... LastLast

Stonemaul Clan as Playable Ogre Faction [Suggestion]

*texts taken from wowpedia

Ogre Crest

Faction/Affiliation: The Stonemaul Clan, Horde
    Racial capital: Dustwallow Marsh; constant war with Theramore and Kul Tiras
    Population: Unknown
    Racial leader(s): Rexxar
    Racial mount: Hogzilla (Giant Boar Mount)
    Primary lenguage(s): Gronn
    Secundary lenguage(s): Orcish

Overview
    Ogres are large, brutish humanoids originally from Draenor, they were one of the last races of Draenor's giants. Many were enslaved by the powerful Gronn. Several free ogre clans came through the Dark Portal before the First War. These ogres had a blood hatred to the orcs second only to their hatred of humans. They favored lands that were not frequented by orcs, and were seldom seen near other races' encampments.

Other ogre clans were once allies with the Horde and some were enslaved by the Horde, rather than the Gronn. These enslaved clans were often used in experiments. These included monstrous two-headed versions that were created by Gul'dan and brought through the portal after the First War to act as enforcers to quell needless infighting between the orc clans. However, eventually these clans broke free and went their own separate ways. Later, the Stonemaul Clan joined the New Horde under the leadership of the Mok'Nathal named Rexxar.

The Two-headed Ogres of Azeroth are a Horde-born byproduct of the Second War. Created as mutations of natural Ogres by Gul'dan, the massive Two-headed Ogres of the Horde quickly became known (and feared) for their ability to do a large amount of physical and magical damage in a short amount of time. Like the Orcs, Ogres originally entered Azeroth from Draenor, bringing with them a strong sense of tribal loyalty as well as a natural inclination toward one-upmanship. With the addition a second personality within one body, these traits were compounded in the two-headed variety of Ogre: they're fiercely loyal to the Horde, and they're fiercely competitive with themselves, with one head always trying to outdo the other.

Physical appearance

There is a great variety in the ogre species. Ogres average between 6 feet and 7 feet in height at adulthood, but continue to grow two inches to a foot at a time through a portion of their lives, as well as continuing to put on weight. A fully grown ogre would be between 8 feet and 25 feet; the average for the larger ogres is 15 feet, though some ogres are small, barely larger than 6 or 7 feet.At first glance, they may look lazy and fat, but they're actually incredibly strong. Their skin tones range in color from shades of peach to red, to deep blues and ashen black. They frequently have at least one horn on their head, and can have either one or two eyes.

Ogres have many as the same hairstyles as orcs and can grow hair on the chin and upper lip.While ogres excel in strength, they are also rather slow-witted; this doesn't mean that they should be underestimated however, since they can possess a surprisingly brutal cunning. Still, most ogres are best suited to melee clobbering, though the two-headed ones are proficient in the mystical arts as shamans, magi and priests.

Many other races are coming to realize that ogres are not the stupid, lumbering two-headed beasts they once seemed to be. In fact, many of the ogre lords have rallied the remnants of their people that were scattered when the Horde fell. Though their plans are unknown, there is no doubt that these powerful, deceptively cunning warriors will gather their forces once more. According to the best estimates, there are about 6350 ogres on Azeroth (Although certain tribes are not factored in). Still, they can be a significant and furious army if marshaled.

Two-headed ogres

"Some ogres have two heads. Unfortunately, two ogre heads are not better than one — the heads rarely get along with each other, and two-headed ogres are just as dumb as their one-headed brethren.""Two-headed ogres often have compound names, which are actually the names of their two heads. For example, the famed ogre mage Cho'gall has two heads — Cho and Gall."

Cho'gall was said to be the first in several generations. However, in World of Warcraft they seem to be quite common. Many two-headed ogre-magi were created by Gul'dan's Altar of Storms during the Second War. It is unknown whether or not additional two-headed ogres were created by any other .

Culture

Ogre culture, such as it is, tend to revolve a great deal around warfare, violence, and acts of strength. Elimination of competitors is an accepted (in fact, it is the only) way to move up in the ogre ranks. The ogres have great admiration to those that can best them in strength or in combat, an admiration that far transcends anything else, including their hatred for other mortals races, and specifically, orcs and humans.

Two-headed Ogres are less chaotic than their brethren. Their intellect creates an awareness of power structures and allows them to understand political machinations. Two-headed Ogres respect power; thus they served Gul’dan in the Second War. Most Two-headed Ogres are ambitious and seek to secure both political and magic power. These ogre magi have since become the spiritual leaders of the ogre tribes. They provide spells and magical items to protect the tribes from more established civilizations. Magi are the healers, record-keepers, and advisors to the chieftains. A given tribe will have ogre magi, usually one for every ten individuals. That is a twenty member tribe will have two ogre magi or one ogre magus. Occasionally a chief will be an ogre magus, but this is rare. They favor the sorcerer class, though healers, shamans, and warlocks are common. A few rare ogre magi become wizards, but the need for writing materials can limit their pursuit of magi.

Many assume the ogres are insensate brutes, liking nothing more than destruction. Ogres have changed since the days of the Horde, however, possibly also due to their freedom from the influence of demons. More cunning than most give them credit for, ogre tribes keep somewhat at a distance from the other races as they have built a civilization. Villages are established in foothills, allowing ogres access to plains and forested areas.

The new civilization of ogres has somewhat of a patchwork quality to it. Tribes are experimenting with different approaches, observing the other races as they seek to find their own way. Some groups are nomadic, while others have started small agrarian communities. All hunt, either as a primary or supplementary source of food. While rivalries and conflicts occur, ogres place great stock in listening to elders and allowing moderation of disputes. There is a loyalty to the race and at least some respect for the other races, though ogre interests are always addressed first and foremost.

Ogres value endurance and insight more than simple strength. As strong as they are, they know that something out there is always stronger. Rangers are common among ogres, combining skill with the knowledge of the land.

Ogres test unfamiliar groups to determine their power and possible intentions. They try to avoid conflict, often by having ogre warriors make displays of aggression, smashing the ground and shouting at opponents, out of range of whatever weapons the opponents possess. As a last resort, ogres have some skill in formation fighting and will use a combination of charges and withdrawals to try to surround enemies. Ogres will throw spears at a distance in waves combined with the use of clubs, with possible magical support from ogre magi. When committed to a fight, these giants are completely dedicated, only breaking from an engagement if their leader commands it.

Despite their size and ferocious appearance, ogres are curious about the wider world and often seek to spread a more positive understanding of ogre culture. At the very least, an ogre hero can gain resources and allies for her tribe.

Ogre society is based on violence and domination. The head of a tribe holds his position through sheer brute strength. Any member of the clan can challenge the leader to a battle to the death. The victor of this duel is declared the new ruler (or retains the position, if the incumbent emerges victorious). This ogre often takes to decorating himself garishly with whatever stolen armor and weapons he can get his hands on. Loot in a ogre clan is distributed by whoever can defend their claim. Thus, the strongest members are usually easily identified by their better armaments.

Besides their own tribes, ogres are often found employed as mercenaries, especially by the Goblin cartels, who see their extreme strength and slow wits as an asset. In Outland,ogre lords rule over the weaker and less intelligent ogres.

Ogres prefer to live in mounds, which are little more than caves or piles of stone built around steam vents, implying that ogres seem to prefer hot areas. Some ogre villages exist, but they are less common. Ogres are extremely destructive to their environment, and any area that they have lived in for some time can be distinguished by the piles of waste and excrement that they leave in plain view. Often, the dismembered remains of enemies and prey are hung on meat hooks, strewn about the ground, or otherwise left out for all to see.

The Stonemaul Clan[Playable Ogre]

The Stonemaul clan is an ogre clan which, after the Second War, separated in two — one part sailing west to Kalimdor and establishing a village in Dustwallow Marsh, while the other remained in Lordaeron.
    The part of the clan in Lordaeron went involved in a battle, their leader Mug'thol was possessed by a banshee and the clan accepted to serve Sylvanas. After he and his ogres aided in the defeat of Varimathras, Balnazzar, andDetheroc, Mug'thol was sent to retrieve the Crown of Will. Once acquired, he tried it on, and subsequently broke the psychic link with Sylvanas, thus freeing himself from the Forsaken's control. He and his ogres have renamed themselves as the Crushridge clan.

The other part of the clan reached Kalimdor; an ogre named Kor'gall, came into possession of the ancient orcish axe, Serathil, and used its magical powers to rise quickly through the ranks of the Stonemauls. But Kor'gall's ride to power stemmed from nothing more than a desire to overpower his kin, and his rule was brutal and merciless, and one ogre, whose brothers were killed by Kor'gall, knew that he was leading the clan to ruin, he barely escaped alive and went with the Horde to ask for help.
    Kor'gall was soon approached by Rexxar, a Mok'Nathal of the Horde. Rexxar demanded to join the clan, and Kor'gall agreed, but only if he were to pass through the gauntlet, a valley full of many beasts. Rexxar and his friends survived the gauntlet, and Kor'gall was impressed, and allowed Rexxar to join. Rexxar's first request was to aid the Horde, but Kor'gall had no intention of ever honouring their former allies again. Frustrated, Rexxar exercised his right to challenge Kor'gall for leadership of the clan. Kor'gall decided to entertain the request, but warned that he was not as slow-witted as Rexxar first guessed.

Though it took several tries, Rexxar finally beat Kor'gall and slew him. As Kor'gall died, the last words on his ears were his men cheering for Rexxar. With his death Rexxar assumed the position of chieftain. He then led the Stonemaul ogres back to Tidefury Cove, where Thrall was assembling the Horde. Thrall sent his soldiers and the Stonemaul ogres to Theramore to keep Proudmoore's forces at bay while Rexxar and his few companions wove through the battle to face off against Proudmoore and his most loyal retainers. In the end, Rexxar and Proudmoore squared off in mortal combat, and Rexxar emerged victorious.

After the battle, Rexxar disappeared into the Barren wilderness and made the ogre Mok'Morokk the leader of the Clan. Although Mok'Morokk had displayed strength when Rexxar was their leader, he soon fell prey to temptations of power after Rexxar's departure. Rather than lead, he demanded. He did not serve his people, as he expected them to serve him.

Brackenwall Village
    Later Stonemaul Village was raided by Onyxia's brood. The daughter of the black dragonlord, Deathwing, was there for a greater reason — one which they didn't know.
    Mok’Morokk led the clan to Brackenwall Village, where he ruled unquestioned until an unknown challenger drove him out. While Draz'Zilb runs the show from the shadows, the clan seeks a new leader; but they have renewed their ties to the Horde. The aging Tharg is the most likely candidate for leadership of the clan, but most of the Stonemaul ogres secretly desire Rexxar’s return

Classes
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Mage
    Warlock
    Druid
    Shaman
    Death Knight (well, maybe not)
    Rogue

updated; MONK!!! because this thread existed before they announced MoP

Character Creation
    Upon character creation, players can decide whether to choose a normal or two-headed ogre model. Players can customize features like markings/tattoos, eyes, horns and piercings as well as hairstyles and skin coloration. While one headed ogre would have more earthy tones, 2 headed ogres may have blue or black skin coloration.

Racials
    Gluttony
    -+50 to your eating skills. That's right, you read it right; +50 to their eating skills. Ogre's can eat any food that requires +10 level higher than their current level. They eat and gain bonus from eating 25%.

Might is Right
    -+5% to their base strength and 3% of their base strength will contribute to their sp and ap.

Rune;Dustwallow Marsh
    -+Teleports you to Dustwallow Marsh. 30 minute cd. Shares cd with Rune:Resurrection

Rune: Storm
    -+Place a rune on the ground that will stun for 2 seconds can cause x nature damage to any nearby hostile targets. The rune last for 2 minute with 2 minute cd. Shares cd 'it's clobbering time'.

It's Clobbering Time!
    -Clobbers your target knocking them back 6 yards. 2 minute cd.

Two headed ogre druids forms also would have 2 heads when shape shift.
    /silly (More to come)
    2 headed Ogre only
    (*Burp)
    "He did it!"
    "No, he did it!"
    (*fart)
    (Both laugh) “We did it!”
    Last edited by Hyde; 2012-01-23 at 10:02 AM.

Pretty cool! The Stonemaul Clan has some neat history and it's a shame they've been neglected.

I did a crest on the website about ogres in my sig. That female ogre design is believable, and I like your idea about ogres druid forms having two heads.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2011-10-16 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Pretty cool! The Stonemaul Clan has some neat history and it's a shame they've been neglected.

I did a crest on the website about ogres in my sig. That female ogre design is believable, and I like your idea about ogres druid forms having two heads.
    ty
    I <3 your ogre toon creation, the starting gears look badazz. And I like it how all of the caster classes are 2 headed ogres XD

Thanks. The starting gear is all based on existing ogre enemies, so it probably wouldn't be like that if Blizzard added them, but it makes for a nice image. :P

Personally, I'm not as much of a fan of two-headed ogres, but I still tried to give the creator some variety. Blizzard may not do that, but it at least gives visitors a look at different possibilities.

I like it, looks good.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Druid?! Fuck me, I'd love to see their flight form! Two-headed pigeons ASSEMBLE!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hmm...

1) if Ogres were playable Blizz would HAVE to introduce another faction of ogre... that were much smaller than their couterparts, to get over all the problems with mounts and doorways. There we have it, "Pygmy Ogres" playable for horde.

2) We already have female ogres in the game. There is little sexual dimorphism between the genders so you can't tell them apart. I'd be disapointed if Blizzz changed the lore to sex up the female ogres.

3) I would LOVE if Blizz did a total Blood Elves on us again, changed the entire lore, came up with some new ridiculous story, and manage to get the Ogres onto Aliance side instead of Horde.. just so all the Horde players can see how it feels when one of the most popular and saught after races from the first games gets given to the other faction for stupid reasons.

They shouldn't be able to be Druids, let them be Priests instead, cause some Ogres are actually priest (most of them Shadow though).

Supporting this though! Always wanted them to be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I want to have an Ogre to club Pandas and eat their bones. Their sweet and sour bones!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    2) We already have female ogres in the game. There is little sexual dimorphism between the genders so you can't tell them apart. I'd be disapointed if Blizzz changed the lore to sex up the female ogres.
    I'm fairly sure there's artwork of female ogres somewhere, which was used on one of the decoy masks after the worgen/goblin debacle. It does look different to males, and not remotely sexy (thank god). I've never seen a female ogre referred to in the game, they're ALWAYS male. They just didn't waste time making female models when they were never meant to be a big part of the game, like taunka and broken.

I remember a TBC promo vid of Metzen saying he wanted them playable at some point, so they can never be discounted, I'd love it! Druid though? No. Maybe priests at a stretch. I'd love to tank as a massive ogre warrior!

Oh also, weren't the two headed ogres meant to be casters as they're more intelligent? Maybe that went out the window when they were retconned as natural rather than made by orcs, but I'd like it if mage/warlock ogres were automatically made into two headed ones, the others have 1 head.
    Last edited by Prancing Minstrel; 2011-10-16 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this thread. <3
    Good work.

Stonemaul realm ftw

I always have been fond of the idea that Ogres would be playable at some point; Aslong as they won't sexualize the females too much like what happened with Worgen. But yeah the Stonemaul Clan has always been a strong candinate for being that one for joining the Horde. You meet them aswell at Feralas after Dustwallow Marsh, led by Orhan Ogreblade, a female orc of Mok'nathal.

I also support the idea of the magic users having two heads, they have the sort of combined intelligence but they still manage to be as foolish as one-headed one.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ridiculous.. u got my vote!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's anything in there I didn't like, except for perhaps the idea of racials. On-death, passive enrage and remain at 1 hp for 30 seconds with a 30% haste/crit buff (disabled in PvP), with an hour cooldown?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny447 View Post
    Stonemaul realm ftw
    ^

Also I never liked Ogres as a playable race until this thread. Very nicely done.

I would reroll a two-headed ogre in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Saerlaith View Post
    ^

Also I never liked Ogres as a playable race until this thread. Very nicely done.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Some clever ideas in this thread.

I believe the only problem with Ogres is that they have been looking to add new flavors to each faction. Ogre would simply be more of the same.

But it couldn't hurt.

If we had Ogres, it'd finally be the REAL Horde once more, ala Warcraft 2 days.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

i admire your drawing skills (they're good)