Poll: Will we hear about a new Annual Pass tomorrow?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Look D3 was included in an annual pass in order to stop people from leaving WoW for D3! Since whatever impact Diablo has on WoW is already un fait accompli, there is absolutely no point for it. Those people wishing for it are the people who do not want to pay for a copy Reaper of Souls, pure and simple.

AP1 was one of the best things I've bought I hope there will be another one

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing WoW since a while but i'd buy one if I get D3 expansion for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    They couldn't really be that stupid to flat out tell people that there's 9+ months between this content and the expac a 3rd time can they? Because that's what another annual pass would do is say they want to hold subs again while we sit on the same exact thing for almost a year again, there is a point where they have to learn that will not work anymore.
    I don't think it would necessarily be an indicator that the next expansion is 9+ months away (although we saw the beta for MoP go roughly 6 months and if it doesn't start soon, we're looking at June/July 2014 as the earliest for a release date).

I fail to see the downside - people that are going to keep playing anyway get free stuff for agreeing to do so for another year, and Blizzard gets to solidify its sub numbers a bit until the new expansion comes out (and beyond).

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Nobody would be stupid enough to fall for that again.
    Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean others found it a good bargin. The people who were going to play for a year anyway got a good deal out of it as they got guaranteed beta access, a free game and ingame mount.

Myself I'm hoping they do another one as I don't see myself unsubbing anytime soon and the free perks are nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Nobody would be stupid enough to fall for that again.
    I LOVE how some people act like it was a trap or scam... that's just pure ignorance.

I've been playing since vanilla beta and so far i see no reason to quit.

When the annual pass showed up, it was an awesome free bonus to me! I'd love another one.

Its not like you had to choose to accept the AP either if you looked at it in such a negative light.

I buy year long subscription time cards on eBay for around $75-90. My account is paid through December of 2014 anyway.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-11-07 at 07:31 PM.

It'd be a good move for them to introduce another reward for long term players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    I don't think it would necessarily be an indicator that the next expansion is 9+ months away (although we saw the beta for MoP go roughly 6 months and if it doesn't start soon, we're looking at June/July 2014 as the earliest for a release date).

I fail to see the downside - people that are going to keep playing anyway get free stuff for agreeing to do so for another year, and Blizzard gets to solidify its sub numbers a bit until the new expansion comes out (and beyond).
    I'm pretty sure we're going to see the expansion far sooner than most people think. Mists didn't have much of an internal alpha or beta - almost all of that fell squarely into the AP beta phase. The new expansion has probably been under internal work for awhile (maybe that's where the quote of 6 months of development from that one leak came from) - and the actual beta would need to be a lot shorter. Beta launch later this month, early next month? Expansion in mid-to-late spring.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

I hope there isn't. If there is they basically lied to us about releasing expansions quicker. With another annual pass, we will know they have fallen behind and have to deal with this last patch even longer than intended.

Was just thinking another thing they could add to the AP other than Beta access could be some deal like free upgrade from Regular edition to digital (where you get bonus items) or like a 50% off a copy of the expansion if bought digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post
    I hope there isn't. If there is they basically lied to us about releasing expansions quicker. With another annual pass, we will know they have fallen behind.
    How does them doing another Annual Pass mean they've fallen behind? It doesn't just because there was a long period of time in the last one doesn't mean it will happen again. People need to stop assuming things based off only one existing experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they ll.

And no, omg wont fall for this.

/shrug

I'd probably buy it, but I doubt they would do a second one after they kept saying how they probably wouldn't. I know how Blizzard can be, though.

If the expansion is due fall 2014 I would expect an annual pass, yes.

My hope is that the expansion is due spring 2014, since they have two separate devteams working on expansions now.

But I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Fall for it? What was the trap? >_>

People got it for the MoP beta access and a free copy of Diablo 3. They each got both. I'd say they got what they signed up for personally.

I'd have to know what was included with another annual pass before I even thought about it tbh.
    Many called it the Annual Scam. I did it and regretted it. Diablo 3 was one of the worst games I've played. I was mostly only interested in the beta. Well we all know how that turned out. They broke their promise, we didn't get access to the beta when it opened. Many had to wait several weeks and when they finally got in it was unplayable due to too many people. Also at the time, had I known we'd be going 10 months without content I wouldn't have signed up for it. It was a trap. I admit, I was stupid and fell for it. Fool me once shame on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    I'm pretty sure we're going to see the expansion far sooner than most people think. Mists didn't have much of an internal alpha or beta - almost all of that fell squarely into the AP beta phase. The new expansion has probably been under internal work for awhile (maybe that's where the quote of 6 months of development from that one leak came from) - and the actual beta would need to be a lot shorter. Beta launch later this month, early next month? Expansion in mid-to-late spring.
    I'm suspecting that we'll get hints as to when the beta will start, the tricky part is navigating the year-end holidays. If I recall correctly, the patch 5.2 PTR went up right after New Year's this year so I imagine that the new expansion beta would start up around that same time and hopefully not go for a full 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean others found it a good bargin. The people who were going to play for a year anyway got a good deal out of it as they got guaranteed beta access, a free game and ingame mount.

Myself I'm hoping they do another one as I don't see myself unsubbing anytime soon and the free perks are nice.

It might be a good bargain for you, but was a a good bargain for Blizzard? They had way too many people waiting for beta last time asking/shouting/screaming at Blizzard why their friends got in but they still could not. It left really bad taste in Blizzard's mouth.

I am really doubtful you will see another one.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    I LOVE how some people act like it was a trap or scam... that's just pure ignorance.

I've been playing since vanilla beta and so far i see no reason to quit.

When the annual pass showed up, it was an awesome free bonus to me! I'd love another one.

Its not like you had to choose to accept the AP either if you looked at it in such a negative light.

I buy year long subscription time cards on eBay for around $75-90. My account is paid through December of 2014 anyway.
    You mean Blizz did not come to your house and held a gun to your head like they did with everybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Almost no chance.

They've said they didn't like how it played out at virtually every interview since 2011.
    Did they say why? I'm really curious.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I can see it giving AP holders access to the Heroes of the Storm beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Almost no chance.

They've said they didn't like how it played out at virtually every interview since 2011.
    Mhmm, Simca is right !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.