10+ Year Old Account

BoA Unlocks: Your Legacy in World of Warcraft

Dear Blizz,

Here are some QoL changes which I (no one but me) would love to see come to World of Warcraft:

1. Race/Class Combo unlocks: We all know you can write lore to make anything work, so do it.

2. BoA Flight Tome: After getting to 90 3 times back to back, I think it would be nice to sell a tome for 10k gold which allows a lvl 1 alt every riding skill up to 310%

3. Change all BoP items to BoA and allow us to send useful items to alts. It might encourage us to play them more. Plus, if they are not useful, we can vendor them anyway.

4. Change the number 16 on the default back pack to 28. It does not need to be swappable. Keep it hard coded, but change the number of slots from 16 to 28.

5. Cross faction mounts. We've been playing long enough, I say if we defeat another player in PvP, we get a chance to COPY their race specific mount into our usable list. So, if I beat an orc, I get a wolf mount. If I beat a Tauren, I get a kodo. They keep their mount, I just get a copy of it.

6. Scroll of town portal: We already have scroll of Recall for Scribes. I say we go one further and allow Mages to make Scroll of Teleport (Insert city here) and sell them.

7. Tri-Spec: Let's just make all 3 usable without having to unlearn one to learn the 3rd again.

8. PvP Combat Restrictions: When in combat, insert an invisible barrier which prevents flagged opponents from phasing while IN COMBAT. Once out of combat, they can line jump and phase out, but in combat, no abusing phase mechanics.

I'm sure there are more that others might like, but these are mine. Feel free to add your own below.

5. Cross faction mounts. We've been playing long enough, I say if we defeat another player in PvP, we get a chance to COPY their race specific mount into our usable list. So, if I beat an orc, I get a wolf mount. If I beat a Tauren, I get a kodo. They keep their mount, I just get a copy of it.

I don't like this idea, though I do like there being a LOW CHANCE maybe per kill of a class to obtain a mount in a bg when looting an insignia.

8. PvP Combat Restrictions: When in combat, insert an invisible barrier which prevents flagged opponents from phasing while IN COMBAT. Once out of combat, they can line jump and phase out, but in combat, no abusing phase mechanics.

Good idea, why is hasn't been implemented before boggles my mind.

3. Change all BoP items to BoA and allow us to send useful items to alts. It might encourage us to play them more. Plus, if they are not useful, we can vendor them anyway.

I can't agree with this, sounds like it would reduce playability in some way.

1. Race/Class Combo unlocks: We all know you can write lore to make anything work, so do it.

I'd love a Blood Elf Shaman or even an Undead Shaman, but it just seems ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Race/Class Combo unlocks
    - No. We already have a bunch of combos that don't make sense lore-wise, let's not add to the mess "just because we can".

2. BoA Flight Tome
    - While this might be nice, it will never happen. Blizz already doesn't like how people fly all over as it is...

3. Change all BoP items to BoA
    - omfg no. There is so many reasons why this is a horrible idea. You think a Mage/Warlock rolling on spirit gear is annoying, think about them rolling on Plate gear for their alt.

4. Change the number 16 on the default back pack to 28. It does not need to be swappable. Keep it hard coded, but change the number of slots from 16 to 28.
    - Yes, please. It's so pitiful the default non-swappable bag is so small still.

- NO NO NO NO NO NO. It pissed me off with Brewfest. If you want the other factions mounts, play that faction.

6. Scroll of town portal. We already have scroll of Recall for Scribes. I say we go one further and allow Mages to make Scroll of Teleport (Insert city here) and sell them.
    - Because we need even less social interaction in a MMO... makes so much sense. Besides, are there not enough portals already in the game to get whereever you want??

7. Tri-Spec: Let's just make all 3 usable without having to unlearn one to learn the 3rd again.
    - There is no reason for it, dual specs is enough.

- Easily fixed... DO NOT PLAY ON A PVP SERVER. People seem to completely ignore this and continue to complain. Oh, you want PvP only on your terms? Sorry, life doesn't work like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't see why anyone in their right mind would have a problem with any of these suggestions. I would be especially happy if cross faction mounts were implemented so my total per character would be higher and I would also really appreciate the 3rd spec.

EDIT: Wow everyone in this thread is a negative nelly. Do people not see that these suggestions would only make the game more convenient? How in the world is that bad?
    Last edited by ACES; 2013-11-04 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was essentially no more soulbound items, why would anyone hit greed rather than need?

1. Race/Class Combo unlocks:
    Have to say no to this one too. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

2. BoA Flight Tome:
    Mixed feelings on this one. Would be nice for alts, but encouraging flying can ruin the immersion. I like flying, but I do like exploring the world the way it was meant to be.

3. Change all BoP items to BoA:
    This is a terrible idea and anyone can tell you why.

Blizzard has repeatedly said that the backpack is hard coded into the character data and it's not as easy as changing a 16 to a 28. They've tried changing it before and it broke a ton of things.

No thanks. Picking a different faction should make you feel different from the other one.

6. Scroll of town portal. We already have scroll of Recall for Scribes. I say we go one further and allow Mages to make Scroll of Teleport (Insert city here) and sell them.
    There's plenty of ways to travel already. Mage portals, Pandaria portals, flying... this isn't really necessary.

I think dual spec is enough as it is. One more spec would make people feel like they'd have to play all specs or they might be pressured into playing a spec they don't want to from others.

This is probably the most idiotic suggestion I've ever heard... Just don't play on a PvP server... it's really that simple. Getting ganked is part of MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post

I'd love a Blood Elf Shaman or even an Undead Shaman, but it just seems ridiculous.
    Instead of just tampering with the lore to allow whatever combinations the player wants, how about specific subsets or sub-races within the already established figures? Being able to further distinguish your orc with the look of a Blackrock Orc or brown-skinned Mag'har for instance. (Dark Iron Dwarves for dwarves as well.)

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren Rogue, here i come
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I honestly can't see why anyone in their right mind would have a problem with any of these suggestions. I would be especially happy if cross faction mounts were implemented so my total per character would be higher and I would also really appreciate the 3rd spec.

EDIT: Wow everyone in this thread is a negative nelly. Do people not see that these suggestions would only make the game more convenient? How in the world is that bad?
    That is the problem... Convenience, which leads to entitlement. Just because you have a max level character why should you be able to fly at level one and a brand new character has to run on foot? Because you already leveled a character? Thats entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Tauren Rogue, here i come
    well i read that the lore has a ogre rogue so, everything goes

I do wish Blizzard would add more account unlocks. I was actually hoping the changes that they are putting into the Diablo 3 expansion would be some kind of indication of future plans for WoW.

Read: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/25/ho...ould-steal-it/

D3 uses item appearances - once an item's appearance is unlocked, it's bound to your account and any character on that account can use that appearance in transmogrification. So if you have two barbarians and one has Unending War, the other can use its appearance in transmog. In WoW, if you have a warrior with Ashkandi, your death knight still has to farm BWL to get it if she wants to use that item for transmog.
    My kingdom for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugh View Post
    1. Race/Class Combo unlocks
    - No. We already have a bunch of combos that don't make sense lore-wise, let's not add to the mess "just because we can".

2. BoA Flight Tome
    - While this might be nice, it will never happen. Blizz already doesn't like how people fly all over as it is...

3. Change all BoP items to BoA
    - omfg no. There is so many reasons why this is a horrible idea. You think a Mage/Warlock rolling on spirit gear is annoying, think about them rolling on Plate gear for their alt.

- Yes, please. It's so pitiful the default non-swappable bag is so small still.

- NO NO NO NO NO NO. It pissed me off with Brewfest. If you want the other factions mounts, play that faction.

- Because we need even less social interaction in a MMO... makes so much sense. Besides, are there not enough portals already in the game to get whereever you want??

- There is no reason for it, dual specs is enough.

- Easily fixed... DO NOT PLAY ON A PVP SERVER. People seem to completely ignore this and continue to complain. Oh, you want PvP only on your terms? Sorry, life doesn't work like that.
    You seem a bit bitter. Just to clear up a few things. I PvP on a PvE realm during holiday events. I love the fight, til some jackhole horde cheats and steps next to the SW wall and phases out of Elwynn forest, then I have to hop back and forth, by which time he has his pet and all his heath back. I am ALL FOR PvP, but manipulating CRZ environmental details to escape certain death is chickenshit, and bullshit.

As for making items BoA instead of BoP, this would only apply to world drops or quest rewards. Rolls would still be character specific.

As for scrolls, they are a convenient means for some holidays like Brewfest, or other world events that require some travelling. Also, It would be a great way for Mages to pick up some spare change. Another little niche in the market.

I was pleased to see you at least liked the bag idea. I know it is not swappable, but should be able to mod the number of slots on the default.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the problem... Convenience, which leads to entitlement. Just because you have a max level character why should you be able to fly at level one and a brand new character has to run on foot? Because you already leveled a character? Thats entitlement.
    They have this in SWTOR for Legacy unlocks. You can unlock all 3 levels of speeders at level 1 with enough gold or cartel coins. I think paying for ALL flight right up front is hardly entitlement. I worked to hit 90 THREE times (or more). I PAID the 10,000 gold for the Tome. It is hardly a handout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Instead of just tampering with the lore to allow whatever combinations the player wants, how about specific subsets or sub-races within the already established figures? Being able to further distinguish your orc with the look of a Blackrock Orc or brown-skinned Mag'har for instance. (Dark Iron Dwarves for dwarves as well.)
    Because Gnomes are my favorite race and I want to PAY to race change my Pally, Druid, Hunter, and Shaman to Gnome once the unlock occurs. Subraces do not satisfy the LACK of classes available to my favorite race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    If there was essentially no more soulbound items, why would anyone hit greed rather than need?
    BoP to BoA would not apply to Rolls. If there is no roll (i.e. soloing a dungeon or raid), or it is a world drop or quest reward, it would be BoA. Like the loot from the rare spawns in Pandaria. Make it like the TI loot. Instead of loot, it is a BoA token. I would NEVER allow BoA transition where Rolling is involved. Logistical nightmare from a large number of greedy bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post

I wish more people would But, they are entitled to their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    While the restriction of Class / Race may seem arbitary and there are some combinations I still don't quite understand, I don't think just allowing any Race / Class combination is a good idea. World of Warcraft should retain some aspect of RPG within their game, and I think this is one of the features we often mistake as a nusisance

2. BoA Flight Tome: After getting to 90 3 times back to back, I think it would be nice to sell a tome for 10k gold which allows a lvl 1 alt every riding skill up to 310%
    I agree with the idea, but your implementation just doesn't seem right. Giving a Level #1 access to the maximum riding capability just doesn't feel right in an RPG, let alone one on a massive scale! Allowing you to buy one for your characters is fine, much like they had within Wrath of the Lich King.

Sorry, but then where is the individual character progression?

If I can be swapping all my gear between characters, then how do I identify truly with which character had done what? The use of BoA Armour I think is quite alright at the moment, but swapping all BoP gear into BoA is just insane.

I understand the desire for more bag space, but you don't honestly think it is that simple, do you? As a Game Developer, I can tell you, that isn't a simple task that can be done in 3 minutes, and even if they give you 1,000 slots, you'll still fill it, and desire more.

There are smarter ways to resolve this issue.

I really don't see why this is needed. There are many cross-faction mount options available, and while some are more luck orientated, it's not as restricted as it was years ago. I don't see this as an incentive either to PvP.

6. Scroll of town portal: We already have scroll of Recall for Scribes. I say we go one further and allow Mages to make Scroll of Teleport (Insert city here) and sell them.
    You've got a flying mount, and generally access to almost every area of the world, or at least it'll be within a 5 minute flight. We don't need more teleports in the game, allowing players to simple move from area to area without ever doing more then clicking a button.

Convenience is not always the key to happiness. Tri-Spec would certainly make things nicer, but I don't see why it's needed. Dual-Spec was brought in for an obvious reason, but I don't think there are many players who are regular players (excluding potentially Druids), of more then two specs often enough to warrant a Tri-Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    While the restriction of Class / Race may seem arbitary and there are some combinations I still don't quite understand, I don't think just allowing any Race / Class combination is a good idea. World of Warcraft should retain some aspect of RPG within their game, and I think this is one of the features we often mistake as a nusisance
    Despite butting heads over a few issues I am in agreement with the OP that we need more race/class combos and the game should eventually lead to everyone being able to be everything.

However, if they are going to go the account unlock route kind of like Supes is suggesting I think there's a much better way to do it.

Picture, if you will, a quest chain implemented in order to explain the appearance of new race/class combos. Taking my example from another topic... You are playing as a Horde character, any Horde character. On one of the quest boards in Orgrimmar there is a bread crumb quest about secret meetings going on among Forsaken in the Western Plaguelands. You head there and you discover a group of Forsaken warriors and priests are forming a new order where they can recapture their faith in the light, and they are doing so under the guidance of the ghost of Sir Zeliek, one of the fallen horsemen from Naxxramas! Sylvanas catches wind of this and sends agents to eliminate them for fear that their faith in the light will prove a hindrance to the Forsaken's goals. You defend them in a drawn out battle when agents from the Argent Crusade arrive to offer shelter to this new Forsaken order. Sylvanas withdraws... For now... And with this quest chain complete you can now make a Forsaken paladin!

Now picture if they did this for all new race/class combos. Something about Akama training draenei as rogues, a quest chain where some worgen and gnomes train to become paladins, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love the idea of changing BoP to BoA, it would make my alts lives so much easier.

1) I like lore, but I'm not ocd about it; I say, play whatever you like; the decision should be fully yours. If you want to be an undead pali or a belf shammy or a panda druid or dk, or whatever you like, so be it. I think the limitations are outdated.

2) I'd say 2 max levels gives you a shot at a tome similar to cold flying (current content); but tomes to unlock some of the stuff a bit earlier might be ok. It is a decision they could never go back on. Level 1 mounts in other games are awesome!!! I actually would love it in WoW; but I know there would be some outcry (hell, I'm surprised the anti-flying crowd hasn't become anti-mount crowd yet).

3) Changing some BoP to BtA might be ok; but I'd just like a full set of heirlooms for every slot that scaled up to the start of the new xpac without a currency gouge upgrade. They have some BtA items from professions and I think that is a good idea. Not sure it needs to be expanded much more; a handful of items each xpac from various professions works imo

4) I don't know exactly their limitations; but I think most want this. I like some other games approaches. I also think they need to adopt one of the bag addon approaches to bag space; it is a cleaner set up to have one ui element open up instead of 5. If they went through with this sort of change; it should be the size of whatever they plan the xpac they implement it in's max bag space; let's go with 36 as a placeholder

I think they need a mild UI overhaul overall; adopting more of the neat and clean addons, and adapting more ui modifications as standard; WoW's ui options are ancient and lacking compared to every other MMO out there without any addons.

5) It'd be better implemented if you received tokens from killing specific races. It would cost a relatively high amount meant to be earned over time; and only can be earned in non-instanced PvP.

6) I agree. Our transportation is quite limited compared to today's standard. It needs to cost you; but needs to not be such a hindrance. The game is not Vanilla. There are two extra continents plus a couple large disconnected zones added to Azeroth alone, plus outland, plus whatever we get next xpac. I think a connecting portal in all the major cities is needed and makes sense. You wouldn't have a portal to blasted lands, but not your other faction capitals. It would spread people out (especially once all the mergers are done [call it what you will] and realms get full; they didn't use crystalsong because of dalaran lag). Mage or Inscription crafted teleport scrolls would make travel more convenient, which I think will get people around more; especially if they made scrolls that teleported to hard to reach places, not teleports to your capitals (use your hearth or various other items that already can bring you back).

7) With what they plan, you won't even need dual spec any longer. If it saved your action bar set up for all 3 specs; the only possible issue you might have is if you wished to have a PvP spec set up different than the PvE one; having a list of action bar setup saves is a much better approach; maybe give people 10 action bar saves? You'd have to use whatever dust necessary to reset glyphs and talents, but that is a minor expense anyway.

8) there is much more that needs to be done with PvP; flat out changing how all spells operate between PvP and PvE should happen to break apart them trying to balance and/or nerfing the hell out of one for the other. That is ridiculous and lazy design that creates more work long term (with their blatant disrespect for the player implying they are too stupid to read the tooltips and understand why things are different when a lot of spells are already designed that way).

There is a ton of stuff I'd change or modify; but they are major changes and I've said quite a few of them before in various threads.

The game will keep improving; maybe not to each individual, but on the whole. I hope they are able to get some eyes and minds in their team that can step outside their box and make some major changes to systems to make the game feel fresh without pushing them away. It is a hard thing to do to keep a game like this going for this long. Armchair devs like most of us see a lot of options; and some of them are amazing; but not all of them are realistic or fit the bigger picture goals we aren't privy to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    imho - the whole Need/Greed system is archaic and should get replaced. It was never a good idea, and has been a source of complaints since WoW started.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem a bit bitter. Just to clear up a few things. I PvP on a PvE realm during holiday events. I love the fight, til some jackhole horde cheats and steps next to the SW wall and phases out of Elwynn forest, then I have to hop back and forth, by which time he has his pet and all his heath back. I am ALL FOR PvP, but manipulating CRZ environmental details to escape certain death is chickenshit, and bullshit.

As for making items BoA instead of BoP, this would only apply to world drops or quest rewards. Rolls would still be character specific.

As for scrolls, they are a convenient means for some holidays like Brewfest, or other world events that require some travelling. Also, It would be a great way for Mages to pick up some spare change. Another little niche in the market.

I was pleased to see you at least liked the bag idea. I know it is not swappable, but should be able to mod the number of slots on the default.
    I don't see where I came off bitter at all, I made one personal statement about Brewfest mounts and that was hardly bitter. Crying that someone is cheesing game mechanics sounds bitter to me. How about this, instead of wasting time on adding in a "PvP Combat Restriction" like you suggest they spend time and resources improving CRZ so this can't happen. Also, if you know this is going to happen you are the dumbfock who continues to go after these people and allow them to grief you... move along.

And exactly how many world drops (gear only) are actually soulbound? Last time I checked they are BoE. Pandaria rares have their loot tied to them specifically and are not world drops. So because I have multiple toons that can clear almost all previous tiers solo I have the ability to deck out other toons with gear they didnt earn? Again, goes back to my previous argument about lvl 1 flight - why should you have this advantage over a brand new player.

The scrolls are still pointless. There is way to many different transportation methods in the game at the moment. Your factions Shrine has a portal to EVERY major city. Every major city (with the exception of Shatt and Dalaran for obvious reasons) has a portal to The Dark Portal (Outlands). Org/SW have portals to every Cata zone (3 out of 5 have a portal back). Shatt and Dalaran have portals to Caverns of Time. So you want 310 flying on a level 1 character AND be able to buy portals whenever you want. Exactly how flipping lazy are you dude?!?!

They have this in SWTOR for Legacy unlocks. You can unlock all 3 levels of speeders at level 1 with enough gold or cartel coins. I think paying for ALL flight right up front is hardly entitlement. I worked to hit 90 THREE times (or more). I PAID the 10,000 gold for the Tome. It is hardly a handout.
    This is different, SWTOR offers microtransactions which Blizzard does not. There is no unfair advantage over this as you can spend real money if you truly wanted to.

Oh and since you feel the need to continuously repeat how many times you hit 90, Congrat-aflipping-lations! You make it sound like it's such a hard thing to do or it requires serious work - if anything you are making yourself sound like you are entitled to things because you did such a simple task. I have nine, what does that get me? Jack squat.
    Last edited by Zugh; 2013-11-04 at 11:15 PM. Reason: hit submit to fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Despite butting heads over a few issues I am in agreement with the OP that we need more race/class combos and the game should eventually lead to everyone being able to be everything.

However, if they are going to go the account unlock route kind of like Supes is suggesting I think there's a much better way to do it.

Picture, if you will, a quest chain implemented in order to explain the appearance of new race/class combos. Taking my example from another topic... You are playing as a Horde character, any Horde character. On one of the quest boards in Orgrimmar there is a bread crumb quest about secret meetings going on among Forsaken in the Western Plaguelands. You head there and you discover a group of Forsaken warriors and priests are forming a new order where they can recapture their faith in the light, and they are doing so under the guidance of the ghost of Sir Zeliek, one of the fallen horsemen from Naxxramas! Sylvanas catches wind of this and sends agents to eliminate them for fear that their faith in the light will prove a hindrance to the Forsaken's goals. You defend them in a drawn out battle when agents from the Argent Crusade arrive to offer shelter to this new Forsaken order. Sylvanas withdraws... For now... And with this quest chain complete you can now make a Forsaken paladin!

Now picture if they did this for all new race/class combos. Something about Akama training draenei as rogues, a quest chain where some worgen and gnomes train to become paladins, and so on.
    I like this plan and would be happy to fill in a quest line to unlock certain items in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see where I came off bitter at all, I made one personal statement about Brewfest mounts and that was hardly bitter. Crying that someone is cheesing game mechanics sounds bitter to me. How about this, instead of wasting time on adding in a "PvP Combat Restriction" like you suggest they spend time and resources improving CRZ so this can't happen. Also, if you know this is going to happen you are the dumbfock who continues to go after these people and allow them to grief you... move along.

And exactly how many world drops (gear only) are actually soulbound? Last time I checked they are BoE. Pandaria rares have their loot tied to them specifically and are not world drops. So because I have multiple toons that can clear almost all previous tiers solo I have the ability to deck out other toons with gear they didnt earn? Again, goes back to my previous argument about lvl 1 flight - why should you have this advantage over a brand new player.

The scrolls are still pointless. There is way to many different transportation methods in the game at the moment. Your factions Shrine has a portal to EVERY major city. Every major city (with the exception of Shatt and Dalaran for obvious reasons) has a portal to The Dark Portal (Outlands). Org/SW have portals to every Cata zone (3 out of 5 have a portal back). Shatt and Dalaran have portals to Caverns of Time. So you want 310 flying on a level 1 character AND be able to buy portals whenever you want. Exactly how flipping lazy are you dude?!?!

This is different, SWTOR offers microtransactions which Blizzard does not. There is no unfair advantage over this as you can spend real money if you truly wanted to.

Oh and since you feel the need to continuously repeat how many times you hit 90, Congrat-aflipping-lations! You make it sound like it's such a hard thing to do or it requires serious work - if anything you are making yourself sound like you are entitled to things because you did such a simple task. I have nine, what does that get me? Jack squat.
    Why are you so complacent to not ask for more? What if having 9 gifted you a free 10th lvl 90 of your choice that you could roll, vet out, and decide whether or not to keep it? Or, what if having 9 90s unlocked a complete set of 553 gear giftable to one character? Your problem is you are happy to let Blizz do whatever the fuck they please. It's like they shit on your burger and you ate it anyway. Why not step outside of your little complacent box and actually ASK for something? Every change ever made in this game started as a pipe dream, a request from some nobody player. Now we have things like flying mounts, city portals, 28 slot bags, pets who attack and use their own specials, the removal of ammunition, and the list goes on. If you are happy with the game as it stands, I'm happy for you. But don't sit there like a smug fuck and insult me just because I want to ask for some changes.