Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR and thinking realistically

As someone who has a tad more time than most players, I'm all for the removal of LFR and making life hard for the casuals, but when suggesting how the game will improve, you have to think realistically. Here are two points:

The most loyal subscriber is paying the same a month as the most critical, insecure and ignorant subscriber. Though LFR does not provide the same environment, it actually does allow for casuals to enjoy all the content. The problem is the environment and loot. If every raid finder group consisted entirely of 'nice' casual players who weren't so bright with game mechanics, they'd have a fun time defeating the bosses, dealing with a few wipes and eventually being saved by the determination buff. However, it's the loot that gets people here. As all the gear is the exact same but at a lower ilvl and obviously with lower stats, it attracts flex, normal and even unlucky heroic raiders. When their main raids fail to drop their desired pieces of loot, to LFR they go calling every single person a retard when possible. This is the issue.
    Blizzard has to find a way to make content that appeals to casuals more and doesn't attract higher end players as much here.

You can't just remove LFR. As much as I want it gone, you can't anymore. A coherent message to all normal/heroic raiders, myself included: Blizzard is a company. They're a business. They need money. Most of the player base is 'retarded'. LFR appeals to retards. If they remove LFR, the amount of unsubscribing retards who cannot deal with challenging content will greatly outweigh the amount of players who will be happy. This is sad yet true.

To conclude, the next expansion will indeed bring in 4 million more consistent subscribers or halve the current amount within the first quarter depending on how Blizzard is able to appeal to both casuals and hardcore players.
    Last edited by Sundrah; 2013-11-08 at 12:17 PM.

Another post by someone with no post history.

Moderators looking to create drama to amp up site visits?

But just in case... I, myself, is all about the removal of flex, normal and heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I just made this account. Legitimately new to the forums.

Deleted
    Why not contribute to the already many threads related to this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm the only one with a double sided opinion.

LFR appeals to retards. If they remove LFR, the amount of unsubscribing retards who cannot deal with challenging content will greatly outweigh the amount of players who will be happy. This is sad yet true.
    Making a strawman out of the people who run the content you don't like doesn't make you look right. It makes you look stupid.

How is he wrong? LFR is catered to the lowest common denominator of player.

Well OP - that seems like an easy fix. Blizz already did it once when they realized people were having too much fun running 10s and 25s in the same week - so they merged the lock outs. The same can be done for LFR, like you can only run LFR/Normal/heroic once a week. Problem solved.

Or is it? Because Blizz is very sly and I'm sure they thought of this already. So, why isn't it implemented - could you imagine the success rate of LFR if not for the non-casuals that run it? LOLOLOLOL good times.

I think the appeal of LFR isn't that it's easy, so much it is that it can be queued for, and your only pre-requisite for being allowed entrance is gear ILVL. (Though, it being simple is definitely the second highest appeal, I figure!) (I just think a large, large, large portion of WoW, and most sizable MMOs don't really want forced socialization to have "fun". Which is sort of in direct conflict, I guess, with the very genre!)

That being said, no matter what Blizzard does, short of going F2P or some other scheme, they aren't going to gain 4 million more players, at least I don't think so. The general interest just isn't there, and the would be casual interest probably already tried the game years ago.

I would resub if blizzard removed lfr, lfd, flying mounts, automated bg queues, cross realm everything, 90 percent of CC, and added attunements to raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    That being said, no matter what Blizzard does, short of going F2P or some other scheme, they aren't going to gain 4 million more players, at least I don't think so. The general interest just isn't there, and the would be casual interest probably already tried the game years ago.
    4 million might be an exaggeration, but if they do the expansion correctly, the game will have its life extended by a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Or to skilled players that don't have time to dedicate a set time to a raid, people with commitments, people that are fed up with guild drama and multitude of other people. Don't think people who raid are better just because they are able to devote enough consistent time to a guild.

Deleted
    You people who don't like it are like "I don't like it, so I don't do it, and if I don't do it, no one can, remove it" you're all butthurt over nothing, let the people who enjoy it do it, if you don't, don't do it, simple.

it attracts flex, normal and even unlucky heroic raiders. When their main raids fail to drop their desired pieces of loot,
    This is a good thing,

to LFR they go calling every single person a retard when possible. This is the issue.
    This is a bad thing, but 100% correct.

Normal and Heroic raiders consider themselves gods in LFR and think that entitles them to take a shit on everyone else

I dont want to see LFR gone because I use, but I wouldn't object to either

A) Loot is made slighty higher than heroic, but less than it is now, and turned to blue quality - No Tier
    b) Keep LFR as it is, but you hold it back a patch, for example the Toes / Vaults / HoF would of came out when ToT was launched, and ToT lfr would of come out when soO did.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Well OP - that seems like an easy fix. Blizz already did it once when they realized people were having too much fun running 10s and 25s in the same week - so they merged the lock outs. The same can be done for LFR, like you can only run LFR/Normal/heroic once a week. Problem solved.

Or is it? Because Blizz is very sly and I'm sure they thought of this already. So, why isn't it implemented - could you imagine the success rate of LFR if not for the non-casuals that run it? LOLOLOLOL good times.
    Erm no, because thats under the assumption that every single decent player would stick to normal, but you completely ignoreing people who are geared gemmed and enchanted who may have been raiders and dont simply have time due to RL any more, people who like to raid but not commit,

Or people who are better than LFR standard, like myself, who cant stand being in guilds, raiding guilds have gone nasty hateful places, everyone nout for their own good, elitest pricks that snap at people doing less than them, guild masters who hobby is to scream down a microphone worse than a 12 year old. Guilds are bull shit these days

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Actually its not. The lowest common denominator are players who aren't even max level, or who struggle even in normal 5 man content.

Calling them retards doesn't make you look clever by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Or people who are better than LFR standard, like myself, who cant stand being in guilds, raiding guilds have gone nasty hateful places, everyone nout for their own good, elitest pricks that snap at people doing less than them, guild masters who hobby is to scream down a microphone worse than a 12 year old. Guilds are bull shit these days
    I rejoined in patch 5.4, after not having played in 5.2 or 5.3 because I absolutely hated the Isle of Thunder. Since then I found a guild(well actually asked a friend for a guild invite) and they have been very helpful and friendly. I'm now more geared than most of the core raid team in the guild despite being just a sub :P

Anyways, I don't know what kind of guilds you're associating yourself with.

A) Loot is made slighty higher than heroic, but less than it is now, and turned to blue quality - No Tier
    b) Keep LFR as it is, but you hold it back a patch, for example the Toes / Vaults / HoF would of came out when ToT was launched, and ToT lfr would of come out when soO did.
    Option A can be really just turn the ilvl blue and drop no T set, maybe stats but no bonuses - keep the HC/Norm from farming when unlucky with normal drops
    Option B was tryed in T11 (nerf normal by 20% after the launch of next content) and had a huge outcry how Blizzard misstreats the casuals to keep them 1 tear of content behind. I would expect even greater cry in this case.

A simple loot lockout (like on the legendary items) for all modes across would help. I would still be able to help friends in Flex and get my loot on HC. It would requite tech to prevent dropping loot on the Flex if I kill boss before we manage to get there in HC (i think simple as changing loot spec to add "No loot drop")

Erm no, because thats under the assumption that every single decent player would stick to normal, but you completely ignoreing people who are geared gemmed and enchanted who may have been raiders and dont simply have time due to RL any more, people who like to raid but not commit,

I would recommend you my guild we are 8/14H now in Main 25, we have more casual second 25 running 13/14N and sometime 10N composed from benched players. Flex when nothing better is going on (afternoon before raidtime).
    We call this guild "Hardcore casual mode guild"
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2013-11-08 at 01:24 PM.

I miss the days when I would log on wow and run to my spot in SW and see my friends standing there talking. I miss running around on my ground mount and passing people by and actually knowing who they are, who they hung out with, and what their guild is like, because I had grouped with them several times. I miss how my server was its own little community. I miss when trolls were a very small portion of the server because what you brought to the table as a gamer was more important than how many one liners you could regurgitate. When most people had trolls on ignore instead of today when everyone aspires to be one.

I miss running to the battleground portals, seeing my friends on the way, and entering with them. Seeing familiar horde faces, names and guilds and making rivalries with the opposite faction. Running into horde while questing and not having them fly away. I miss world pvp.

I miss taking in the scenery on my ground mount. My horse wasn't easy to obtain by any standards and I was proud of it. I even named him Philip. We had great adventures.

I miss when raid content was difficult and exclusive. I know it sounds elitist, but this game had so much more magic when there was something truly difficult to strive for. When you'd see that raid gild stroll by in their amazing gear, it would push you to try harder with your guild and in the long run you would succeed. It was a long process yes, but it was so much more exciting and rewarding.

I was watching tv while I killed dw for the first time, yet cried tears of joy when I downed rag in vanilla. Huge difference.

Chalk it up to nostalgia but it is my opinion that the game was better before lfd, lfr, cross realm bgs, flying mounts, etc. Yeah sure, it's more convenient now, but is that what makes a game fun? I certainly don't think so.

Strong and friendly communities working toward a common goal are what make mmos fun. I wish blizzard would bring it back.

Deleted
    Just wanted to point out this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    The most loyal subscriber is paying the same a month as the most critical, insecure and ignorant subscriber.
    Seriously. Stop bringing subscription as justification for everything. Subscribers pay to play game, not to instantly access all content. Thinking like that results in everything being nerfed for lowest common denominator, ruining the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Seriously. Stop bringing subscription as justification for everything. Subscribers pay to play game, not to instantly access all content. Thinking like that results in everything being nerfed for lowest common denominator, ruining the game.
    Looks like you didn't read the entire post. Yours is invalid.