Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    When you're a child, you would think Tarantulas are among the most frightening things on earth, but when you grow up, you begin to realize they're actually very docile and generally friendly towards humans. Are you still scared of them or view them in disdain?
    Not really scared.
    I find the blue ones really amazing ^_^

"If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I had like the biggest fucking spider ever inside my house some week ago, well big for Denmark anyway...

Yep, still scared. Actually called my dad, asking for him to see it, and then we found an object to hit it with, and then I killed it off with normal big layer off toilet paper..

Damn dem spiders inn the bathroom :&
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Spiders in general I don't mind, but a big hairy tarantula crawling on my neck or something? No thanks.

Deleted
    Ehm, I've only seen a real Tarantula once in my life. And that was in some kind of zoo. Well, they only had reptiles, snakes and spiders, but you get the idea.

Yeah, that's the life in Europe. No dangerous animals here to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it depends. If I were to see one in my house I'd be terrified, I'd want it dead.
    In a zoo or in pictures, no problem, it's fine. Just not in my house or garden please.

If I saw one in my room/house, it would find itself facing the cover of a very heavy book accelerating towards it at at least 9.81m/s²

I don't mind the little house spiders, so long as they keep themselves to themselves.

I would catch them on the Marine base in Tustin and keep them as pets for a week or two until I let them go. They were awesome and the ones there were fairly gentle. Now the ones that live by me now in the desert are much more aggresive and I wouldn't handle them like I did when I was a child, although I am not afraid of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Ehm, I've only seen a real Tarantula once in my life. And that was in some kind of zoo. Well, they only had reptiles, snakes and spiders, but you get the idea.

Yeah, that's the life in Europe. No dangerous animals here to worry about.
    Besides humans.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I like spiders, I even think Black Widows are kinda cute even though I have to kill them on site because I have kids. I have all kinds of spider adventures up here in the mountains, we had a young tarantula that kept sneaking back into the house 4 days in a row. My 2 year old daughter tries to pick em up all the time too, lol. Here's a red backed jumping spider that was on my wife's car the other day. I think she was pregnant, I tried to pick her up but I think all my poking at her was making her cranky. Big one too, about half an inch long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    When you're a child, you would think Tarantulas are among the most frightening things on earth, but when you grow up, you begin to realize they're actually very docile and generally friendly towards humans. Are you still scared of them or view them in disdain?
    When I was younger I didn't mind bugs and spiders, then I got older and realized they have fangs and can bite you so I generally stay away from those types.

I don't mind them if they don't bite/aren't poisonous, in a controlled environment that is. Don't want them in my bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Anyone that isn't afraid of a creature such as a tarantula (at first sight) has most likely a mental disorder considering the image of such creatures are hardwired into our brains as a threat. When you get accustomed to the threats, you generally see that it's not such a life and death situation like our ancestors had with them.

I myself like spiders considering they clean up the place of other insects - that is aslong as they stay away from me and my bed.
    Actually speaking from a purely Scientific POV, the fear of a Spider is not hard-wired, however, the fear of SNAKES is actually hard-wired. Evolutionary biologists could probably explain why but I don't know why one and not the other.

Never been afraid or spiders. There's no particularly dangerous ones here, and we have tarantulas. I don't like things crawling on me, though, especially large insects or arachnids, it just feels too weird. I'll pick up smaller spiders and let them out of the house, but with larger stuff, I'll use a cup or a dustpan or something. Now, cockroaches, though, those nasty-ass pests, they die on sight. They're like walking vomit pellets in my disgusting-meter.

The common puerto rican brown tarantula.
    Last edited by Biske; 2013-11-06 at 07:04 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand spiders, especially not quick ones. Strangely, I wouldn't mind trying to hold a tarantula, but a small or medium size spider ? no chance in hell.

I find them more gross than scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I clicked some of the links and seen some of the images you people posted. All I have to say is...

Every single other critter I'm fine with. Even that walking vomit the cockroach. But spiders need to die. If they are in my house in near my proximity I will murder any spider, with extreme prejudice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped my car in the middle of my driveway once because a tarantula was crossing it. I got out and watched as it went into the grass ^_^

Another time my family saw a tarantula in the driveway while visitors were leaving. We formed a circle around it so the visitors wouldn't accidentally kill the tarantula.

I've never actually had a fear of spiders really. Bees and wasps though... and I've only come to accept bees. Wasps are still scary T.T

Nope fuck spiders. Still same stance.

I'll be pretty frightened if I ever saw one outside of a cage.

I don't mind spiders in general as long as I'm distanced from them. We even had one that we fed grasshoppers when I was younger.

Still, I keep them in my sight at all times, and would definitely be scared if the tarantula was loose.

I just have something against mandibles, and the thought of hairy little legs crawling on me (which I've gotten to experience firsthand, it's exactly as awful as I expected).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.