Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I think the lesson here is if the cops don't need to be involved don't fucking get them involved.
    The lesson is:
    If you want to teach your kid a lesson its safer to hire armed thugs and pay them instead of calling the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    He was definitely armed. With a car. That almost killed people.
    Let me guess he was shot...while driving the car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    My favorite thing about those people are that they will say WE NEED TO RISE AND FIGHT BLAH BLAH!! But given the chance, 9 times out of 10, they'll hide and cower and never do anything lol.
    It's wonderful. Even if it was 1 situation like this a day, every day all year then that's only 365 people a year. Toasters kill twice as many people. Thank god that it's not this prevalent hey? Now consider that according to the internet, ~55000 calls are made per day in the USA alone. If your level of police corruption/police fuck ups were restricted to that, and by fuck up I mean they all resulted in DEATH then I think that's a pretty acceptable margin and it's worth taking the risk.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What the article tries to say: "Dad calls cops to teach lesson about cigarettes, kid gets shot by cops"

What actually happened: "Dad calls cops, kid almost runs over several people, rams a police car, tries to flee after crashing vehicle, looks like a seriously dangerous person, police respond accordingly"

Seriously. The kid obviously has issues, if he is going to run over people, ram police cars, and attempt a hit and run. The father should have known what he was getting into when calling the police. Unfortunately, for sure, but the father pretty much shouldn't be surprised this was the outcome. If not this, then something similar, soon.

Regardless of what he did was right or wrong, the people not at fault here are the police. They handled a dangerous situation per protocol.
    The author also plastered pictures of the kid when he was obviously 15 or 16 in a Trayon-esque fashion (ironically, considering how much shit sites like this threw around when the "mainstream media" did it) when the kid now looks like a meth'd out neo nazi skinhead. Funny how that works.
    Last edited by Payday; 2013-11-07 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Shoot first. Ask questions later.

Right?
    yes because there are never repercussions. - they get a paid leave then get right back to it.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Surely some weight should be given to the overwhelming majority of police-citizen interactions in which it doesn't happen. Or are we to just ignore them because they don't support the idea that we live in an oppressive police state? You're free to leave at any time. No one is going to stop you.
    It may not happen the majority of the time, but they still possess the power to ruin your life or even kill you, and there's very little you can do about it. Most of what they do is unethical. They shouldn't exist, but most people, IMO, really have no moral center and no sense of ethics, so it's a hard sell.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-11-07 at 07:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a policeman with a gun tells me to turn off my engine and get out of the car, I'm generally going to assume that the policeman will shoot me if I don't comply.

Not really sure what the issue is here, other than a lesson in what can happen if you act like an idiot towards a man with a weapon pointed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    So revving an engine warrants deadly force now? Huh. I get he hit him, but I guess maybe if he was revving it like he was going to run him over after that? Still 6 shots fired? Excessive to say the least.

The dad was trying to teach him a lesson. In reality, if the truck was a company truck and the teen took the keys and then the truck, it's stealing and you can report it as such. Should he have, no. And like someone said, he should have at least told officers "Hey my son and I got into a quarrel and he made off with my truck. He's not armed or anything." But common sense doesn't seem to be too abundant here, on both sides.
    Deadly force is met with deadly force. A truck, which likely weighs 2 tons, is a weapon. The kid hit the police officers car and revving the engine is absolutely a sign of aggression.

The officer may have been a little quick to shoot and maybe didn't need to shoot 6 times, but none of us were there so we can't know for sure.

You can bet, though, that if I were in the officers position, I likely would have done something similar. My life is more important than someone that, as far as I know) just stole a car and intended to cause me harm.
    Last edited by Beecup; 2013-11-07 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    /\ If you can legally get executed without Juge or Trial for starting an Engine the US legal system is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It's wonderful. Even if it was 1 situation like this a day, every day all year then that's only 365 people a year. Toasters kill twice as many people. Thank god that it's not this prevalent hey? Now consider that according to the internet, ~55000 calls are made per day in the USA alone. If your level of police corruption/police fuck ups were restricted to that, and by fuck up I mean they all resulted in DEATH then I think that's a pretty acceptable margin and it's worth taking the risk.
    Police who watch corruption happen in their unit and do not speak out against it, are almost as bad as those who do the corrupting. Police officers follow a code of not ratting out their fellow "servicemen", similair to how gangs operate. So even if the corruption doesn't appear wide spread, it has taken over the whole department.

I can't wait to see how you rationalize cops that hide other cops corrupt activity.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    /\ If you can legally get executed for starting an Engine the US legal system is fucked up.

When did this happen?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    It may not happen the majority of the time, but they still possess the power to ruin your life or even kill you, and there's very little you can do about it. Most of what they do is unethical. They shouldn't exist really, but most of the time I'm dealing with people with no moral center and no sense of ethics, so it's a hard sell.
    Problem with this thinking is, most of the unethical stuff is recorded and plastered all over BECAUSE OMG GAIZ LOOK AT DEEZ COPS DEY IS BAD.

Being serious, the good still outweighs the bad but isn't glorified because it's not going to bring your site or news show any ratings and is pointless to broadcast. When something bad happens, it sends people in flocks to their site and causes high traffic and that's why it's reported. It stirs people up, who in turn stir up more people and it just grows from only showing the negative.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    I live in America, where cops are trigger happy, and many innocent people die every year because of them. I never related anything to Pakistan, and it is irrelevant to my issues with the police we have here. Please try and provide a valid response and not hyperbole next time. I watched a 13 year old get killed by a cop last week in my town. Tell me how I'm overreacting again?
    Did you read my post or did you just see the word Pakistan and not think at all. Pakistan has high levels of police corruption, you make your situation sound dire but it's not, open your eyes and see how the rest of the world has it. Suddenly, everything is rosy. It doesn't take more than a seconds thought to realise I was making a comparison yet all you saw was "I never mentioned Pakistan". There's no hyperbole on my end, it was on your end entirely. Your post was pure exaggeration, it is not nearly as bad as you made out. I made a comparison, you used hyperbole.

So you saw a child get killed by a cop - why was he killed? Did he threaten them with a weapon? Then according to your law and the way American gun laws work (which in turn makes the police laws what they are, if you got rid of them then those police rules go but hey that's a different thread) then it was perfectly justified. The police didn't kill him for no reason whatsoever, they had a reason and it may not even have been intentional. Provide some details, don't just say "someone died, this is bad" because you're not looking at reasons why and they actually matter.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Every single cop in the USA needs to take half a days training to have the damned rules of engagement drilled into them.
    There's instances where I would probably agree. This isn't one of them though, kid was a danger to himself and everyone around him. There is a lot of shooting going on these days though.

But this is about what I'd expect to have happened. Dad was a moron for making it a police matter when it was just a family matter. People need to start thinking about what repercussions their actions are going to have.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Retarded dad, seriously calling police on your own son...

murica lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    When did this happen?
    As Ames Police Officer Adam McPherson followed Tyler onto the ISU campus, the 19-year-old allegedly rammed McPherson’s car. The truck was eventually stopped, though police say Tyler revved the engine and refused orders to turn off the car.

McPherson then fired six shots into the truck, hitting the teen twice and killing him, according to the Iowa state medical examiner’s office.
    Execution seriosuly coldblooded murder

Getting shot for starting a car engine and people in this thread are saying it's ok?

By now americans should know how things can end when you call the police.
    Maybe blame the dad, maybe blame the police.

It could be easily another scenario. Son hears cops - son panics, crashes car and dies.

Tragic, but the dad should have known better.

10+ Year Old Account
    /\ If you can legally get executed without Juge or Trial for starting an Engine the US legal system is fucked up.
    If there is a man in a truck pointed at a dozen baby carriages, and he is revving up the engine while disobeying the orders of LEO's, should the shoot him to eliminate the threat, or just hope that he is trolling them? Bear in mind that this man is in a stolen vehicle and just led them on a pursuit while ramming into said LEO's car.

Save the babies or take a chance? Your call, officer.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Execution seriosuly coldblooded murder

So the whole chase and ramming cars before that means nothing?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Police who watch corruption happen in their unit and do not speak out against it, are almost as bad as those who do the corrupting. Police officers follow a code of not ratting out their fellow "servicemen", similair to how gangs operate. So even if the corruption doesn't appear wide spread, it has taken over the whole department.

I can't wait to see how you rationalize cops that hide other cops corrupt activity.
    And I can't wait for you to stop providing ancedotal evidence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi