Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Did you not do H Primordius, that fight was changed every single week for 4 weeks. I know I had fun with moonkin mass dispels. Paragons and Garrosh lasted ONE week when it was exposed on the forums here. It doesnt matter how long it lasted total because Blizz did not know about it. So in both cases it also lasted 1 reset, once it was exposed.

Honestly, if you want something fixed, then post it on MMO-Champion forums earlier so they can fix it earlier, instead of trying to abuse it.

The easiest way to fix an exploit in this game is to publicize it. The question is if you want to
    Last edited by smile6789; 2013-11-13 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smile6789 View Post
    Did you not do H Primordius, that fight was changed every single week for 4 weeks. I know I had fun with moonkin mass dispels. Paragons and Garrosh lasted ONE week when it was exposed on the forums here. It doesnt matter how long it lasted total because Blizz did not know about it. So in both cases it also lasted 1 reset, once it was exposed.

Honestly, if you want something fixed, then post it on MMO-Champion forums earlier so they can fix it earlier, instead of trying to abuse it.

The easiest way to fix an exploit in this game is to publicize it. The question is if you want to
    You really believe that Blizzard does not keep an eye on the top-end guilds doing progress, in order to scout out things they feel break the encounter or to fix bugs? How about Paragon's Sinestra experiences (DK-wrack, kiteable whelps etc), or heck, their Al'akir or nefarian kills from the same tier. Fixed as soon as they killed. Hey, an even better example? Heroic Thok. Hotfixed mid-fucking-pull.
    So how come that when the dagger, or a taunt, is used in top end kills (and thus progress), Blizzard does not see that? I can sort of, kind of, understand that they would not catch BoP, as the guilds using that were relatively low ranked, and the race was already over, so monitoring obviously had either completly subsided or was very, very lax. But shit like the dagger and the belt should both have been instantly hotfixed, rather than giving them weeks, or even months, to live on, to then suddenly remove it. Heck, hunters can still abuse the belt to this day, and that's apparantly fine, while rogues weren't.

We killed the boss tonight after extending, so mind that we did manage to do it just fine without the dagger - I'm fine with it being fixed (means guilds below us will take longer =P), but it still seems kind of stupid how Blizzard has been handling this tier. Especially considering that instead of using a dagger that's freely aviable to all players who puts in a minimum of effort, the new go-to way to handle it becomes stacking classes with immunities <.<.
    They should have made the phase longer rather than outright idiotic - make it a battle of attrition (constant handling of malice + iron stars), rather than a battle of "oh, that guy lagged for a second, wipe!".
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-11-13 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    To prevent the application of malice, or to soak the malice :O? Could actually be pretty fucking neat if immunities still counted as getting hit by malice, would be one way to deal with it <.<. Assume it's soaking considering:
    To soak sadly. Effect permeates through Immunity (It's a flag on wowhead ;<)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how many people it take to spawn iron star in 10 man. 3 or 4?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how many people it take to spawn iron in 10 man. 3 or 4?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    Also, how many people it take to spawn iron in 10 man. 3 or 4?
    Three.

/chars

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It seems like they consider it unintended, because they fixed it, but not an exploit, because nobody was banned.
    Most exploits result in nobody getting banned.

Deleted
    And the damage on malice on 10. If it hits one person only, it one shots them or gives garrosh bonus energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    And the damage on malice on 10. If it hits one person only, it one shots them or gives garrosh bonus energy?
    Two bolts are shot from malice target each tick. If only one other player except for person with malice is in the circle then the second bolt goes into the boss, giving him energy and doing ~175k to raid.
    Last edited by Henriksson; 2013-11-14 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys realize that you hunters could FD and drop malice to right? Can't anymore, but they could.

That's not a exploit. I drop fixate off my ass on Thok all the time by FD if he targets me twice.

- - - Updated - - -

I just necro'd a old ass thread. My bad. lololol got to caught up in reading

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You really believe that Blizzard does not keep an eye on the top-end guilds doing progress, in order to scout out things they feel break the encounter or to fix bugs? How about Paragon's Sinestra experiences (DK-wrack, kiteable whelps etc), or heck, their Al'akir or nefarian kills from the same tier. Fixed as soon as they killed. Hey, an even better example? Heroic Thok. Hotfixed mid-fucking-pull.
    So how come that when the dagger, or a taunt, is used in top end kills (and thus progress), Blizzard does not see that? I can sort of, kind of, understand that they would not catch BoP, as the guilds using that were relatively low ranked, and the race was already over, so monitoring obviously had either completly subsided or was very, very lax. But shit like the dagger and the belt should both have been instantly hotfixed, rather than giving them weeks, or even months, to live on, to then suddenly remove it. Heck, hunters can still abuse the belt to this day, and that's apparantly fine, while rogues weren't.

We killed the boss tonight after extending, so mind that we did manage to do it just fine without the dagger - I'm fine with it being fixed (means guilds below us will take longer =P), but it still seems kind of stupid how Blizzard has been handling this tier. Especially considering that instead of using a dagger that's freely aviable to all players who puts in a minimum of effort, the new go-to way to handle it becomes stacking classes with immunities <.<.
    They should have made the phase longer rather than outright idiotic - make it a battle of attrition (constant handling of malice + iron stars), rather than a battle of "oh, that guy lagged for a second, wipe!".
    only the 4th malice on 10 man was worth daggering. malice itself is a joke of a mechanic, the only reason to dagger is to prevent a meteor from spawning during the 4th malice on 10 man.

if they are removing boss mechanic from fight that was intented to happen it is exploit.

obviously not an exploit
    N

I think the major issue (exploit or not) was they waited too long to fix it. The second a guild used the tactic for the first time, they should have either fixed it or let it go. Not wait weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I think the major issue (exploit or not) was they waited too long to fix it. The second a guild used the tactic for the first time, they should have either fixed it or let it go. Not wait weeks.
    This, can't wait this long to fix things like this, im sure they saw paragon do it, eitherway its not hard now either so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmseans View Post
    how would this not be an exploit?
    Because Ra'sha's Dagger is usable in raids. Its purpose is to kill the user, and that's what it does.