.

Deleted
    Not taking any risks ---> releasing "Titan" although they are not entirely convinced.
    Taking a step back and maybe (partly) resetting years of work and money? Huge risk.

Not taking any risks ---> staying under Vivendi, who are not remotely interested in video games and just see the cash to finance their other ventures.
    Getting out of it in a billion dollar deal? HUGE RISK.

Conclusion:
    No idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    They've actually mentioned that they DO intend to have WoW and 'Titan' around at the same time in the past, and that they intended to design Titan in such a way that it competing with WoW wouldn't be a problem.
    Blizzard is a company well known for their lies about their future products, so that could mean nothing at all, you know. I fail to see how any mmo-rpg could be created in a way that its not competing with wow, we've seen lots of projects from other devs failed in this particular task. And I think Blizzard understand that even their own MMO will have hard time, either it steals revenue from wow or people will try it and still return back to wow. I believe it is the very reason Titan was declined.

Anyway, nobody can take away man's dreams. I'd love Titan to be a wow-2 in a different place. Something like we destroy Sargeras but the whole universe starts to destroy itself in process. So we open portal into another time and space and - hello new world, with new classes and all that stuff

I don't know what are you talking about. Blizzard is almost the last gamedev company in the world that still takes risks and creates new IPs (see Hearthstone and new dota) instead of plain milking old ones by sequeling, remaking and sidestepping.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-11-04 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    >>Flops harder than D3
    fastest selling pc game ever dude.

Maybe Azeroth with not 90% of the Land destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    I really hope Titan is WoW 2

Lying is hard.
    Lying like that is suicide for big companies, especially when dealing with gamers. Everyone will be upset that it's not some new shiny thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It certainly hasn't stopped Blizzard so far.
    How have they lied? By cutting features that just didn't work out?

Great post OP. Really enjoyed the read. Thanks for putting theory in the description and not OMG blizz employee leaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was essentially WoW2.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    fastest selling pc game ever dude.
    That figure includes all the free copies that went out with the WoW Annual Pass
    and just because people bought it doesn't mean it wasn't a flop...you'll notice they bought it BEFORE they played it...

WOW2 is actually the only thing that makes sense for Blizzard to do at this given time. They have alienated their core audience and are left behind with people who have little to no loyalty and are extremely hard to please in the long run (Not all of course, but a good portion). They made a twist trying to make WOW a game catering to everyone, and as a well known fact when it comes to branding and marketing, that isn't possible. You need to have a target demographic. Blizzard had one, alienated them and are left bleeding subs in a record pace.

This is obviously something the shareholders will find extremely disturbing, and there is no point in making arguments like: "WoW still have 7.7 million subs and I bet Blizzard is extatic about that. Biggest MMO!!" Wrong! The company has gotten used to having the revenue 12 million+ subscribers bring in, thus adjusting their operational costs and investments so that it matches their income. When the income takes a hit, things like R&D takes a plunge (Titan, new IP) and the company normally will try to get their target demographic back. Don't forget ActivisionBlizzard just bought out Vivendi. That was a major investment meaning they can't actually afford to let WoW plunge much more. They need the moolas now.

So... How is this done? Let's be practical now: Blizzard has THE biggest IP in the gaming world. It is so huge and viral that it must be seen as a cultural phenomona and not "just a game". They have 5+ years of developing an engine for their new IP (titan). Blizzard also know that a reboot heavy on the retconning (eg. Pandaria wasn't real after all) in a timeline that was not just a hoax will bring players back to WoW. If they also let their titles, mounts etc. (co-existing with WoW1, Not a direct competitor to WoW as everyone will jump ship) they have a big chance of retaining their current player base.

WoW2 is not just a possibility in the future, it is the only logical step for Blizzard if they don't want to go bankrupt. No other IP, IN THE WORLD, has the income potential World of Warcraft has, they just need to single out their target customer. This might be a bold statement, but looking at sub drops the last year, it's not gonna be the MoP fanbois who thinks Blizz can do no wrong, it will be the audience that plays an RPG where achieving things actually require more effort than doing dailys for a week. Namely the casual+ and hardcore gamers.