PvP in this expansion is atrocious.
    fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    fixed it for you.
    Spoiler: It's been pretty bad in every expansion, really

Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    your thoughts on just how bad the PvP has gotten in WoW
    there's really no argument that it's terrible.
    I don't think it's applicable, at this point in time, to try defending the PvP.
    So, anywhos, let's hear some thoughts.
    Doesn't sound like you want "discussion" at all, you just want hugboxing and confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Doesn't sound like you want "discussion" at all, you just want hugboxing and confirmation bias.
    I'm calling for a discussion on what people think has made it so bad, why it happened, what the repercussions are, etc etc etc...

What in the honest fuck is so hard to understand about that? This isn't a discussion on IF the PvP is bad, it's a discussion on WHY it's bad.

I'm calling for a discussion on what people think has made it so bad, why it happened, what the repercussions are, etc etc etc...

What in the honest fuck is so hard to understand about that? This isn't a discussion on IF the PvP is bad, it's a discussion on WHY it's bad.
    What's to discuss if you believe it's ALWAYS been bad?

Spoiler: It's been pretty bad in every expansion, really
    So you want to discuss how something that was always bad has become so bad? It doesn't even make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I still enjoy the PvP in this game, regardless if it's not completely balanced. I just accepted the fact that it'll never be 100% proper balanced years ago, and just enjoy my arenas and RBGs. In my opinion, loses are just that... loses! You can still win some games and have a blast with some friends on Skype etc =)
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."

^ Because most of Blizzard's time and money go into PvE (and rightfully so, given that PvErs make up the majority of the player base). Quit bitching; things will never change, so just play a different game if you want better balance and action vs other gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    ^ Because most of Blizzard's time and money go into PvE (and rightfully so, given that PvErs make up the majority of the player base). Quit bitching; things will never change, so just play a different game if you want better balance and action vs other gamers.
    "Don't talk about stuff or else I'm going to say you're just bitching and should play another game. Do you understand me??? DON'T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    So you want to discuss how something that was always bad has become so bad? It doesn't even make sense.
    I want to discuss why something went from so-so, more or less always pretty unbalanced to complete, flat-out bad to the point every top PvPer recognizes it, the game has been dropped from gaming rings and they have to implement awkward and forced buffs to make Arena matches end.

Realize that, or stop posting in my thread. Thank you.

Discuss your thoughts on just how bad the PvP has gotten in WoW, and how you think it's gotten this way.
    It seems that you are just expressing your opinion on the subject at hand. I find little to no want of discussion being displayed here, because not everyone hates pvp in WoW like you do. The world doesn't revolve around you.
    Signature created by Shyama

I've never understood the whole hate for pvp in this game. What, exactly, are you comparing it to? One or two games that happened to knock pvp out of the park? Sure, it may look like crap before them, but I'm horrified by what adjectives you'll use if you explore pvp in 95% of the other mmorpgs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakiras View Post
    It seems that you are just expressing your opinion on the subject at hand. I find little to no want of discussion being displayed here, because not everyone hates pvp in WoW like you do. The world doesn't revolve around you.
    You don't have to hate it. It has nothing to do with that. You could, in your own ways, still enjoy it. I know the truth of PvP being at a rock-bottom hurts you, but you don't need to go around insinuating I'm saying everyone must hate it and that my opinion is law.

As far as the PvP being bad, there's really nothing to be opinionated on. The second they included "The Crowd Chose You" was the second "WoW PVP is bad" stopped being an opinion and started being fact. It's not like I WANT it like this or anything. I'm not happy to say that; but it's true. That's all there is to it.

I've never understood the whole hate for pvp in this game. What, exactly, are you comparing it to? One or two games that happened to knock pvp out of the park? Sure, it may look like crap before them, but I'm horrified by what adjectives you'll use if you explore pvp in 95% of the other mmorpgs out there.
    \

While WoW, for sure, isn't the worst, it's really among the worst. And even if other games have better or worse PvP; what does that matter? I'm not worried about them. I'm worried about WoW.

Saying "Well, WoW PvP might not be good, but it's not as bad as some other games" isn't a point that supports WoW being any good, it just points out that WoW isn't the worst, which really does help anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of MMORPGs have better PvP than WoW?
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."

Eh, it's always been an afterthought. Be nice if they bit the bullet and made PVP separate from PVE. Short of that kind of major change PVP will always be playing catchup to the changes they make to PVE.

As for recently: the only thing that's unusually bad right now is BG bots. I think we've finally crossed the event horizon where bot makers can build bots so smart that Blizzard will always be behind in the arms race. Thanks, botters. Enjoy your honor points that you have no use for /sigh.

Oh and since MoP added a shitload of new utility to the talent trees, now every class has as many tools suitable for PVP as say, Rogues and Mages used to have. Now everyone is a "control class". Unfortunate side effect there, I guess we'll see how they plan to deal with CC next xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I want to discuss why something went from so-so, more or less always pretty unbalanced to complete, flat-out bad to the point every top PvPer recognizes it, the game has been dropped from gaming rings and they have to implement awkward and forced buffs to make Arena matches end.

Realize that, or stop posting in my thread. Thank you.
    Ha ha. "I OWN THE INTERWEBZ."

Please. You're not looking for a discussion here, you're looking to vent.

Here you go. http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/309...r_all_the_hits

Nobody thought it should be an esport. Especially those involved with esports. Quite frankly, I don't know how you can think it's bad now when, back in Wrath, rogues could stunlock somebody from 100% to dead. It's not a matter of the game's PvP getting worse. It's always been questionable and FotM. You're just coming to realize you don't like it as much as you did. Also, please stop bringing up how WoW was dropped as an esport almost 4 years ago. Who gives a shit anymore? It was 4 years ago.

PVP power highlighted the imbalances in PVP by about 10fold and the welfare resilience program magnified 10xs more because all the CDs on CC were not re-tuned for the fights. I did a video or two or three in patch 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Ha ha. "I OWN THE INTERWEBZ."

Please. You're not looking for a discussion here, you're looking to vent.

Here you go. http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/309...r_all_the_hits

Nobody thought it should be an esport. Especially those involved with esports. Quite frankly, I don't know how you can think it's bad now when, back in Wrath, rogues could stunlock somebody from 100% to dead. It's not a matter of the game's PvP getting worse. It's always been questionable and FotM. You're just coming to realize you don't like it as much as you did. Also, please stop bringing up how WoW was dropped as an esport almost 4 years ago. Who gives a shit anymore? It was 4 years ago.
    Well, now I at least know to ignore you. Thanks.

As far as the PvP being bad, there's really nothing to be opinionated on. The second they included "The Crowd Chose You" was the second "WoW PVP is bad" stopped being an opinion and started being fact. It's not like I WANT it like this or anything. I'm not happy to say that; but it's true. That's all there is to it
    I'll agree that "The Crowd Chose You" was flawed, but at least Blizzard fixed it by removing it. Blizzard even said it themselves that they were simply testing it to see if it would be viable for the future. And once they discovered it caused more problems then it fixed, they removed it. Sure pvp in WoW has it's flaws, I'll agree with you on that; but Blizzard is at least trying to do things to make it better. If pvp in this game was as awful as you pronounce it to be, then Blizzard would be completely ignoring it. But they're not.
    Signature created by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    PVP power highlighted the imbalances in PVP by about 10fold and the welfare resilience program magnified 10xs more because all the CDs on CC were not re-tuned for the fights. I did a video or two or three in patch 5.3.
    Personally, I don't mind the baseline Resilience that much. It's a little annoying because now top-end PvE gear is better than PvP gear (which shouldn't be happening, because it creates gear-based PvP), but other than that, I'm comfortable with it.

That, and PvP power were actually nice changes in my opinion. It's the rest of the PvP that has been terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakiras View Post
    I'll agree that "The Crowd Chose You" was flawed, but at least Blizzard fixed it by removing it. Blizzard even said it themselves that they were simply testing it to see if it would be viable for the future. And once they discovered it caused more problems then it fixed, they removed it. Sure pvp in WoW has it's flaws, I'll agree with you on that; but Blizzard is at least trying to do things to make it better. If pvp in this game was as awful as you pronounce it to be, then Blizzard would be completely ignoring it. But they're not.
    Blizzard practically is almost ignoring it.

Hence why they added stuff like The Crowd Chose You and Dampening. If they -really- cared, they'd fix the core issues with PvP, but they don't care. They just want to slap a quick fix on it that will prevent Arena matches from potentially going on forever and then move on. They've made it clear they're just going to let PvP go whatever way it goes and only step in when something is horribly wrong.

That's another big issue with the PvP.

Deleted
    To much CC

To many instant casts

To much self-healing on non-healer classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    To much CC

To many instant casts

To much self-healing on non-healer classes.
    this pretty much, hybrids are way to strong, and if you say TBC was rly good for pvp you must have lost ur memory, tbc was damn bad, 2v2 games took nearly 30-40 minutes each.. mana burns, mace stuns you name it. most of the classes were poor designed, hunters going oom having to melee pets behind a pillar to get some mana, lol, same as it is now.. poor designed, everybody got what they wanted, always 2-3 classes had advantage over others. 3v3? RMP vs RMP was lame as F, i remember i was playing a mage and a hunter, at over 2.3k, in 3v3 from 9 teams out of 10 were RMP. id say wOTLK pvp was good, atleast better, and i had the most fun back then, but going back to those times it wont make any difference, to much shit was implemented in this game to faceroll pve to make pvp matter at all, anyway.. wow pvp is crap, but evenso im still having fun playing it, theres no other similar game that brings the same experience as wow does, atleast for me.