Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    People have on average 10 ilvl higher then it was originally killed with. I killed heroic garrosh with a 564 ilvl, I'm now at 576.Are you saying that isn't overly gearing the encounter? Heroic garrosh was killed 6 weeks ago. If your dps is lacking that much, you have way bigger problems.
    Well, 2.5m damage may not be as big in 25man as it is in 10man, and in 10 man you would never use DS for this fight, cause the early whirlings, when you easily can stack up, are easily doable without. If you were to pick a talent for pure healing output when it's needed, cascade is the way to go for garrosh 10m.

There is also another way to look at it, when you start to progress a fight, people will get better and better over time, that is how it works, if i as a healer could help out with a large portion of damage where its really needed, it might take us 10-20 less pulls to get confidence with that phase.

Dps check is really tough also, wich is the main reason a few of the first 10 man kills were made with one healer only.

I'm not sure how content that was first killed 5 weeks of gear ago would still have a "difficult" enrage timer. With the fact you are grouped up for 85-90% of the fight divine star should be the best option.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I'm not sure how content that was first killed 5 weeks of gear ago would still have a "difficult" enrage timer. With the fact you are grouped up for 85-90% of the fight divine star should be the best option.
    I don't understand your point. You're saying they're overgeared that means both healing and dps shouldn't be "difficult". Who cares then what the better healing talent is? They weren't having problems with healing but dps on some parts was still a challenge, so he picked the better dps talent.

The best option isn't the one that gives you more output, it's the one that makes the fight easiest for your group.

Deleted
    First of all main reason for halo being the best is still the 1st intermission, and that intermission has never rly been that much about gear, it is more about utility spells and tons of cleave and the right classes, 3 item levels here and there wont do a lot, besides the only ones who killed it with below 567 I lvl was paragon and they had 566, my guild personally had 570 so the difference isnt THAT big and esp when u know that paragon had to step down to 1 healer, instead we played it safe and went with 2 but obv that meant we were just as close to those timers as paragon would be, since we only had a Dpriest and not a Dpriest/MW obv this goes for prime too since they had a setup close to the same as the one my guild had.
    But then again i totally get why any 25 man priests would use DS but if you still dont believe us, try it urself and see how well u guys do without a halo for empowered whirlings or 1st intermission.

Deleted
    Congrats on the heroic kill. Luckily for me i'm being sat out since shadow clearly offers no feasible raid utility compared to our other raiders.
    Sad face I hope WoD brings some big changes for shadow, fed up of being sat out every other fight because either 1. Single target is lame compared to every other caster 2. I offer lack lustre raid utility compared to other classes.

Deleted
    Lol only on MMO champion would one hardcore heroic raider come into the thread of another hardcore heroic raider and tell them that their raid team have issues since they only just managed to down Garrosh Heroic. Elitism at its finest.

Congratulations OP! Nice work

Please stop posting, your guild killed it on 25-man while you are a dps. Yet you are here giving advice about how to heal 10-man heroic. You are really the wrong person to give advice and write with that type of attitude. The fact that you are clueless is painfully obvious. It's not about enrage timers(rofl). It's mostly about making first intermission dps, and p3 dps(before you get Desecrate, Whirling and MC within like 5 seconds of eachother which is insanely hard to deal with.) Most people that killed this boss was 2 healing with MW+Disc, which means the healers can help out quite a lot on the dps check. Where as OP's guild used Hpala+disc. The Hpala is useless on doing damage, which makes dps checks harder (this is the reason most guilds didn't run Hpala+Disc). I know one guild even used double disc for Garrosh just for the dps.

Why would you take halo over divine star. You must have one messed up strat.
    You know what's hard about Garrosh 10HC? To consistently get to p4 (and getting practice there). In the first intermission it's very tight to make the energycheck. Halo helps a lot with that on 10-man, while still being quite good for healing whirling. Not as good as cascade for the healing, but still quite good if organised. So if Halo helps them a lot on first intermission and makes their successrate there much higher, then it is the correct choice to use it. Just like my guild did.
    Now I would not look down on you as much if you insisted on using cascade instead of halo. But here you are telling him to use divine star on Garrosh10HC? Now this just shows how little you know about this topic.

Deleted
    I agree with you Henriksson, i think anyone who have progressed this encounter in 10 man can agree, that it feels like you are lacking dmg everywhere at the start. When you overcome that, you can start getting more steady tries further into the fight. Having one dps oriented healer is very important in 10 man.

The dps check is "hard" so you bring a healer using an inferior talent over making them use the superior to the possibility of dropping one making those "hard" enrage timers easier. Sounds logical.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

The dps check is "hard" so you bring a healer using an inferior talent over making them use the superior to the possibility of dropping one making those "hard" enrage timers easier. Sounds logical.
    Drop a healer? Let me make a very simple example for you, because you really don't get it.

Goal is to reach p4.

1 healer: Oh the dps check in first intermission is no problem, neither is the p3 one. But now we are dying to lack of healing. Surviving intermissions are rare, so are surviving whirling/empowered whirling, there are also a lot of tank deaths, because garrosh hit's like a truck. Reaching p4 is as rare as getting laid at blizzcon.

2 healers with one of them using suboptimal(while still very good) healing talent and dps cloak to help on dps: Oh with this talent we can consistently get by first intermission energycheck. We are also surviving intermissions and whirlings because of having two healers. With the disc priest also using dps cloak and focusing a lot on dps in p3 we can make that check aswell. Reaching p4 happens a lot more often.

Now why would anyone ever use the 1-healer tactic? If your dps have a severe lack of gear, and you would still need shitloads of attempts, it's still not easy, even if you are Paragon. You would also have to have insane amounts of off-healing and coordination. The 2-healer tactic is better if you have the gear that most guilds had when they killed it, even if you as a healer have to make VERY SMALL sacrifices to help on dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    1 healer: Oh the dps check in first intermission is no problem, neither is the p3 one. But now we are dying to lack of healing. Surviving intermissions are rare, so are surviving whirling/empowered whirling, there are also a lot of tank deaths, because garrosh hit's like a truck. Reaching p4 is as rare as getting laid at blizzcon.
    I'd like to debate this portion...
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Wow, you're one obnoxious fucking twat. Do us all a favor and stop spewing your negative crap here. Nobody here gives a shit about your opinions on this fight.

Deleted
    Please do the fight on 10 man yourself before dropping comments like these. Also, a disc priest can do more dmg than some dps classes during the intermissions due to halo, so its kind of a big deal.

Deleted
    Just to clarify. I know of few clued-up disc priests who actually use the healing cloak anyway. So remove that from the argument please.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    Dude. That's what I'm saying. The DPS Cloak > Healing Cloak for disc. Reread my post more carefully please. It's not even like there were double negatives or anything.
    Yeah, my bad. I read it as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    I know of a few clued-up disc priests
    Last edited by Henriksson; 2013-11-12 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henriksson View Post
    Ok.

All disc priests in the top 10 that killed garrosh10 HC were using the dps cloak. Even some Mistweavers were aswell. I am very comfortable with keeping my argument, even though some of your disc buddies did not use it for their kill.
    Dude. That's what I'm saying. The DPS Cloak > Healing Cloak for disc. Reread my post more carefully please. It's not even like there were double negatives or anything.

Also progressing on this fight atm, and halo dps is more important than you think. I am consistently doing 5-7M dmg in the 1st transition and it's just a matter of seconds if you have to wipe or not.