Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    too much raid utility
    Healthstones and nerfed gateways? That's so OP.

Quote Originally Posted by walp View Post
    Healthstones and nerfed gateways? That's so OP.
    Soulstone, personal survivability off the charts (even with the soul leech nerf).... Yeah... we're OP.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

remove the additional player requirement for summoning stone. Everything this else similar got nerfed, why didn't this?
    It's hard enough getting 1 additional person to help you finish summoning 1 single player, let alone getting 2 additional players to even make that damned portal in the first place.

COE baked into the specs main spell. I get kinda OCD with it, and hate it when another warlock in the dungeon/raid casts their's and makes mine disappear from the target/boss and i sit there for a few seconds trying to figure out if my dps is dropping or not because MY curse isn't up or not, so i better recast it to be sure.

Twilight Ward to absorb all damage like it did for destro in cata.

Something else to track/watch as destro. I love destro, but without the extra debuffs/buffs we had with improved soulfire the destro rotation gets kinda boring in the middle. imoolate>conflag>lots and lots of incinerate ok now i have a few embers it's NUKE time BLAM BLAM BLAM, and more incinerate spam. Still better than what it was with having to constantly keep up the soulfire buff or have your DPS drop, but it feels like something is missing, an extra dot (we did used to apply corrupt as well) or something buff wise we need to keep up.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I am curious if you can provide any specifics on what he plans for warlocks. I.E. what he liked, what he disliked, which utility spells are on the chopping block, how he feels about the glyph of demon hunting, etc. Anything is appreciated.

If anyone is thinking they will be raiding with perma-meta, get real, won't happen. Removing caster/demon switching part of gameplay simplify spec a ton, which pretty much means it will be balanced as doing less damage than that, Blizz don't like mandatory talents, and even less mandatory talents making gameplay easier than normal rotation. Enjoy 5 mans and dailies I guess?

I personally feel extremely meh about them, compared to some other classes at least. Doomguard as pet is just reskinned Imp in the end, unless they actually add some sick specials on him.

totally shitty talents...

a "new" demon to dps, a new long cast-time (2.6 sec LOL good luck in pvp VS melee) spell with no benefit like knockback/disorient...

I might have to start playing again if the perma-doomguard goes live.

Damnit.

Deleted
    Pit Lord for cleave pet and Shadowbolt volley for Affliction AOE are some of the best ideas I've ever read on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    If anyone is thinking they will be raiding with perma-meta, get real, won't happen. Removing caster/demon switching part of gameplay simplify spec a ton, which pretty much means it will be balanced as doing less damage than that, Blizz don't like mandatory talents, and even less mandatory talents making gameplay easier than normal rotation. Enjoy 5 mans and dailies I guess?

I personally feel extremely meh about them, compared to some other classes at least. Doomguard as pet is just reskinned Imp in the end, unless they actually add some sick specials on him.
    Hunters, Paladins, Priests and druids have the best talents so far IMO, I don't have much info on monks but they appear to be good too. It is still alpha I remember the nether tempest dot was changed a million times for MOP came out.

The only thing I want from the devs is to make KJC baseline and give us a spirit walkers grace like talent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    remove the additional player requirement for summoning stone. Everything this else similar got nerfed, why didn't this?
    It's hard enough getting 1 additional person to help you finish summoning 1 single player, let alone getting 2 additional players to even make that damned portal in the first place.

COE baked into the specs main spell. I get kinda OCD with it, and hate it when another warlock in the dungeon/raid casts their's and makes mine disappear from the target/boss and i sit there for a few seconds trying to figure out if my dps is dropping or not because MY curse isn't up or not, so i better recast it to be sure.

Twilight Ward to absorb all damage like it did for destro in cata.

Something else to track/watch as destro. I love destro, but without the extra debuffs/buffs we had with improved soulfire the destro rotation gets kinda boring in the middle. imoolate>conflag>lots and lots of incinerate ok now i have a few embers it's NUKE time BLAM BLAM BLAM, and more incinerate spam. Still better than what it was with having to constantly keep up the soulfire buff or have your DPS drop, but it feels like something is missing, an extra dot (we did used to apply corrupt as well) or something buff wise we need to keep up.
    hahahaha I do exactly the same :/

Deleted
    so all the same talents that happen to screw lock pvp gameplay, and also the whole arena enjoyment for others are staying. what a let down.

Apparently they gave an idea I posted 3 months as a new Affliction spell to the mages.

My idea;
    Affliction

Pillar of Exhausted Souls
    You summon a pillar of exhausted souls at the targeted location. This pillar has ([300% of player's health] + [itemlevel * 1000]) health, and is attackable by the casting Warlock only. Every enemy within 22 yards of the pillar take 60% of the damage the pillar takes. If the Warlock manages to kill the pillar before the duration ends, the pillar violently explodes and releases souls to torment any enemy within 22 yards for [3750+300% of SP] shadow damage over 6 sec. Otherwise it crumbles, and deals shadow damage equal to 30% of the damage sustained instantly to enemies within 22 yards, and 15% of the damage sustained to the casting Warlock over 6 seconds. 5 minute cooldown, costs 2 soul shards, 15% of base mana.
    their take on the idea (for mages);

Conjures a focusing crystal at the target location, which is attackable by only the Mage. The crystal will absorb the power of all damage deal to it. After 10 sec, it will release bursts of energy, dealing damage equal to 130% of the damage it took, split between all enemies within 8 yards, over 6 sec.
    Never thought they'd actually use it! I always assumed ideas posted on class forums (as pretty much anything else there) went unnoticed. Might also just be that someone thought of this idea too, but I do indeed think the similarity is a bit funny.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

cataclysm is very very shitty talent... come on...

2.6 sec cast time is absurd, why all dps classes take istant/channel talent and warlock take ALWAYS long cast-time spell?

An AOE with long cast time without benefits like KB/disorient/stun/slow...

Look at "falling stars", new mage talents. Istant. Low CD. AOE. Another istant cast for mages. Another cast time spell for warlock.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-11-09 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Apparently they gave an idea I posted 3 months as a new Affliction spell to the mages.

My idea;

their take on the idea (for mages);

Never thought they'd actually use it! I always assumed ideas posted on class forums (as pretty much anything else there) went unnoticed. Might also just be that someone thought of this idea too, but I do indeed think the similarity is a bit funny.
    I don't know to be happy or sad that you have made an impact on that talent, this seems like an ability that I would want as a warlock and it would sync good with bane of havoc

all DPS classes take new talent istant or channeling. Why warlock take a talent with long cast time?

See the difference between "falling stars" for mages and "cataclysm" for warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    all DPS classes take new talent istant or channeling. Why warlock take a talent with long cast time?

See the difference between "falling stars" for mages and "cataclysm" for warlock.
    Take a look at the difference in damage. The damage of cataclysm is huge compared to falling stars.
    Cataclysm is 10k damage to every target and applies Corruption/Immolate. Falling Stars for Fire for example is 10k split between all targets and another 2k over 10 seconds to every target.

Leaving modifiers aside, on 10 targets Cataclysm does 100k damage, not including the damage from corruption/immolate, where as Falling Stars for Fire can only do 30k maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Take a look at the difference in damage. The damage of cataclysm is huge compared to falling stars.
    Cataclysm is 10k damage to every target and applies Corruption/Immolate. Falling Stars for Fire for example is 10k split between all targets and another 2k over 10 seconds to every target.

Leaving modifiers aside, on 10 targets Cataclysm does 100k damage, not including the damage from corruption/immolate, where as Falling Stars for Fire can only do 30k maximum.
    the difference is this: in PVP/arena a long cast time with huge damage is a 0 damage, and warlock have too many cast-time ability in this game.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-11-09 at 12:37 PM.

No tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Pit Lord for cleave pet and Shadowbolt volley for Affliction AOE are some of the best ideas I've ever read on these forums.
    It'd be Demo that got Shadow Bolt Volley. Sounds like a good solution to the melee AoE issue the spec has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    the difference is this: in PVP/arena a long cast time with huge damage is a 0 damage, and warlock have too many cast-time ability in this game.
    Yes, but on the other hand, the Mage ability requires you to stand inside the AoE for full damage which no one will do unless rooted/cc'ed.
    I rather have an ability that's hard to land and does a ton of damage instead of an ability that's easier to land and does low damage.